Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next coronavirus stimulus plan: $1,200 check, money for schools, pared-down unemployment payments

“Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is expected to lay out a $1 trillion stimulus package Monday that addresses financial assistance to schools, more money for COVID-19 virus testing, and a second direct payment stimulus check to millions of Americans.

The bill, which McConnell, R-Kentucky, is calling CARES 2, will be presented by eight senators, each explaining a component of the legislation.”

more at details at above link

—-

McConnell: CARES 2 is Tailored Precisely for this Phase of the Crisis

—-

Link to WS CARES thread:
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act

Last edited:
Who could run a business like that? 25% Capacity? We will be lucky to have any restaurants left at some point.

Yes, it’s looking very dire, according to Yelp (a site that lets users post reviews and rate businesses).
Nearly 16,000 restaurants have closed permanently due to the pandemic, Yelp data shows
New data from Yelp revealed the stark reality of permanent closures for an alarming number of restaurants, which already ran on thin margins.

The review site's latest Local Economic Impact Report, released Wednesday, showed that 60% of the restaurants that temporarily closed due to the pandemic have since shuttered for good.

This news just came out today. Those of you on the fence about getting your flu jab this year...might be interested in this. As far as myself, I have had a flu shot every year for about 30 years now (military for 20) with zero complications, in fact my thing is to go for a run right after getting it to provoke a greater immune response. Like I said, I forget about it as soon as I get it and off I go.

Have not had the flu ever in those 30 years. Hopefully this year will still remain the same.

I have also had my 2 pneumonia jabs. I follow the science and was in the medical field in the military.
Flu and Pneumonia Vaccines Linked to Reduced Risk of Alzheimer’s

The authors propose that the shots might keep the immune system primed to battle diseases that would otherwise contribute to cognitive decline.

Two studies presented Monday (July 27) at this year’s virtual Alzheimer’s Association International Conference have demonstrated that flu and pneumococcal vaccines are linked with a lower risk of Alzheimer’s disease.

[more at link....]

This news just came out today. Those of you on the fence about getting your flu jab this year...might be interested in this. As far as myself, I have had a flu shot every year for about 30 years now (military for 20) with zero complications, in fact my thing is to go for a run right after getting it to provoke a greater immune response. Like I said, I forget about it as soon as I get it and off I go.

Have not had the flu ever in those 30 years. Hopefully this year will still remain the same.

I have also had my 2 pneumonia jabs. I follow the science and was in the medical field in the military.

The authors propose that the shots might keep the immune system primed to battle diseases that would otherwise contribute to cognitive decline.

Two studies presented Monday (July 27) at this year’s virtual Alzheimer’s Association International Conference have demonstrated that flu and pneumococcal vaccines are linked with a lower risk of Alzheimer’s disease.

[more at link....]
Not vaccine, or vaccination or even shot, but jab.

I like that; so honest.

Dr. Anthony Fauci's baseball card just became one of the best selling in Topps' history

200727131438-anthony-fauci-baseball-card-topps-trnd-super-169.jpg

ToppsNow cards are available for only 24 hours on the Topps site. More than 51,500 Faucis were sold when the card hit the site last week, the company said.

The caption on the back describes the 79-year-old's pitch as "a strong effort to the plate”.

Last edited:
BBM:

Oh, I can.

It’s like the “churches”....

Nothing surprises me anymore. Nothing.

Especially considering that Governor, who gets the lowest grade of a Z-Minus, IMO.

We are tightening up our shared border with Victoria even more tonight.
Their rising cases and residents who have tried to sneak into my state are freaking us out. Especially now we are seeing the rebels who won't wear masks in Melbourne.

Now, our own South Australians who are in Victoria will not be able to come back here, indefinitely. They have had 4 days notice in which to get back here, if they want to do that.
And essential service cross-border people are going to have stricter rules put upon them.

Our public and home gathering limits are being reduced again.

Who is allowed to enter South Australia under new COVID-19 border restrictions?

Miami medical teams feel helpless as COVID-19 devastates South Florida — Reuters

This is deja vu of New York. I can’t believe things aren’t closing down!

One thing health care workers should never feel is helpless at the hands of the governor and the people.
Sometimes feeling somewhat helpless due to the virus itself, I can understand.
But feeling helpless due to their own people who they are trying desperately to help? That I cannot understand, at all. :mad:

From your link:
As the coronavirus ravages Florida, healthcare workers in Miami hospitals are struggling to cope with the emotional and physical impact of treating a crushing wave of COVID-19 patients.

After seeing 10,000 new cases a day become the norm across the state in July, many of those on the frontlines are frustrated with the apparent inability of local, state, and federal governments to coordinate an adequate response. They are equally aghast with what appears to be the reluctance or refusal of many Floridians to honor safety precautions to stop the spread of coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa