Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave one example already earlier during her taped phone call and its mainly my opinion how I am interpreting her from watching all her interviews and I did include JMO.

Im ready to move on and drop it because enough has been said and I am thankful for her cooperation now as I mentioned.

Like others said, I will try to focus on the real two criminals unless more charges come down on someone else.

I feel Lori was being honest when she said "with all that you know" to MG. I feel MG does know more. I believe she DID believe the zombie stuff about Tylee..so if Tylee was not around, so be it based on their beliefs.

I feel she got protection for her testimony, and thus MG feels she needs no lawyer.

All things considered, she drops scripture and religious stuff when needed, just as Lori does.

All below MOO.

I thought that phone call was extremely interesting from a psychological standpoint. Almost like a professional interviewer would do.

I was cringing when it appeared that Lori knew something was up, (first starting at 6:10..escalates....) and questioned MG as to if she was taping or working with the police later in the call. And am I hearing things as it sounds like someone scribbling in background a few times at 10:15, and hard scribbling at 10:26... and 11:04 and 11:53 and other times, and like a piece of paper being torn at 12:05??? etc @ 14:45, 15:45 up through 18:05... always more scribbling it sounds like 18:40... Was Chad writing for Lori, or DW writing for MG?

There seemed to be a looooooooooong pause and I thought that from then on, Lori would be 100% guarded in her answers.

MG brought up scripture, and all the thoughts of LE went out of Lori's mind and she went to her stress personality, which is her standard Lori "a good defense is a religious offense stance" ... and off the conversation went, and call went for much longer. Us southerners use the term, "she was so upset she couldn't think straight"... and she lost focus of LE etc. She and Chad both.

Well played.

I've listened to that call many times, and may want to listen again as each time I glean something.

There are some better quality recordings and transcripts out there now on the internet, but this is one I know is allowed here as link.

ETA: Can someone bump an approved link for the transcript of the call. So much to listen to for insight, but I want the transcipt to put in what I think I hear as to scribbling on paper (write notes to person on call) vs. transcript. Now that I'm typing this, I'm hearing it in so many more places the scribbling and what sounds like frantic underlining in the background throughout this call.

Last edited:
All below MOO.

I thought that phone call was extremely interesting from a psychological standpoint. Almost like a professional interviewer would do.

I was cringing when it appeared that Lori knew something was up, (first starting at 6:10..escalates....) and questioned MG as to if she was taping or working with the police later in the call. And am I hearing things as it sounds like someone scribbling in background a few times at 10:15, and hard scribbling at 10:26... and 11:04 and 11:53 and other times, and like a piece of paper being torn at 12:05??? etc @ 14:45, 15:45 up through 18:05... always more scribbling it sounds like 18:40... Was Chad writing for Lori, or DW writing for MG?

There seemed to be a looooooooooong pause and I thought that from then on, Lori would be 100% guarded in her answers.

MG brought up scripture, and all the thoughts of LE went out of Lori's mind and she went to her stress personality, which is her standard Lori "a good defense is a religious offense stance" ... and off the conversation went, and call went for much longer. Us southerners use the term, "she was so upset she couldn't think straight"... and she lost focus of LE etc. She and Chad both.

Well played.

I've listened to that call many times, and may want to listen again as each time I glean something.

There are some better quality recordings and transcripts out there now on the internet, but this is one I know is allowed here as link.

ETA: Can someone bump an approved link for the transcript of the call. So much to listen to for insight, but I want the transcipt to put in what I think I hear as to scribbling on paper (write notes to person on call) vs. transcript. Now that I'm typing this, I'm hearing it in so many more places the scribbling and what sounds like frantic underlining in the background throughout this call. ) Won't be for court, but just here at WS.

I've mentioned numerous times I need closed captioning. I am literally blown away that not only can the sound of writing come through a phone call, but underlining sounds different from writing. I had no idea. Absolutely none.

Does all writing make noise?

I've mentioned numerous times I need closed captioning. I am literally blown away that not only can the sound of writing come through a phone call, but underlining sounds different from writing. I had no idea. Absolutely none.

I just did with a ball point pen on scratch paper, and it sounds just like what I'm hearing when writing fast (I used the word scribbling incorrectly, I mean fast writing/hard on paper..like when one would want to pass a note to the caller = noise ------ vs. slow writing as normally done, no noise).

I'll defer to others to perhaps listen to and see if I'm just imagining things. That's why I wanted the transcript to be able to document when/what I heard.

I've never seen mentioned, perhaps there are termites in my wall scratching lol... so look forward to see if any one else wants to listen to verify before I go down the rabbit hole.

As I said in post, once I learned what to listen for, I heard more of it.

All MOO

Last edited:
For all we know, CD might have told his kids that Alex or LV asked if they could bury an expired pet in his pet cemetery and that he agreed--never knowing what Alex was really burying.
So Alex was there for hours burying his pet when Chad was burning tree limbs next to him? The second time Alex was there for only 20 minutes, which is not enough to dig a grave. There's not way that Chad's children still believe that their father had nothing to do with burying Tylee and JJ. On the other hand, if murder charges aren't coming his way Chad could be a free man again in less than 10 years.

YES!!!!
I have believed from day One that there is something fishy about AxC's death.
I don't care what the autopsy report shows--something is missing or has been overlooked, IMO

And Tammy's exhumation. Since some of us think that Melanie was coached for the recorded phone call, do we think her involvement with LE had anything to do with the exhumation?

And Tammy's exhumation. Since some of us think that Melanie was coached for the recorded phone call, do we think her involvement with LE had anything to do with the exhumation?

Due to the timing of the call and the exhumation, I'm thinking that it was all in process already as that's a legal timeline that takes some time. There were so many other things going on (heck, we now find that Mow was being looked into also around that time) so perhaps all added up

I just did with a ball point pen on scratch paper, and it sounds just like what I'm hearing when writing fast (I used the word scribbling incorrectly, I mean fast writing/hard on paper..like when one would want to pass a note to the caller = noise ------ vs. slow writing as normally done, no noise).

All MOO

Very interesting!! After watching CD "Assist" Prior, during the prelim,
I mean we all saw it, he was directing and taking notes, etc.... and now that you have presented this thought, I think it's completely possible that CD was passing LV notes guiding her narrative during that recorded call with MG.

Even though we suspect LV to be a manipulator, CD as cowardly and weak as he may seem, he likes to control narratives.

He is the "author" in the group. Imo I think he just may have been the one directing the narrative all along. Someone with a better grasp on the timeline may be able to refute or support this idea.

Except that she weaseled her way back to Charles in April. He temporarily stopped being a zombie, because she needed to get his finances in order. At that time he thought that her going off the rails in January was a misunderstanding. Not saying that she didn't believe in crazy things, but (IMO) Lori's motivation was primarily financial. She stood to gain from every death, including the children's.

I’ll never understand how CV could have wanted her back. Nobody is *that* good a cook, if you get my drift.

<snipped for focus>

If they had the phone on speaker and had set it on a table, it would pick up that exact kind of scratchy noise. Good thinking, dixiegirl.

Posting for the first time in a long time... spent so much time catching up in a short period, it gives you a different view than coming in at the beginning and I think I’ve got an alternate theory.. feel free to poke holes. Just thought it might spark some ideas.

I think chad is going to give up Lori eventually. My gut feeling is that all the Noise about zombies and their doomsday belief is not what killed those kids. I think it’s what bought Lori and chad together, I think she was fan girling and he was sucked in by her, probably flattered and thinking with his man bits. Plenty of people have affairs.

I do think Tammy was killed but I just can’t see chad actually doing it, can’t get my head around it he seems too slow and doofussy

I think Tylee was killed because had a fight with Lori over something, and Lori and Killed her. I think that’s why she was treated different to JJ post mortem, it seems more, I don’t know.. frenzied or vindictive? By that stage chad is already covering up one (Tammy) crime, so he goes along with it.

