GUILTY AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, found deceased, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST* #2

So what's with that window tint ticket he got recently? Are they tough on that around there. In my experience the only people getting tint tickets are people also getting in trouble for something else.

Possible he was stalking, got reported, and only thing they could stick him with was a tint ticket?

Could also be totally random, just know that tint tickets are rare. He had to have been up to something. If stalking I bet he had another vehicle as everyone knows everyones vehicle in small towns.

They usually don’t pull you over for tint, but if you’re being pulled over for speeding or another minor offense they will definitely ticket you for your tint if it’s too dark.

So what's with that window tint ticket he got recently? Are they tough on that around there. In my experience the only people getting tint tickets are people also getting in trouble for something else.

Possible he was stalking, got reported, and only thing they could stick him with was a tint ticket?

Could also be totally random, just know that tint tickets are rare. He had to have been up to something. If stalking I bet he had another vehicle as everyone knows everyones vehicle in small towns.

They usually don’t pull you over for tint, but if you’re being pulled over for speeding or another minor offense they will definitely ticket you for your tint if it’s too dark.

Right, but usually a warning. Unless you are being a douche to cop. Which could be the case but I see no other traffic citation just tint...

I read in another group a post was made that stated LE knew QL saw SS while walking and turned around to abduct her from reviewing local surveillance and that they had read it in the arrest affidavit. This sounds bogus to me unless QL had a dash cam of some sort, I would think any other surveillance would have been checked immediately upon her disappearance. Is the affidavit online somewhere or been released?
^^bbm

I don't believe you will find the arrest affidavit because QL not been formally charged. I think the docs are preliminary since the ME hasn't even announced SS cause of death. Monday was the probable cause hearing that served to hold him over in jail. Probably have to wait on the affidavit until the arraignment, scheduled for Oct 1. If you find the AA, please post it! Thanks. MOO

I kept looking for any sign of the AA and found this statement by the Third Judicial District Prosecuting Attorney Henry Boyce:

Boyce said an affidavit and formal charges have not been filed against Lewellyn in this case, so details into allegations against him were unavailable Monday.

I trust arrest documents will be available by the Oct 1, arraignment.

Murder suspect held without bond

Tint tickets are very common here in Northeast Arkansas.

Ah OK. Well I'm a white dude who's been pulled over in central Arkansas a couple times at least and never been issue though I was legally too dark. Just odd to me to not have a speeding citation or other alongside it

They straight up pull you over just on tint? Remind me never to go to NE AR.

I kept looking for any sign of the AA and found this statement by the Third Judicial District Prosecuting Attorney Henry Boyce:

Boyce said an affidavit and formal charges have not been filed against Lewellyn in this case, so details into allegations against him were unavailable Monday.

I trust arrest documents will be available by the Oct 1, arraignment.

Murder suspect held without bond

It stood out to me that prosecuting attorney went out of his way to announce how he can arrest someone without formal charge. It seemed like an unprovoked admission.

Makes me think something is up. Could just be trying to be careful and wait for autopsy. However they can always add more charges as the case proceeds.

Tampering with a corpse or suspicion would have been enough for initial arrest. Even if he confessed they could have just booked him on that.

Anyway, that stood out to me from the prosecutor.

I think they had some sort of digital evidence. His cell pinging in that location, or her watch pinging on his property and they questioned him. He completely fell apart and confessed. This is not a seasoned criminal or serial killer. Imo, moo, and all that.

I think they had some sort of digital evidence. His cell pinging in that location, or her watch pinging on his property and they questioned him. He completely fell apart and confessed. This is not a seasoned criminal or serial killer. Imo, moo, and all that.

Well it was his property wasnt it? One of the reports mentioned her phone pinged but not the apple watch. This was during their search.

He was smart enough to ditch her phone but could have been in such a rush that he didn't consider the watch until they went a few miles and before it had a chance to ping he noticed it and turned it off.

LE could have also been lying about the watch not pinging. Very possible they were surveiling him almost from start. I wonder if he actually showed up to search or just joined the FB group to stay informed...

Arkansas farmer admits raping, killing jogger who vanished as she ran near her home

Aug 25, 2020

People magazine reported that Lewellyn was listed as a member of a Facebook group created in efforts to find the missing woman.

Lucas said Friday that he was not aware of any efforts by Lewellyn to join the volunteers searching for Sutherland before her body was found.

Hundreds of volunteers turned out over the two days that Sutherland was missing, according to Jackson County Emergency Management officials.

Lewellyn was in court Monday for an initial appearance. ABC7 reported that Mike McNeill, a special agent with the Arkansas State Police, testified during Lewellyn’s hearing that the defendant admitted to seeing Sutherland as she jogged along County Road 41.

Lewellyn told investigators he turned his truck around and forced Sutherland into the vehicle, McNeill said. He then drove about 3 miles to a farm, where he raped Sutherland and killed her before burying her body.

[..[

Rumors swirled in the community as investigators searched for Sutherland, who, according to her Facebook page, worked as a registered nurse at Unity Health Harris Medical Center in Newport. One rumor posited that Sutherland had accidentally been struck by a vehicle as she ran and the driver panicked.

Lucas told reporters Friday there had been no evidence showing that was the case.

“It makes it tough sometimes,” Lucas said of the rumors. “When the rumors start hitting, our phones start ringing. It hinders us quite a bit. It don’t really hinder us, but it slows us down some.”

[..]

“It’s taken a toll, it really has. Just because I know the people of this county. I know this family personally. I know this young lady personally.

[..]

Following Lewellyn’s arrest on Friday, the sheriff said he knew the suspect’s family as well.

Prosecuting Attorney Henry Boyce said Monday that he, too, knows both families. He vowed to maintain his objectivity in the case.

“It’s hard to live your life in a community of this size and not know just about everybody,” Boyce told KAIT. “Although it may be impactful on the tragedy, it doesn’t affect my judgment.”

[..]

Lewellyn is an award-winning farmer who, along with his father and grandfather, was named Jackson County’s Farm Family of the Year in 2016. Lewellyn Farms is comprised of 5,800 acres in Jackson, Independence, Poinsett and Craighead counties, according to the Democrat Gazette.

Suspect arrested after police find body of missing Arkansas woman | wtsp.com

Aug 21, 2020

JACKSON COUNTY, ARKANSAS, Ark. — According to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, a body was found near where 25-year-old Sydney Sutherland was reported missing.

The sheriff said the body was found around 2 p.m. on Friday, August 21 just north of Sutherland's home.

On Saturday, the State Medical Examiner's Office confirmed the identity through DNA as Sydney Sutherland.

The sheriff also confirmed a man was taken into custody and booked on homicide charges. The suspect was later identified as 28-year-old Quake Lewellyn of Jonesboro.

Sheriff David Lucas also added there were 150 volunteers on the ground searching for Sutherland at one point.

Farmer who 'confessed' to murdering jogger won the county's Family of the Year in 2016 | Daily Mail Online

Aug 23, 2020
32264134-8656043-Sydney_was_last_seen_running_on_State_Hwy_18_near_her_home_at_ar-a-35_1598213430013.jpg

Police found Sutherland's body following a three-day search operation using K-9 units and helicopter crews. She was last seen running on State Hwy 18 between Newport and Grubbs around 3pm on Wednesday.

Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas confirmed a man has been arrested in connection to her death and is expected to be charged with homicide, Fox 16 had reported.

[..]

Details on where exactly Sutherland's body was found and how she was killed were not immediately released.

32264424-8654457-image-a-41_1598129624632.jpg

UPDATE: No person of interest as authorities continue search for missing Jackson County woman

Aug 20, 2020

As a team of volunteers and a multitude of law enforcement officials search for a Jackson County woman last seen Wednesday afternoon, Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas (pictured above, right) told area media that there is no person of interest in the case.

“We have no one in custody, and we do not have a person of interest at this point,” the sheriff said at a Thursday morning press conference.

Sydney Claire Sutherland (pictured above, left), 25, was last seen between 2:30 and 3 p.m. Wednesday, jogging in the area of Jackson County Road 41 and State Highway 18. Lucas said that information came from a UPS driver who told authorities early Thursday morning.

Sutherland’s residence is on Highway 18 between Newport and Grubbs. Sutherland is known to walk or jog a loop in that area — County Roads 41, 42, 43, and Highway 18.

Lucas said authorities are concentrating the search in that area because of information from the public and pings from her cellular account. The sheriff’s department has been in touch with Sutherland’s cellular carrier and Apple. He said Sutherland was carrying her iPhone and wearing her Apple Watch at the time. Her vehicle and other personal items were still at her home.

The sheriff also said Jonesboro police are following up on a visit to a gym in the city that Sutherland made earlier Wednesday. Officials are also seeking videos from surveillance cameras along the route from Jonesboro to her residence, Lucas noted.

“We’re working every aspect we can think of. From the social media side to the physical side,” the sheriff said. “We’re not ruling anything out.”

However, Lucas did rule out a rumor posted on social media regarding a truck with Texas tags with two males.

“That information did not come from law enforcement,” Lucas said. The sheriff said following rumors posted on social media takes authorities away from the main search.

Lucas said the search for Sutherland started late yesterday and concluded around 2 a.m. due to safety concerns. Officials resumed searching around 7:30 Thursday morning.

No bond after court finds probable cause to charge Lewellen with capital murder and more in Sutherland case

Aug 25, 2020

Quake Lewellen, the suspect connected to the death of Sydney Sutherland, has been ordered by Third Judicial District Judge Harold Erwin to be held without bond after Lewellen’s first court appearance at the Jackson County Courthouse.

At the Monday afternoon hearing, Third Judicial District Judge Harold Erwin’s court found probable cause to charge Lewellen (pictured, left), 28, with capital murder, kidnapping, and rape in connection to the Aug. 19 death of Sutherland (right), 25.

At the hearing, a special agent for the Arkansas State Police testified Lewellen admitted to seeing Sutherland walking on County Road 41 that day. Lewellen then apparently turned his truck around, abducted Sutherland, sexually assaulted her in the back of his truck, and then buried her body, according to the ASP agent

Lewellen’s next scheduled court appearance will be for an Oct. 1 arraignment.

To follow previous posts on the investigation into the death of Sydney Sutherland, click here.

Sydney Claire Sutherland Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information

SBM

Sydney loved to exercise, listen to books, and play with her dogs. Shopping was also one of her favorite past times. She especially enjoyed her family and cherished her time with them. Sydney loved being Sassy to her nieces.

The memory of Sydney’s beautiful smile, sparkling eyes, kind heart, and loving spirit will live on in the hearts of her loving family and her many friends.

Sydney Claire Sutherland Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information

SBM

Sydney loved to exercise, listen to books, and play with her dogs. Shopping was also one of her favorite past times. She especially enjoyed her family and cherished her time with them. Sydney loved being Sassy to her nieces.

The memory of Sydney’s beautiful smile, sparkling eyes, kind heart, and loving spirit will live on in the hearts of her loving family and her many friends.
Thank you for sharing this. It was a hard read due to her being taken away from her family and friends at such a young age. My thoughts are with all the family and friends of SS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back