Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ... I would have to go searching way back in the threads. As I said "IIRC".

Feel free to take my info as you will. Your post asked if it was ever established, and I tried to be helpful.

Yes, I've read that people stated that they weren't connected, but I'd really like to know "whether it was ever established" (in other words, if there was any mention at the inquest or in quotes from MSM) if these were one/both the same people or if there was some relationship to them?

If you believe there was, then I will look for it in the posts.

Yes, I've read that people stated that they weren't connected, but I'd really like to know "whether it was ever established" (in other words, if there was any mention at the inquest or in quotes from MSM) if these were one/both the same people or if there was some relationship to them?

I don't think it was in MSM. I think it was determined by property/deed searches, and such. Possibly by Makara, as she was very good at those kinds of searches.

I think that it would be supressed testimony. Not because of the well dressed man and the car, but because of the person who spoke with the well dressed man and saw the car.

There have been hints, in MSM in the early years, about who the shopkeeper is - just took a bit of piecing it together. It is nothing nefarious.
Thank you. It seems a bit odd that the person was called as a witness at all if the well-dressed man was identified and dismissed. Does anyone know the actual story with him?

See if you can find any independent confirmation that a Martin and Daniel/a Parish ran the cafe. It's been suggested that someone's mistaken guess as to who Martin and Daniel were got reported as fact.

If you read the book ( that's not allowed to be discussed here for some reason ) , it gives the answer ;)

There was no mention of this at the inquest!

Thank you, not wishing to be ungrateful for your answer, but I've been told recently that you cannot state something unless you are able to back it up with links/quotes, even if you believe it to be true or you have a source you are not able to share.

Yes, that is correct. I was only trying to recall things that are way back in the threads though.
The info is here somewhere.

Some people used to pay the fee for council information. Others were really good at finding info via real estate sites.

If you read the book ( that's not allowed to be discussed here for some reason ) , it gives the answer ;)

There was no mention of this at the inquest!

OK, thanks. It just seems an incredible coincidence that they should have such similar names in such a small area and not be connected at all. I had forgotten about it until I came across it in the inquest again.

Sex offenders ‘like mosquitoes’ in William Tyrrell town, says cop

“So far, we’ve spoken to 18 known sex offenders who live among the acre blocks and rural properties that lie within a 30-kilometre radius of Benaroon Drive, and another 60 who live further beyond it.

“There seem to be so many such offenders on this stretch of the Mid North Coast.”

He reveals the troubled history of the investigation, including a constant lack of resources and enormous backlog of material, and his concerns about crucial evidence being missed as detectives were overwhelmed.

“It’s obvious how much was missed in those first hours and days when the local cops treated it as a missing-persons case and before Homicide was called in,” he writes.

“Neighbours’ houses were not properly searched, cars came and left the street where William disappeared without being checked, and no crime scene was established.”

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Gary Jubelin I Catch Killers book extract: William Tyrrell mistakes and why the case hasn’t been cracked

It's a huge article & paywalled.

I'll try & paraphrase some of it

* Homicide called in after almost 1 week

* Police response appeared confused, who’s running the case, the local uniformed commander ( who was doing press conferences ) or the homicide squad?

* Paul Jocob sent detectives to Kendall, at that time was was being treated as a missing persons case, huge search has been carried out.

* PJ said “ The cops need to get on top of this, and quickly”

* Weeks later Hans ( cop leading the investigation ) walks past GJ’s desk, talk about case, HR says WT is a foster child, the house he went missing from is the FGM, and his biological parents had stolen WT before

* GL thinks is sounds like a good line of injuiry. . Statistically, when a child is murdered or goes missing, the perpetrator is usually someone close to them.

* Hans was months away from retiring after 40 yrs in the police

* Feeling around the office was that this should be a straight forward case to end his career on

* Almost 4 months later, in early December, Mick Willing calls GJ into office & says that there is evidence neither bio family or FF are involved. Hans had ruled them out.

* MW wanted GJ to return from unsolved homicide unit to take over when Hans retired in Febuary 2015

* MW says “ Jubes I need you to sort this out, it’s all over the place”

* GJ looks at the computer system & sees MW is right. Obvious how much was missed in those first hours & days when the local cops treated it was missing person, before homicide was called in

*GJ says houses were not properly searched, cars came & left the street without being checked & no crime scene was established.

* The e@gle.i system shows over 1000 items, reports, statements, investigators’ notes -still waiting to be reviewed

* GJ couldn't find a written investigation plan. Only a few cops working on the case, not enough

Gary Jubelin I Catch Killers book extract: William Tyrrell mistakes and why the case hasn’t been cracked

It's a huge article & paywalled.