But I do think JJ may have been an accident, or at least not totally on purpose. it’s been reported that she drugged him often, I think she had had enough of dealing with him, climbing the cabinets etc, she’s stressed about what she did to Tylee and getting caught, and drugged him up without caring about the dose and He died, Alex then dealt with the aftermath, and they talked chad into burying him to ‘save’ Lori, after all it was an ‘accident’. I think that’s why they asked MG to lie, it was all unplanned and they were panicking. If it was planned they would have had a better story about where JJ was.

being separated from Lori will give him time to think and his kids and lawyer will talk him into rolling over.. I’m not saying he’s innocent but I would be very surprised if he was actually involved in the killing bit of those kids.

on the actual disposal, we’re assuming it all happened in the day of each killing, I think JJ wrapped in the way he was because they couldn’t get him in the ground quickly. That looks like a large plot of land, they could have easily spent a few days preparing when people were not home, using the excuse of maintenance.

Long post !!
IMO of course.

Last edited:
Posting for the first time in a long time... spent so much time catching up in a short period, it gives you a different view than coming in at the beginning and I think I’ve got an alternate theory.. feel free to poke holes. Just thought it might spark some ideas.

I think chad is going to give up Lori eventually. My gut feeling is that all the Noise about zombies and their doomsday belief is not what killed those kids. I think it’s what bought Lori and chad together, I think she was fan girling and he was sucked in by her, probably flattered and thinking with his man bits. Plenty of people have affairs.

I do think Tammy was killed but I just can’t see chad actually doing it, can’t get my head around it he seems too slow and doofussy

But I do think JJ may have been an accident, or at least not totally on purpose. it’s been reported that she drugged him often, I think she had had enough of dealing with him, climbing the cabinets etc and drugged him up without caring about the dose and He died, Alex then dealt with the aftermath, and they talked chad into burying him to ‘save’ Lori, after all it was an ‘accident’. I think that’s why they asked MG to lie, it was all unplanned and they were panicking. If it was planned they would have had a better story about where JJ was.

I think Tylee was killed because she was asking about JJ, had a fight with Lori and Lori and Alex killed her to again protect Lori. I think that’s why she was treated different to JJ post mortem, it seems more, I don’t know.. frenzied or vindictive? By that stage chad is already covering up one (2?) crime, so he has to go along with it.

being separated from Lori will give him time to think and his kids and lawyer will talk him into rolling over.. I’m not saying he’s innocent but I would be very surprised if he was actually involved in the killing bit of those kids.

on the actual disposal, we’re assuming it all happened in the day of each killing, I think JJ wrapped in the way he was because they couldn’t get him in the ground quickly. That looks like a large plot of land, they could have easily spent a few days preparing when people were not home, using the excuse of maintenance.

Long post !!
IMO of course.

Just wanna make sure you know Tylee was killed 2 weeks prior to JJ. That isn't clear to me in your post. Jmo

Welcome aboard or welcome back!

I’m a couple pages back so I’m not sure where my response will actually fall and I’m sure it’s my longest ever.

Personally, I hope someone grabbed the stuff and got it to safe keeping (which I don’t think is the case) but I’ll I disagree on numerous levels regarding the rest.

I've felt like this the moment Emma went to the property after the kids were found. People were calling her crazy for wanting to live there, etc. Ok. What if that’s the last place she remembered normalcy in her life. What if that it brings her good thought about being there with her mother? The fact is we don’t know and I think it’s insane to sit around and act like any of us know what you’d really act like when something of this magnitude is literally your life every second…every day.

Why take down the memorial? Not to sound like a jerk but why not? I’ve actually felt like whoever has been living there has been accommodating in letting this continue and let people grieve and show their support (on their property). I can’t imagine grabbing a cup of coffee in the morning and looking out the window every day to see thousands of people parading near/on your property. I find it amazing that they kept it up as long as they did (because I don’t think I would have). Say it was the kids that took it down. Would it matter to you if those kids hated their dad and didn’t’ want to see anything in relation to this case? I know there are plenty WS out of staters who have visited to pay your respects (which is awesome as well) but it’s not their responsibility to maintain some driveby memorial on their own property so you can pay your respects.

I’m not defending LV, CD, AC, MG, DW, Z-, M, I and others. However, there are victims besides TR & JJ in this ordeal and those include family and friends that were not involved.

I find the removal of the items saddening but also feel like it has to pass. There was something about these to kids that was awesome and gained an insane amount of support locally/nationwide and internationally for a reason. These kids will not be forgotten!

@SleuthD-o-doubleg Good stuff if you can find a more permanent placement of a memorial. It's obviously a small town but with a connection to this case that will be unmatched. Keep us updated as I know I'd be interested in supporting
Saying this with the upmost respect for our differing opinions:
Who would want to grab a cup of coffee in the morning and look out into the yard that you step sibling were buried in just saying.

All writing does not make noise. However, when writing makes noise, it's easy to distinguish whether there are letters being written or letters are being underlined.

If it's possible to hear the sound of writing, as in this case, it likely reflects the psychology of the writer(s) at the time. They could, for instance, be in a rage.

Having a hearing limitation must be very difficult, @CSIDreamer .... FYI for your (and maybe some other folks') general knowledge, different types of pens can make different sounds. When I was a child (7), I was required to use "dip pens" (like quills with metal nibs); the ink would splatter and the nib made a scratchy sound as the drop of ink finished and the nib went dry. I kinda think a teacher could hear the splatter and not just see ink splotches all over the place. :( With a fountain pen (the newer version of a dip pen: it had a reservoir where you could fill it with ink), you might be able to hear a glide or a squeak. You could tell how fast someone was writing and when they placed a full-stop (period).
We weren't allowed to use ball points for school work, and they weren't common in my world. We used them for spirographs (remember those?). The sound depended on how hard you pressed. Ergo, if you can hear LV and CD applying ink to paper, they have a lot of tension in their hands and are applying a lot of energy. Rage, I would guess. Fear? Could be both.
Sharpies have a certain sound, too.
On this topic, a Mac sounds different from a PC. They tried removing the tapping sounds, but that was a catastrophe. People couldn't handle it. So, yes, writing makes a sound.
If LE saw that pad of paper, they'd likely to be able to read it several sheets down.

Last edited:
Saying this with the upmost respect for our differing opinions:
Who would want to grab a cup of coffee in the morning and look out into the yard that you step sibling were buried in just saying.

Well, LDS folks don't drink coffee. So, there is that.

The creep factor...and also living in the house that their mother mysteriously died. No thanks.

Very interesting!! After watching CD "Assist" Prior, during the prelim,
I mean we all saw it, he was directing and taking notes, etc.... and now that you have presented this thought, I think it's completely possible that CD was passing LV notes guiding her narrative during that recorded call with MG.

Even though we suspect LV to be a manipulator, CD as cowardly and weak as he may seem, he likes to control narratives.

He is the "author" in the group. Imo I think he just may have been the one directing the narrative all along. Someone with a better grasp on the timeline may be able to refute or support this idea.

I'm adding/replying to my own comment...

On the flip side, if we think that MG and possibly her boyfriend or whoever might have been with her were the ones doing the scribbling and writing during this phone call, that also makes sense.

In the beginning of the phone call MG sounds as if she's reading something and she's seems nervous. She is speaking fast and trying to get certain things out in the conversation (seemingly one-sided) she talks over LV and is not completely listening to what LV is saying at times. Then we notice she becomes a little bit more comfortable and begins to engage in an actual back-and-forth type conversation.

I am adding this because I can't decide which team was doing the writing for the direction or narrative of that phone call.

I believe it's important though because if it was MG and whoever was with her during that call then she had an agenda to protect herself, if it was CD while LV was talking it shows another side of CD and more guilt in my opinion.

Editing to add...Just read a post in regard to differing sounds of writing with certain types of pens...if it were rage type sounds... Then I am leaning towards CD writing the narrative for what LV was saying to MG. Imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member