TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

And just because Billie says Hailey had the phone doesn't mean Hailey made every call. The murderer could have made calls or texts from that phone after Hailey disappeared to make it appear Hailey made calls.

So LE never were able to confirm she was on the phone the day she disappeared? Correct Knox?

And just because Billie says Hailey had the phone doesn't mean Hailey made every call. The murderer could have made calls or texts from that phone after Hailey disappeared to make it appear Hailey made calls.

So LE never were able to confirm she was on the phone the day she disappeared? Correct Knox?
Not to my knowledge NM. If a reporter or Dateline would pick up this story maybe we would know the answer to that question.

I wonder if crime online or someone like that would take an interest? It would be a great dateline or 48 hours! Lots of drama!!
I am afraid it will just sit here and never have anyone working it. If Hailey were from a wealthy family in a large city, I feel her murder would have been solved by now.
Hailey's case is what brought me to Websleuths.....it has a special place in my heart as does Hailey.
Maybe one of the TExas Rangers will take this case up again and get some answers.

I've forgotten so much about this case over time. But I do remember thinking the same thing, way back when. This is similar to the Gannon Stauch case, where the only account of what happened in the days leading up to his murder were from the one who killed him. What tripped Leticia Stauch up were the neighborhood video cameras. The footage told the truth.

Whatever happened to Hailey could have occurred Sunday night after David left. IIRC that was somewhere around 10PM, he left to spend the night at a friends house.
Too bad no one had ring or arlo cameras back then.

Lot of witness reported seeing her,the investigators in charge never confirmed anything . The neighbor was a sex offender and reported seeing her on the phone. He died shortly after. The earring was a gauge and not something she would remove like that. Clint couldn't even keep a day straight . The truth is there somewhere but all the bs is blinding. For a week everyone said she ran away...except Billy. JMO

Can you please provide a link? Thinking something and memory is not the same as a link from LE. TYIA

My memory is just fine.

It was discussed on these boards at approximately these links:

TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #27

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/tx-hailey-dunn-13-colorado-city-27-dec-2010-27.125523/page-32

If you are only prepared to use links from LE then we would have nothing to discuss because LE don't release information about evidence. Goes both ways.

For those of you who follow the Suzanne Morphew case ...

I pinged the two retired Detectives who host Profiling Evil, and asked them to take a look at Hailey's case Evidence Room — Profiling Evil

Their show can be found here https://www.youtube.com/profilingevil, take a listen to the work they are doing on other cases. I really hope they consider putting some time into reviewing the known facts. I feel like Hailey has been forgotten and that breaks my heart.

I figure if I keep asking, someone is eventually going to say yes and a break in her case will happen.

I am not sure we can link Clint's facebook page about Hailey, but it appears Clint recently had heart problems. Hope he is doing better and gets well. Hope this is ok to post. TIA
Thanks for the heads up on that NM!

Knox, I feel like you do. I NEVER thought this case would NOT be solved by 2021. I think we know who the perps are, they just need to be arrested and tried.

I agree, but the perps I have in mind are likely different from yours ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery
Back