I'll try & paraphrase some of it

* Homicide called in after almost 1 week

* Police response appeared confused, who’s running the case, the local uniformed commander ( who was doing press conferences ) or the homicide squad?

* Paul Jocob sent detectives to Kendall, at that time was was being treated as a missing persons case, huge search has been carried out.

* PJ said “ The cops need to get on top of this, and quickly”

* Weeks later Hans ( cop leading the investigation ) walks past GJ’s desk, talk about case, HR says WT is a foster child, the house he went missing from is the FGM, and his biological parents had stolen WT before

* GL thinks is sounds like a good line of injuiry. . Statistically, when a child is murdered or goes missing, the perpetrator is usually someone close to them.

* Hans was months away from retiring after 40 yrs in the police

* Feeling around the office was that this should be a straight forward case to end his career on

* Almost 4 months later, in early December, Mick Willing calls GJ into office & says that there is evidence neither bio family or FF are involved. Hans had ruled them out.

* MW wanted GJ to return from unsolved homicide unit to take over when Hans retired in Febuary 2015

* MW says “ Jubes I need you to sort this out, it’s all over the place”

* GJ looks at the computer system & sees MW is right. Obvious how much was missed in those first hours & days when the local cops treated it was missing person, before homicide was called in

*GJ says houses were not properly searched, cars came & left the street without being checked & no crime scene was established.

* The e@gle.i system shows over 1000 items, reports, statements, investigators’ notes -still waiting to be reviewed

* GJ couldn't find a written investigation plan. Only a few cops working on the case, not enough

REALLY looking forward to reading Jubes' book.

I notice in that article it speaks of many things that need revealing ... for example, that Jubes was completely against publicly outing Spedding as a POI, and Jubes was actually in WA when the Hans-Rupp-ordered searches of Spedding were conducted.

Also, that Jubes immediately looked intensely at the 'most obvious' suspects, the people who were closest to William.

^ Me too, SA. I've pre-ordered Jubelin's book from Booktopia.

I am going to buy it for my kindle next week. The release is in just 5 days time. :)

Kindle books, being digital, don't run out of supply. So I don't bother to pre-order. And my kindle lets me bookmark pages for later back-reference.

In a DT article today it says that Jubes speaks (in his book) of the pushback from Scott Cook asking Jubes why he was all over William's case, why wasn't he just supervising, why he was helping with interviewing. And how when Jubes retired, the NSW Police refused to give him a certificate of service - even though he had reached the position of Detective Inspector with an unblemished record.

So, I read the quote, not sure if it's genuine. Seems very strange that someone's flippant remark to a journalist would be repeated without being checked for accuracy. It appears the person is no longer on WS, so I can't find out anything more. Anyhow, I guess I'll just have to disregard it as being of any importance.

It is true Tinker. And I agree, it is strange that a flippant remark would not be checked by a journalist for accuracy :rolleyes:

So, I read the quote, not sure if it's genuine. Seems very strange that someone's flippant remark to a journalist would be repeated without being checked for accuracy. It appears the person is no longer on WS, so I can't find out anything more. Anyhow, I guess I'll just have to disregard it as being of any importance.

Yes, I don't think it is important.

If you read many of the posts by the member, you will see they had info about various cases. They didn't appear to be untruthful.

Eg:
Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #54

Last edited:
I thought this point raised by Jubelin, in the other Daily Telegraph article today, regarding a "Strikeforce" was interesting......

Paraphrasing as "Subscriber"

Jubelin said that sometimes, a “strike force” investigating a homicide, may be one or two detectives. who were also working on numerous other cases.

Jubelin said “I would joke with bosses you call it a strike force. Why don’t you just call it a strike? Because there’s nothing, there’s one person, or it’s a strike pair."

Jubelin also stated that "It’s not a strike force, but it’s very easy to sell to the public: we’ve got the strike force working on this, and that sounds heavy. It sounds official, but I think the victims certainly deserve to know, well, what does that entail?”

“It’s obvious how much was missed in those first hours and days when the local cops treated it as a missing-persons case and before Homicide was called in,” he writes.

“Neighbours’ houses were not properly searched, cars came and left the street where William disappeared without being checked, and no crime scene was established.”

Thanks Doc for all that paraphrasing......

Jubes acknowledging that there were many errors made by Police in the early stages..... ( I totally understand that these errors were not intentional, nor blaming anyone ..... Country Police officers were doing the best they could in the given situation, but were probably out of their depth with an abduction theory..... and I'm sure in Police Peer Review they would also acknowledge that ...... Police Hierarchy, may not, however, be pleased this is in MSM....

Now Jubes has said this, and it is in MSM, things possibly missed can be discussed ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member