Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

Fraley also testified that Boswell has made “inculpatory statements” during interviews with investigators since her daughter went missing, WJHL-TV reported. Inculpatory statements are legally described as implying or placing guilt.

Boswell's attorney Brad Sproles declined an interview with the television station.

Megan Boswell made 'inculpatory statements' says investigator

Count 17: False Report – “…the said false statement concerning the death of her infant child and the Defendant’s claim that her child’s death resulted from either her or Hunter Wood rolling over onto the child while sleeping and that the Defendant did not know the location of the child’s body, contrary to Tennessee Code…”

A CLOSER LOOK: Megan Boswell faces 19 charges, including 2 counts felony murder | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Fraley also testified that Boswell has made “inculpatory statements” during interviews with investigators since her daughter went missing, WJHL-TV reported. Inculpatory statements are legally described as implying or placing guilt.

Boswell's attorney Brad Sproles declined an interview with the television station.

Megan Boswell made 'inculpatory statements' says investigator

Count 17: False Report – “…the said false statement concerning the death of her infant child and the Defendant’s claim that her child’s death resulted from either her or Hunter Wood rolling over onto the child while sleeping and that the Defendant did not know the location of the child’s body, contrary to Tennessee Code…”

A CLOSER LOOK: Megan Boswell faces 19 charges, including 2 counts felony murder | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
There's a link in this article that goes to a Scribd doc that is in larger print and easier for an old fogey like me to read:
Megan Boswell, mother of baby Evelyn, charged with murder of her daughter
Direct link:
https://www.scribd.com/document/473090333/Megan-Boswell-Presentment#from_embed

I sure would like to know more about the "rolling over on" story.

Anyway, talk about a liar:
Counts 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11
Evelyn was with her father. Arguments over custody arrangements. Gave Evelyn to father because she couldn't "handle" her any more.

Counts 12, 13, 14 & 15
Grandmother Angela has Evelyn. Angela refuses to tell MB where she is. Didn't call police out of fear Angela would harm Evelyn. Angela takes Evelyn because MB owes her money, tells MB she wouldn't be returned until money is paid.

Count 16
Angela gave Evelyn to someone, claiming she would then have a better life.

Count 17
Evelyn died as a result of either MB or father rolling over on her.

And all these stories ended with MB not knowing where Evelyn (or her body) was.

IMO MB may look like a sweet young mom but underneath that exterior is an empty husk. No empathy, no care for anything other than weaseling her way out of trouble. In many pictures of her she has a tiny half smile that infuriates me. Did she enjoy the attention of her interviews with reporters?

I have no more sympathy for her than I do for CA. IMO she's a defective individual. Rant over. :mad:

There's a link in this article that goes to a Scribd doc that is in larger print and easier for an old fogey like me to read:
Megan Boswell, mother of baby Evelyn, charged with murder of her daughter
Direct link:
https://www.scribd.com/document/473090333/Megan-Boswell-Presentment#from_embed

I sure would like to know more about the "rolling over on" story.

Anyway, talk about a liar:
Counts 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11
Evelyn was with her father. Arguments over custody arrangements. Gave Evelyn to father because she couldn't "handle" her any more.

Counts 12, 13, 14 & 15
Grandmother Angela has Evelyn. Angela refuses to tell MB where she is. Didn't call police out of fear Angela would harm Evelyn. Angela takes Evelyn because MB owes her money, tells MB she wouldn't be returned until money is paid.

Count 16
Angela gave Evelyn to someone, claiming she would then have a better life.

Count 17
Evelyn died as a result of either MB or father rolling over on her.

And all these stories ended with MB not knowing where Evelyn (or her body) was.

IMO MB may look like a sweet young mom but underneath that exterior is an empty husk. No empathy, no care for anything other than weaseling her way out of trouble. In many pictures of her she has a tiny half smile that infuriates me. Did she enjoy the attention of her interviews with reporters?

I have no more sympathy for her than I do for CA. IMO she's a defective individual. Rant over. :mad:

MB is a very dangerous woman. She is pathological evil, wearing the mask of a child.

She tried to incriminate anybody that ever cared for her and supporter her including her mom and dad.

She manipulated even her estranged parents against each other to another level. I fell for the entire facade -- hook, line, and sinker, and now I'm afraid of MB. :eek:

Did MB have any previous "situations" with the law? I'm starting to get the feeling that she's the typical person that manages to get out of trouble every single time, just by the intense blaming of Evelyn's father and then her own mother. I still don't understand how she thought she could get away with placing the blame on the baby's father.

Disagree. A case is rarely settled on the arraignment date so it would be very stupid of her to plead guilty at arraignment.
She has 3 options; not guilty, no contest, guilty. In the event it's no contest, a not guilty plea will be submitted. Strategy. I want to see what choice she makes, and I do believe that choice will tell us a lot.

She has 3 options; not guilty, no contest, guilty. In the event it's no contest, a not guilty plea will be submitted. Strategy. I want to see what choice she makes, and I do believe that choice will tell us a lot.

She's going to plead not guilty. No one pleads guilty to a life sentence before their lawyer gets to look at the evidence and try to negotiate a deal with the state.

I am so relieved to see MB finally charged! With delay after delay with the grand jury I was so worried that there was some evidentiary issue that was holding up an indictment. WHEW.

Felony murder is what you're charged with when someone dies during the commission of a felony. There's a variety of it in every state. The idea behind it is you chose to commit a felony so you are responsible for the results of your bad action. The getaway driver can be charged with felony murder if a bank robbery goes wrong and one bank robber shoots and kills someone in the bank.

Here they are reporting the felonies were aggravated child abuse and aggravated child neglect. That means poor EB died while her mother was abusing or neglecting her. The autopsy may give physical evidence to prove abuse and murder without having to get into intent.

I'm just glad MB is getting what's coming her. I hope they release more documents soon.

I am so relieved to see MB finally charged! With delay after delay with the grand jury I was so worried that there was some evidentiary issue that was holding up an indictment. WHEW.

Felony murder is what you're charged with when someone dies during the commission of a felony. There's a variety of it in every state. The idea behind it is you chose to commit a felony so you are responsible for the results of your bad action. The getaway driver can be charged with felony murder if a bank robbery goes wrong and one bank robber shoots and kills someone in the bank.

Here they are reporting the felonies were aggravated child abuse and aggravated child neglect. That means poor EB died while her mother was abusing or neglecting her. The autopsy may give physical evidence to prove abuse and murder without having to get into intent.

I'm just glad MB is getting what's coming her. I hope they release more documents soon.
I have been waiting to see your response and I am curious about that broken arm statement MB gave during the interviews during the search and how that may tie in with the autopsy report.
I hope we hear MBs attorney has her take a plea. I think a trial would make MB happy and get her attention like her interviews did during the amber alert and search.
Evelyn deserved so much more. May MB get all she deserves the rest of her days.

Poor little baby. I think her last weeks were just hell on earth and it breaks my heart. I do think she had a broken arm... or, at the very least... her arm was dislocated. Either could happen easily if an adult yanked on her arm in anger because she wasn't doing "what she was supposed to do... what she had been told to do" during a flare up of temper on her caregiver's part.

If she had an injury like that, her mother might decide the baby needed to be kept out of sight from everyone else... at least until she could "figure out what to do." But, of course, there's only one thing to do and that's take the baby to the ER but I think that's something MB wasn't willing to do. That would ruin everything. So, instead, she kept the baby confined somewhere out of sight. That would allow MB to continue her relationship with her new boyfriend and also keep her family in the dark.

Was Evelyn kept back at the trailer... confined to one room... and kept groggy or deeply asleep by her being medicated? Medication would be handy to have if the baby kept crying due to a severely injured arm and might keep her asleep during the entire "boyfriend time."

MB runs back to check on the baby as often as she can in he beginning. She tries to get the baby to eat something and changes her diaper... gives some more medication and leaves again as soon as the baby falls back to sleep. (or as soon as she agreed to return according to boyfriend's schedule) But, this can't go on... And that scenario wouldn't go on for very long before the baby would just pass away. She would be hardly eating anything at all, imo, due to the medication, pain, fear and she might have vomited and become dehydrated and weak fairly quickly. Even if she does sleep through the night, nobody comes right away when she cries in the morning. Sooner, more likely than later, MB comes home and the baby has died... what a shock. <sarc>

Time to change the scenery for Act Two. Gather up all the baby's toys, clothing... oh! ...and, of course the baby, too! Mustn't forget the baby. Stuff everything into a large plastic box and hide it in your (father's?) outbuilding storage area and just..... drive away. It's like a bad play. That's all I can compare this to. A Play of some sort... so far from the normal person's sense of reality that it's more like fiction.

Act Two begins when the curtain is raised on the new boyfriend's apartment with MB living there. The last place where mother and baby lived is gone... and MB goes on with life as though nothing has happened and nobody is really missing. Nobody's dead... the baby's just with her father now and she's a very good baby and isn't mean at all.
Shades of CA.

This is all speculation but this is what I think happened. I look forward to the day when Evelyn has her day in court. She won't be forgotten and she'll have justice but it's bittersweet because she's gone forever and I don't think she would be if the injury, which I believe she suffered (speculation) had been taken care of properly as a good person would do for any injured cat or dog.

Possibly first and second degree murder?

I found this on google.. Multiple counts of first degree murder can be charged based on alternative theories of murder. There is intentional murder, murder through actions that one knows will highly result in death, felony murder where victim dies during defendant's commission of a felony crime, and a few other variations on those themes. The facts dictate which murder counts to charge and how many. The number of counts is not limited to the number of victims.

IANAL either, but I believe this gives them a backup charge in case the more serious one doesn’t float.

Sorry to admit, but I haven't followed along with sweet Evelyn since she was found. However, I am so relived to read that MB has been officialy charged in her death. And yes I was one who didn't think she had anything to do with it in the beginning and most likely had help if she did do it.Boy was I wrong. It kind of sounds to me like MB abused Evelyn to the point that she got an injury that if she received medical care for, she might of survived. She didn't get the care and she passed. That is just IMO and am probably very wrong.

Sorry to admit, but I haven't followed along with sweet Evelyn since she was found. However, I am so relived to read that MB has been officialy charged in her death. And yes I was one who didn't think she had anything to do with it in the beginning and most likely had help if she did do it.Boy was I wrong. It kind of sounds to me like MB abused Evelyn to the point that she got an injury that if she received medical care for, she might of survived. She didn't get the care and she passed. That is just IMO and am probably very wrong.

My comment was also strictly speculation. That Evelyn actually had an injury is based on MB and what she told her boyfriend... but MB is a known and proven liar. But, I agree with you. Imo, MB brought up the subject of a broken arm and I believe there has to be a reason for that.

I’m just glad that MB was incredibly stupid about a “burial” spot (hard to say dumping ground) for EB. No one seems to have known, or cared, that the baby was missing, so she had time to find a remote spot that might never have been found.

I do wonder about MB’s reasoning when she chose that spot. Did she hope to implicate someone else or did she truly believe the baby would never be discovered? She is so accustomed to spinning lies about every aspect of her life that perhaps she thought she could do the same thing here.

JMO

I’m just glad that MB was incredibly stupid about a “burial” spot (hard to say dumping ground) for EB. No one seems to have known, or cared, that the baby was missing, so she had time to find a remote spot that might never have been found.

I do wonder about MB’s reasoning when she chose that spot. Did she hope to implicate someone else or did she truly believe the baby would never be discovered? She is so accustomed to spinning lies about every aspect of her life that perhaps she thought she could do the same thing here.

JMO
IMO.....I believe that since fanily knew she was moving and storing things that it would just work out fast and she wasn't smart enough to think ahead. Thank goodness for that and Evelyn was found....

I have been waiting to see your response and I am curious about that broken arm statement MB gave during the interviews during the search and how that may tie in with the autopsy report.
I hope we hear MBs attorney has her take a plea. I think a trial would make MB happy and get her attention like her interviews did during the amber alert and search.
Evelyn deserved so much more. May MB get all she deserves the rest of her days.

I have been busy but I saw one quote where her attorney said "no comment" when asked if he thought this was coming. He definitely doesn't strike me as one of these publicity-seeking attorneys. I like him from what I have seen.

Realistically it will take months for the state to provide all of the evidence and give her attorney a chance to review it all and advise her properly. Even if your client made incriminating statements to you or you really think they committed the crimes they are charged with, it is your DUTY to review all of the evidence and give your client the best advice you can based on that evidence. If you rush and miss something, the defendant can later appeal and claim "ineffective assistance of counsel" - basically, my lawyer stunk. So it is important for defense lawyers to really dig in and understand the evidence before advising their client on how to proceed.

So I have been reading the laws and I think they have charged her 2 times with the murder so they can get one guilty plea and at least leave her in jail for 25 plus with a plea.... that's my opinion. I am so hoping for a life sentence as I don't see the death penalty happening here.

I have been busy but I saw one quote where her attorney said "no comment" when asked if he thought this was coming. He definitely doesn't strike me as one of these publicity-seeking attorneys. I like him from what I have seen.

Realistically it will take months for the state to provide all of the evidence and give her attorney a chance to review it all and advise her properly. Even if your client made incriminating statements to you or you really think they committed the crimes they are charged with, it is your DUTY to review all of the evidence and give your client the best advice you can based on that evidence. If you rush and miss something, the defendant can later appeal and claim "ineffective assistance of counsel" - basically, my lawyer stunk. So it is important for defense lawyers to really dig in and understand the evidence before advising their client on how to proceed.
I like what you said. Maybe he will keep this from becoming the circus that the CA case was!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back