Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

Poor little baby. I think her last weeks were just hell on earth and it breaks my heart. I do think she had a broken arm... or, at the very least... her arm was dislocated. Either could happen easily if an adult yanked on her arm in anger because she wasn't doing "what she was supposed to do... what she had been told to do" during a flare up of temper on her caregiver's part.

If she had an injury like that, her mother might decide the baby needed to be kept out of sight from everyone else... at least until she could "figure out what to do." But, of course, there's only one thing to do and that's take the baby to the ER but I think that's something MB wasn't willing to do. That would ruin everything. So, instead, she kept the baby confined somewhere out of sight. That would allow MB to continue her relationship with her new boyfriend and also keep her family in the dark.

Was Evelyn kept back at the trailer... confined to one room... and kept groggy or deeply asleep by her being medicated? Medication would be handy to have if the baby kept crying due to a severely injured arm and might keep her asleep during the entire "boyfriend time."

MB runs back to check on the baby as often as she can in he beginning. She tries to get the baby to eat something and changes her diaper... gives some more medication and leaves again as soon as the baby falls back to sleep. (or as soon as she agreed to return according to boyfriend's schedule) But, this can't go on... And that scenario wouldn't go on for very long before the baby would just pass away. She would be hardly eating anything at all, imo, due to the medication, pain, fear and she might have vomited and become dehydrated and weak fairly quickly. Even if she does sleep through the night, nobody comes right away when she cries in the morning. Sooner, more likely than later, MB comes home and the baby has died... what a shock. <sarc>

Time to change the scenery for Act Two. Gather up all the baby's toys, clothing... oh! ...and, of course the baby, too! Mustn't forget the baby. Stuff everything into a large plastic box and hide it in your (father's?) outbuilding storage area and just..... drive away. It's like a bad play. That's all I can compare this to. A Play of some sort... so far from the normal person's sense of reality that it's more like fiction.

Act Two begins when the curtain is raised on the new boyfriend's apartment with MB living there. The last place where mother and baby lived is gone... and MB goes on with life as though nothing has happened and nobody is really missing. Nobody's dead... the baby's just with her father now and she's a very good baby and isn't mean at all.
Shades of CA.

This is all speculation but this is what I think happened. I look forward to the day when Evelyn has her day in court. She won't be forgotten and she'll have justice but it's bittersweet because she's gone forever and I don't think she would be if the injury, which I believe she suffered (speculation) had been taken care of properly as a good person would do for any injured cat or dog.

If I recall the background correctly, we learned that MB and the restaurant manager had been dating for a month or less, and they had not been dating for several months as first alleged.

I've been so heartsick over this baby girl because there are so many photos prior to her demise of what appeared to be a happy, healthy, dressed, clean and groomed little girl. Well fed too. I don't know the home or environment those photos were taken but did not appear to be the trailer. I'm remembering MB's elderly grandmother in some of the same photos.

I think we will learn this another case of a young girl that wanted the new boyfriend of a few weeks more than she wanted her little Evelyn.

MOO

If I recall the background correctly, we learned that MB and the restaurant manager had been dating for a month or less, and they had not been dating for several months as first alleged.

I've been so heartsick over this baby girl because there are so many photos prior to her demise of what appeared to be a happy, healthy, dressed, clean and groomed little girl. Well fed too. I don't know the home or environment those photos were taken but did not appear to be the trailer. I'm remembering MB's elderly grandmother in some of the same photos.

I think we will learn this another case of a young girl that wanted the new boyfriend of a few weeks more than she wanted her little Evelyn.

MOO
I wish more education and information about options about adoption and therapy for these young single mothers and fathers as well were given during and after pregnancy to help prevent this kind of tragedy. I know I've mentioned this before but knowledge is important and can save lives.
♡♡♡EVELYN♡♡♡

I wish more education and information about options about adoption and therapy for these young single mothers and fathers as well were given during and after pregnancy to help prevent this kind of tragedy. I know I've mentioned this before but knowledge is important and can save lives.
♡♡♡EVELYN♡♡♡
I would like it to be given before pregnancy. It is out there. Why do these young people miss out on the information and the preventatives? Where are their parents? They have a duty to educate their children in this.

MOO
I feel the same way. I believe until she was charged that she wasn't the one who killed Evelyn or it was just a freak accident. This baby looked SO happy, she appeared clean, nice clothes, cute hairstyles, pictures of her out and about. I would like to know what happened.

♡♡♡EVELYN♡♡♡
That's just it -- early in the investigation when she EB was believed missing, so many here said she had many options and offers from family to adopt the child as it was part of Roma/Traveler culture. MB fooled me. I did not want to believe she could hurt this child.

So many of these cases, the pictures of the children tell the story. You can see they are not happy babies. Evelyn always looked well cared for and loved. I think something went very wrong, very fast, for MB to do this.

MOO

So many of these cases, the pictures of the children tell the story. You can see they are not happy babies. Evelyn always looked well cared for and loved. I think something went very wrong, very fast, for MB to do this.

MOO
I agree. Could this be a case of a mom getting a new boyfriend that wasn't really interested in having a baby around, and she felt like Evelyn "had to go" so she could be with this guy? And I'm not saying he is at fault here, not at all.

I would like it to be given before pregnancy. It is out there. Why do these young people miss out on the information and the preventatives? Where are their parents? They have a duty to educate their children in this.
Yes that's true and I agree.
I see abuse and miseducation as a generational thing so much and I see that in this particular case.
I think that if MB had more education about parenting and her options afterward including classes and groups with other young mothers and counselors that maybe it could have helped.

I feel the same way. I believe until she was charged that she wasn't the one who killed Evelyn or it was just a freak accident. This baby looked SO happy, she appeared clean, nice clothes, cute hairstyles, pictures of her out and about. I would like to know what happened.

It really could have still been "accidental" in that MB did not mean to kill Evelyn, but she lost her temper and hit or pushed her too hard. She could have found drugs that MB left and died. If the initial act would be considered child abuse or neglect, it's felony murder when she dies. Until we know more we can hope at least that Evelyn had a nice life and was loved up until a very bad night with her evil mother.

I'm sorry. I cannot agree with those of you who think things were just fine until this awful night. MB showed herself to be an evil, narcissistic liar, who can lie without blinking, when she could try to throw her mother, her father, and Evelyn's father under the bus. That kind of evil doesn't pop up suddenly.

♡♡♡EVELYN♡♡♡
IMO I don't believe any amount of access or even knowledge of adoption or therapy would have affected MB. I don't believe she gave a rat's *advertiser censored* about the impact her behavior would have on her baby. I don't believe she ever would have considered adoption.

I don't believe MB ever thought about anything other than herself. MOO.

IMO I don't believe any amount of access or even knowledge of adoption or therapy would have affected MB. I don't believe she gave a rat's *advertiser censored* about the impact her behavior would have on her baby. I don't believe she ever would have considered adoption.

I don't believe MB ever thought about anything other than herself. MOO.
I started to post this, and didn't. I think MB is too self-centered to attend a class.

MOO

Caylee Anthony always looked healthy, clean and well cared for in pictures and I think she was right up until the end.

It really could have still been "accidental" in that MB did not mean to kill Evelyn, but she lost her temper and hit or pushed her too hard. She could have found drugs that MB left and died. If the initial act would be considered child abuse or neglect, it's felony murder when she dies. Until we know more we can hope at least that Evelyn had a nice life and was loved up until a very bad night with her evil mother.
Thanks @Alethea for this post as I can handle all of the above much better than the way I interpreted the charges.

I'm sorry. I cannot agree with those of you who think things were just fine until this awful night. MB showed herself to be an evil, narcissistic liar, who can lie without blinking, when she could try to throw her mother, her father, and Evelyn's father under the bus. That kind of evil doesn't pop up suddenly.

