Found Deceased TX - Maliyah 'Tootie' Bass, 2, Houston, 22 Aug 2020 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched videos of boyfriend several times. He speaks of the child numerous times in the past tense. She was smart. She was growing up to be something. Not once does he utter the child's name. Lots of theatrics and sobbing, but no actual tears.

I'm on high alert over here. jmo
It also irritated me that the first thing he talked about was HPD not doing a good job. His mother did the same. Then the next thing he ranted about was being bashed on social media. Maybe it's generational or cultural but sm wouldn't even be on my radar.

Of course none of this suggests guilt of any kind. Unfortunately the news today often consists of sound bites, not in-depth interviews and it doesn't take much to jump to conclusions. MOO.

It also irritated me that the first thing he talked about was HPD not doing a good job. His mother did the same. Then the next thing he ranted about was being bashed on social media. Maybe it's generational or cultural but sm wouldn't even be on my radar.

Of course none of this suggests guilt of any kind. Unfortunately the news today often consists of sound bites, not in-depth interviews and it doesn't take much to jump to conclusions. MOO.
Yeah it’s kind of bothered me that he and his mother were criticizing LE response right off the bat. Almost like deflecting—steering attention toward LE. But it could also just be frantic worry & frustration & nothing would have been fast enough. But in this case LE seemed to be so on it that it doesn’t make much sense. I don’t know but it’s bothering me.

"My girl put her in the park." Not, they went to the park. Not, my girl took her to the park.

My girl put her in the park.

Bf also talks about the landlady being involved in sex crimes and being let out the next day. Okay. Yet you leave a 2 year old unattended after your girl "put" her in the park???

I haven't found any info on when this child was last seen by neighbors or friends. Has anyone else?

"My girl put her in the park." Not, they went to the park. Not, my girl took her to the park.

Bf also talks about the landlady being involved in sex crimes and being let out the next day. Okay. Yet you leave a 2 year old unattended after your girl "put" her in the park???

I haven't found any info on when this child was last seen by neighbors or friends. Has anyone else?
No nothing from anyone else that I have seen.

Does it seem to anyone else that the story is changing, or is it just me?
It could just be a case of the mom's boyfriend not being great at communicating, but I did not like that interview one bit. Very odd. I hope I'm wrong, though. The living arrangements seem to be somewhat recent too.

Put her in the park. She was upset that he broke her toy chest. What happened that morning?

It could just be a case of the mom's boyfriend not being great at communicating, but I did not like that interview one bit. Very odd. I hope I'm wrong, though. The living arrangements seem to be somewhat recent too.

This Houston Chronicle article mentions that he has been dating Maliyah's mom for 4 months.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BhAB&usg=AOvVaw0tUpQ4uYJl76S30X8Fs9Wi&ampcf=1

It seems dependent upon who is telling the story and when. I think the TV interview with the mom was before they found her body? And his TV interview was after the body was found? I may be confused but it looks like each of them has only spoken with the media one time each. Can anyone clear this up?

Also, I thought it was odd that the BF said that he was teaching (or had taught) the 2 year old how to find her way home. It's been a long time since I've been around 2 year olds, but it seems as though that's a complex skill to learn at that age. I can see colors, numbers, ABC's. I remember helping my kids learn our house number and street name when they were 4-5. That part of Beechnut has several apartment complexes on each side of the street. I don't think I could find the right apartment, there are many in the complexes.

Again, I thought "find her way home" comment was very odd. But so were several of his other comments.

Dating for 4 months. Quite impressed to have taught Maliyah all those things.
Guessing he doesn’t live with them?

yeah i wonder if he lives up the street with his momma and stays over on weekends or something ? People in the uk do such things to stay off the council tax and bills - live in but not live in with mail elsewhere
Helps the householder claim etc
Unsure how things work in the US
MOO ETC ETC pondering etc

My take on this..... all speculation of course.... its all on the boyfriend, and Mom is helping to cover it up. I dont know if i really even believe that she was at the park. I think what happened with the toy box escalated, and they had an oh moment. Thats how she ended up in the water.

Jmho

Maliyah Bass: Police brace for murder investigation, tell family to ‘prepare for the worst’ after tot’s body found in bayou
snipped
by Leigh Egan
August 24, 2020

Although authorities have not officially identified a toddler found deceased on Sunday as Maliyah Bass, they’re telling the child’s parents to prepare for the worst.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, a jogger found the body of a child floating in Brays Bayou, off of the 5200 block of Carrolton Street in SW Houston, and police say they believe it is that of missing 2-year-old Maliyah “Tootie” Bass.

Maliyah was last seen playing in the playground of the Sunset Crossing apartments in southwest Houston.

The toddler’s mother, Sahara Ervin, told Fox 7 that she had been watching from a nearby window as Maliyah played at the apartment complex playground on Saturday. Ervin said she turned away momentarily and when she looked back, her daughter was gone.

The body was found around 11am yesterday. It’s now 3pm, 28 hours later and the body has still not been formally identified? Seems odd to me, especially if the clothing matched and no other similar missing children reported in the area, per PC.

IF and it’s a huge IF, she was really only missing for 24 hours, would the condition of the body make it that difficult to id? Unless there was more physical harm done than we know about. I find it interesting that the jogger called her husband first to see if he agreed it was a body before they called police. I guess it wasn’t as obvious that it was a body as we are thinking.

Have we heard anything from bio dad or his family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes