Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #72

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.
There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.
New virus in China ‘will have infected hundreds'
Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.
Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.
But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.
Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Updates and chat - United States:
Current Statistics for Each Individual States

Updates and chat - Other Countries:
Stats and Information from Other Countries

Safety Tips and Things to do While Quarantined

Facial Mask Making - Coronavirus
Grocery shopping tips during Coronavirus quarantine
Recipes to share during Coronavirus quarantine
Health and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine
Quarantine Vegetable Gardens
Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children MIS-c and Covid[/URL}

[URL='https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ws-members-loved-ones-who-have-coronavirus-and-testing.514116/']WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus and testing

Individuals and Companies that have donated to the Coronavirus COVID-19 cause

Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

______

Case details for US and Canada:
COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Case details for the entire world:
Coronavirus Update (Live): 206,893 Cases and 8,272 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Covid-19 Vaccine Development

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68[/URL] Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
See you tonight.
Love,
Tricia
PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

Please remember ...

No blatantly political posts.
Do not be rude or argumentative.
Do not discuss other members or enquire as to their whereabouts. Members are entitled to their privacy.

Do not discuss moderators, moderation, or removed posts. Doing so can result in a temporary or permanent ban from Websleuths.

If you state information as fact, you must provide a link to support that fact. No link, no post !!

Members may copy their own posts from the general discussion thread over to relevant, more local threads in other appropriate Covid-19 sub-forums. If you think someone else's post relates specifically to another thread within the forum, please use the Report feature to let Mods/Admins know and we will move it on over for you.

If you wish to start a new thread, please run it by a Mod or Admin for approval.

Stay safe, healthy, strong and be kind to others.

Permanent thread bans have been and will be issued for members who persist in trying to make the thread about politics.

In case you have not read the opening posts above, please etch this part of Tricia's post above in your memory:

NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT

Hey everyone,

Politicizing is not allowed. We realize it's difficult to separate Covid from politics in this discussion, but ...

If you are going to post about 1 or 1 million people attending a rally, a church event, etc, put on by God knows who, make sure your post indicates how the content of that post relates to Covid19 and isn't just about politics or political figures.

From Tricia's post at the beginning of each of these threads:

NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.

This post lands at random.

Address the post and NOT the poster.

Snarky, rude and personalizing posts that disrespect or denigrate another member get removed and may result in a permanent Thread Reply Ban or a board Time Out.

Politics, racial tensions, dismantling of statues, and protests are off limits.

If members wish to mention protests as they relate to the potential for spreading of the virus, that's fine, but otherwise it is off limits.

It is a violation of TOS to post off topic. Political and other off topic posts have been removed and serious TOs are being issued for those who derail the thread with such posts.

WS does not have a staff of hundreds to deal with all the Reports of TOS violations, not to mention it is very discourteous to members and guests who come here to read about the virus.

Stay on topic or there will be a loss of posting privileges.

ADMIN NOTE:

10ofRods is a Verified medical anthropologist and as such they are not required to provide links to information that is within the area of their expertise.

The Covid19 forum was set up by Tricia for those who take this virus seriously and are concerned about its effects on them and their loved ones. If you aren't concerned about Covid then please don't post here with a view to downplaying or minimizing the threat and making others feel that their concerns are not warranted.

If Covid does not concern you, this thread is not for you.

Admin Reminder:

ALL images require a link to the source or the post will be removed. (It must be an actual clickable link for other members to access directly, not just saying where it came from or having the source show on the page.)

Random links or random videos are not allowed and will be removed. If you aren't sure, please check with a Mod or Admin by sending a private message to ask.

Thanks.

Please read the following message from Tricia:

Dear Everyone,

This will be a quick message.

We need your help as soon as possible to keep Websleuths from going dark.
COVID-19 cut our revenue drastically. We are slowly creeping back up but we are still very short.
I wish I had the money to handle myself but Websleuths is my full time job.

We have two ways to donate
CLICK HERE TO SEND USING WEBSLEUTHS PAYPAL

CLICK HERE TO GET VENMO and the user name on Venmo is Tricia-Griffith-14

Please DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY unless you can truly afford to do so.

If you have questions please email rather that post here. My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

This is urgent. Any donation is appreciated.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner Websleuths.com

IMPORTANT:

We are receiving far too many complaints about posts that are minimizing the severity of Covid19 and its impact on human lives.

Websleuths has chosen to place their trust in Dr. Fauci, the CDC, the scientific data and those with extensive pandemic knowledge and expertise. If you aren't prepared to accept their recommendations and advice, or if you have a cavalier attitude about the health consequences of this deadly virus on yourself or others, then please don't post in this forum.

There are other "anything goes" forums on the internet that may be more to your liking as they do not have the same posting guidelines.

Please continue to Report any posts that you feel are contrary to the forum specific policies Tricia has put in place, or posts that you feel are not in the spirit of this discussion.

Thank you.

Are we allowed to cite Dr. Birx or is she off limits? Thank you.

Dr. Birx is not off limits. As Coordinator of the WH Coronavirus Task Force, I think we can appreciate that she is in a delicate position. WSers are certainly free to consider her recommendations and perhaps make their own determination of how those recommendations compare to Dr. Fauci's.

PLEASE DO NOT DEBATE.
ANYTHING.
THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS FOR.

IF SOMEONE POSTS AN OPINION YOU DISAGREE WITH, THAT IS NOT AN INVITATION TO ENGAGE IN A DEBATE. REPORT THE POST IF YOU MUST, BUT DO NOT DO SO IN A DISRESPECTFUL WAY TO MODERATORS.

OTHERWISE MOVE ON. STATE YOUR OWN OPINIONS WITHOUT ENGAGING WITH THE ONES YOU DISAGREE WITH.

Guillain-Barre, maybe?

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2009191

ETA:
Bonnet told 25 News that Boston doctors have tentatively diagnosed her son with transverse myelitis — an inflammation of both sides of the spinal cord — but she’s hopeful he’ll make a full recovery soon.

Florida nurse flown to Boston hospital after COVID-19 left him paralyzed | Boston.com
That was my first thought. My young Niece had it. She walked in to a routine dental exam, Mom drove her home and she couldn't get out of the car. Straight to Hospital and this was her diagnosis. She still has a foot that drags a bit when tired or doing stairs. She is only 13 years old.

Florida collects more data on COVID-19 hospital patients than it shares with the public
If the state publicly disclosed all the data it was keeping, experts say it would help them better understand how the virus is spreading

OMG, YES!!!!

Virginia is reporting what CDC recommends but its so fragmented. Test are by health district, combining several small cities together, cases are my city/county, and hospital data is for the entire state.

We can't even look at the break down of test vs cases by small cities and counties. How can we expected to know what is really going on?

Most recently, they chopped the state into sections with no information on what cities are included as...eastern, NE, Central, SE, NVA.

Virginia is doing an outstanding job of insuring localities don't have what we need to open schools.

Our local leaders spoke last week to the public via a zoom FB call. Our positivity rate runs 12% to 21% over the last 7 days, with ALL long term care facilities, most manufacturing plant outbreaks.

Our local HD director said, its out of control, we cant even trace these cases, the VIRUS is Winning. Our local leaders stated the Governor ask localities to NOT roll back to phase two, but to follow HIS phase three program. But, no slides, data or charts by city to back up her statement. She can't even tell us where the cases are coming from. She doesn't have time to contact each contact tracer for updates and has no report that provides the information...what the HECK!!!

Most folks in my community won't wear mask, no free mask programs, no community effort thru advertising, newspaper, or TV coverage for mask wearing. Not even FB post!!! But plenty of coverage to go eat out and support local business.

MOO....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member