I agree. IMO something in MB’s character allowed her to do this and we don’t know how that baby was treated behind closed doors. She may have been dressed well and healthy looking for the cameras but we have no idea how she was truly treated.

Sadly, these little babies die every day at the hands of their mothers, often (not always of course) young mothers who still act out like the children they are. And many of the deaths are met with shock that it could happen.

I always had a feeling they were doing drugs and she got a hold of some they left lying around and overdosed. She freaked out as well as her boyfriend and hid her not knowing what to do. It’s very tragic but I hope this is what happened and she wasn’t beat to death.

I think it was a fit of rage that turned fatal. From the start when boyfriend mentioned that he was told Evelyn had a broken arm, I think there is truth in that. Mum had so many stories at the start! There is usually some truth mixed in with the lies.
IMO

Friday, August 28th:
*Announcement/Arraignment Hearing (via video) (@ 9am ET) - TN – Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos. DOB 11/21/18) (last seen Dec. 26, 2019, Blountville, Sullivan County, reported missing Feb. 18, 2020 by State of Tenn. Dept. Child Services; Evelyn’s remains were found on Mar. 6, 2020 at a family member’s property at the 500 block of Muddy Creek Road in Sullivan County; officially id’d 3/11/20). *Megan “Maggie” Boswell (18/now 19) aka Maggie Wood aka Megan Nicole Kys “mother” arrested & charged (2/25/20) with 1 count of false reporting. Bond set at $25K. Bond increased (3/9/20) to $150K.
Indicted (5/18/20) & charged (5/28/20) with 11 counts of false reporting. Plead not guilty. Bond stays set at $150K.
Charged & indicted (8/19/20) with 2 counts of felony murder, 1 count of aggravated child abuse, 1 count of aggravated child neglect, 1 count of tampering with evidence, 12 counts of false report, 1 count of abuse of a corpse, & 1 count of failure to report a death suspicious, unusual, or unnatural circumstances. $1M bond.
Court info from 2/20/20 thru 5/20/20 reference post #92 here:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

5/28/20 Update: Waives reading of charges & plead not guilty. Motion to reduce bond-dismissed. Bond remains the same. Defense motion for discovery-granted. Next hearing on 7/31/20. Defense attorney Sproles said he may have additional motions to file after reviewing the State's evidence.
7/31/20 Update: Sullivan County District Attorney General Barry Staubus did not directly address the issue of Megan Boswell's bond in the false report case at Friday's hearing. He signaled, though, that the investigation into her daughter's death that they wished to bring for grand jury consideration. Grand jury meets 8/19/20. Without complaint from Defense attorney Brad Sproles, Judge James Goodwin left Boswell's bond intact & postponed her hearing in the false report case until Aug. 28 at 9am.
8/19/20 Update: DA Barry Staubus: Grand Jury presented true bill (indicted) for MB for 19 counts. M. Boswell charged with 2 counts of felony murder. Other charges include: 1 count of aggravated child abuse, 1 count of aggravated child neglect, 1 count of tampering with evidence, 12 counts of false report, 1 count of abuse of a corpse, & 1 count of failure to report a death suspicious circumstances. Sheriff says other individuals were eliminated, leaving MB as sole suspect. Next hearing is August 28, bond is $1 million. Judge has sealed Evelyn’s autopsy report.
Document on Charges:
https://www.scribd.com/document/473090333/Megan-Boswell-Presentment#from_embed

Associated cases:
*Angela Mae Boswell (42) – Possession of stolen vehicle & violation of probation. Probation: hearing on 10/1/20. Stolen car: hearing on 9/24/20 & bound over to Grand Jury. Walmart theft: hearing on 9/24. Bound over. Theft: Goes to Grand Jury on 10/1/20.
*William Boyden Bryant McCloud (33) – Child abuse, violation of protective order: announcement hearing on 9/24/20. Shoplifting charge: hearing on 9/11/20. Possession of stolen vehicle: hearing on 9/11/20.
*Larry Chad Fields (37) – Aggravated burglary & theft: hearing on 10/19/20.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back