FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - I think all there is to say is that I hope there is a lot of security footage to help figure out who she really was last with in Florida. I tend to find the POI's video credible and believe he would have been taken into custody if the story he told was not backed up by video and phone evidence.

I am very worried for Laila's safety and believe she got comfortable with very high risk situations living in smaller towns giving her a false sense of security. Then in a big city, taking those same risks, it immediately went terribly wrong.

What I’m feeling from watching that video and this is just my opinion is she went their to meet him maybe he did give her cash for the truck maybe she couldn’t give him the title or cash back and he lost it on her. Maybe he knew kam couldn’t say what happened and he couldn’t hurt the boy so he let him go . And ya about Everglades as soon as I heard him mention it a few times and thought of the gators. What ever happened to Leila happened away from cameras he knew so much about. But that’s all jmoo
I have my doubts about the video in it's entirety, especially the part about the $3K for the truck. Where exactly would he have been coming up with a lump sum if he himself is sleeping in his car?

I read the woman who found him changed his diaper IIRC, so Moo

The authorities could have still gotten the old diaper and traced for prints I would think. But at that time they didn't know Leila was missing so by the time they DID know the diaper was probably long gone in the dump.

I am so glad we can discussed this video I was waiting patiently on how to bring it up, I first saw it on FB watched it a few times. I think his account is mixed with truth and lies. I still think he is responsible for her disappearance, until the cops say he is not. The timeline is way too short. I believe the sand on Kam came from the beach, Leila either got there Late Friday or early Saturday, if she spent the day with him, there isn't much time left for her to sleep and go party . I have always believed it wasn't some rando that drop Kam off, they would not have cared, he spent time with this child.
However, if his account is true then Leila was partying/staying in that area where they found Kam. The one thing that is consistent as he said it himself, she is never without him. So then I don't think she left him intentionally. I also don't think his belief that she was in Florida before she actually met up with him is accurate, she may have not had the funds to travel as yet so she kept stalling him but was still in GA.
The whole truck purchase thing is very sketchy to me. MOO

eta-I believe her travelling to Florida was to meet him for some job. What actually happened after, who knows He mentions the everglades alot. MOO

I agree!!

I may eat these words later, but I think he's telling the truth. He's an unusual guy, for sure, but I don't think he's lying.
Thinking this guy would make a good actor(character/comedic) due to his speech patterns, facial expressions, and his ability to recite a long soliloquy.

Much of what he says actually rings true, except for some of the truck buying/selling bits.imo.

Maybe one way to determine if his story is true or not, would be if he could consistently recall the events out of sequence, makes it harder if the story was rehearsed.
just my speculation, for now, imo, fwiw.

Last edited:
I'm guessing he sleeps in his car so he doesn't have to pay accommodation. Isn't it warm in Florida? He was there because of the girl in the hospital. Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't hear him say anything about seeing her son. Where was he when she got in the car with the men? Was he with them? I also think he has been cleared by police after viewing cctv cameras. He is a very animated guy who seems to have been out of trouble for quite awhile. Unfortunately it seems like Laila has gone right off the rails. I'm sure her family knew what she was up to. Was it her sister who said " it doesn't matter what you have done, just contact us"? As mentioned in post 501 she got away with a lot in a small town but now she has joined the big league. I just hope all of this has not cost her her life.

What strikes me odd is the fact that Leila and her son were homeless for some time apparently according to this video. He even throws shade at the family for not helping out then.

I wonder if the truth lies some where in the middle. Maybe they had tried to help Leila out before, but because of drugs or other problems, couldn't do it any longer. IDK, just a sad story all the way around. It sounds like she loved her son a great deal by those I've seen talking.<even if she did make poor childcare choices>

I hope Leila is found safely, but I'm feeling she may not be after all this time.

What strikes me odd is the fact that Leila and her son were homeless for some time apparently according to this video. He even throws shade at the family for not helping out then.

I wonder if the truth lies some where in the middle. Maybe they had tried to help Leila out before, but because of drugs or other problems, couldn't do it any longer. IDK, just a sad story all the way around. It sounds like she loved her son a great deal by those I've seen talking.<even if she did make poor childcare choices>

I hope Leila is found safely, but I'm feeling she may not be after all this time.
BBM
I would be happily surprised if she is found alive, but I doubt it. More than anything because I don't think she would have left her son. He was a well cared for (physically) and loved little boy.
It looks to me that somebody just dropped him off because they didn't know what else to do with him. And thank goodness they did!

The Edge Apartments in Miramar have security cameras. These apartments are in 4 two story buildings arranged in. a square around a courtyard with a swimming pool and parking in the middle. All doors open into the courtyard. There is also parking located outside the courtyard on the east side of the east building. I believe this is where Kamdyn was found wandering alone. This outside parking area adjoins SW 68th Ave. What I would like to know is where is the gas station that Leila supposedly got into the black car with 2 men is in relation to the Walmart and The Edge Apartments.

I may eat these words later, but I think he's telling the truth. He's an unusual guy, for sure, but I don't think he's lying.
Exactly my thoughts. A lot of rambling but I believe the truth is in there. He even seemed upset at the end when he mentions that he gave her the $3,000 for the truck but instead likely/possibly support her drug use. He said the men that she was talking to at the gas station asked if she likes to party. Isn’t that kinda code for doing drugs? MOO

Exactly my thoughts. A lot of rambling but I believe the truth is in there. He even seemed upset at the end when he mentions that he gave her the $3,000 for the truck but instead likely/possibly support her drug use. He said the men that she was talking to at the gas station asked if she likes to party. Isn’t that kinda code for doing drugs? MOO

It is

It may sound like code for doing drugs to the girl, but thinking it is code for drugs/drink first, then ''party'' with your body for the guys. Sorry to be crude, imo, speculation.

"Party" is often code for prostitution activity.

I though party just meant party. Was she going to party regardless of the meaning, with her son? He did say she took her son along as security and not to have sex with the men but take their money.

Drug users are stubborn, no doubt in my mind her family tried to help her, whether they did enough, I don't know. I do question the Kam situation as they all keep saying she was a good mom but maybe she loves her child and would never abuse him but his life was still unstable. Maybe they did not know the extent to what she was doing . As a young woman it seemed Leila burned alot of bridges. However, it is never too late for redemption and I am rooting for her. moo

He rambled so much in that video that I don't understand half of what he was saying. Can someone give me a cliff-notes explaining what he is saying? Like the first part of the story is that she showed up on his door step when Kamdyn was a baby. He says Kam had rotted teeth. He felt the need to help Leila so gave her many chances even after she supposedly stole from him. He claims that she would constantly meet guys on dating apps and go meet up with them. He kinda took her under his wing for a bit there.

I get the backstory of it but what I'm confused on is the more current stuff. If I understand he had to go to FL because someone he knew was sick and he needed helping moving his stuff. Was he moving to FL? He mentioned his friend was sick right? He was down there with a friend. He said he gave Leila the 3K+ for her truck bc she agreed to let him buy it off her? How does he thinks she would get home if she was meeting him in FL with the truck? Then they were at the walmart and she gets in a black vehicle after meeting two guys and she took Kam with her so he sleeps in his truck at the gas station for 2 days waiting on her to come back and she doesn't return that's when he's met with Police when he gots back to the truck clean it out?

IDK it seems sketch to me some things don't make sense and I think I misunderstood most of what he said so could someone write a cliffnotes in here? I think it would be helpful for those that don't want to watch the 1hr long video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes