Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are on an Apple device disable content blockers and the video should work

Found the issue is with COX.....they are doing whatever needs to be done to handle all the home school volume...Sigh....wish they had done this during the summer! Thanks I will file this Info away.

Maybe this had already been discussed but I was a bit confused with the pet cemetery and fire pit connection. Looking at the model, it's obvious TR's body was both burnt and buried in the pet cemetery and the fire pit is just a feature on the property for reference. TD, or any of their kids could have gone back there at some point and noticed disturbed earth without recent pet deaths. CD had to cover their butts and sent the infamous racoon text to TD. It might be trivial, but I wonder if AxC told him to do that since AxC was good at coming up with stories to cover up crimes (CV).
BBM. Chad's text to Tammy also mentioned burning limb debris that morning so there must have been evidence of the fire left behind. Would he be burning debris in the pet cemetery or the fire pit?

In tonight's episode on Crime Talk YouTube, (?Are we allowed to link that here @WS?) Scott notes that if separate, the costs for both will go up. If one goes to trial first, the second person's atty will have to go to that trial, get info and process etc.

CaChing CaChing as to money thrown. What is the saying, throwing good money after bad?
Yes, Crime Talk (Scott Reisch) is an approved source on WS.

If things stay as they are (no murder charges), Chad's trial is coming first. Would that be an advantage for him? Can he throw Lori under the bus without testifying? Can he successfully defend himself without accusing her?

Not that it matters to some men when sex is waved at them, but Tammy was far more attractive and feminine looking than the hard faced LV.
Just venting.
Yes, but plenty of men are just so susceptible to long blonde hair, I've noticed it time and time again, even in my sheltered life. (No, I'm not blonde!)

Latest links to each part of timeline for faster navigation:

Timeline Part I of XXI (Update 12) - List of Initials / Persons associated with the case
Timeline Part II of XXI (Update 12) - Beginning TO 24 Feb 2006 (wedding day of Charles Vallow and Lori Ryan)
Timeline Part III of XXI (Update 12) - 25 Feb 2006 (post CV & LV wedding day) TO end of 2017
Timeline Part IV of XXI (Update 12) - 2018
Timeline Part V of XXI (Update 13) - 1 January 2019 TO 28 February 2019
Timeline Part VI of XXI (Update 12) - 1 March 2019 TO 10 July 2019
Timeline Part VII of XXI (Update 12) - A Timeline of July 11th 2019, the day Charles Vallow was Shot to Death
Timeline Part VIII of XXI (Update 12) - 12 July 2019 TO 31 August 2019
Timeline Part IX of XXI (Update 12) - September 2019
Timeline Part X of XXI (Update 12) - October 2019
Timeline Part XI of XXI (Update 12) - 1st November 2019 TO 27th November 2019
Timeline Part XII of XXI (Update 12) - 28th November 2019 TO 31st December 2019
Timeline Part XIII of XXI (Update 12) - January 2020
Timeline Part XIV of XXI (Update 12) - 1 February 2020 TO 18 February 2020 (Probable Cause for arrest of LV)
Timeline Part XV of XXI (Update 12) - 19 February 2020 TO 29 February 2020
Timeline Part XVI of XXI (Update 12) - March 2020
Timeline Part XVII of XXI (Update 12) - April 2020
Timeline Part XVIII of XXI (Update 12) - May 2020
Timeline Part XIX of XXI (Update 12) - June 2020
Timeline Part XX of XXI (Update 12) - July 2020
Timeline Part XXI of XXI (Update 13) - August 2020 and beyond

BBM. Chad's text to Tammy also mentioned burning limb debris that morning so there must have been evidence of the fire left behind. Would he be burning debris in the pet cemetery or the fire pit?
That is a good question. My theory: Looking at the lay of the land and the fact that they found a partially melted bucket with unburnt remains buried fairly deep, it makes sense that that the burning took place in the cemetery. Yes, there would have to be fuel (accelerant, limbs, and/or debris) to burn with it but because there were unburnt remains, the fire wasn't hot enough or didn't burn long and deep enough to completely destroy everything.

Logistically thinking, I just cannot not see them burning in the fire pit and then going through the burden of digging out and moving burnt remains, including the partially burnt bucket, to the burial site. That would take more time and work and create two areas to cover up. Besides, if they/he found the bucket partially burnt and had to move it, I'm sure they/he would have made sure that part of the job was complete or done something else with it.

AxC could have been there to assist in the dismembering, initial digging, hauling in fuel/debris and perhaps even the burning. AxC's cell pings and the time he was there helps support this theory but it's also possible that CD could have done the initial digging and then the burning with or without assistance. CD could have used a rake to gather and finish burning any limbs or debris so that could be the reason charred bones were strewn around somewhat. Regardless, CD finished the job of moving the dirt back to conceal the fire, using the so-called raccoon as the excuse for disturbed dirt in the cemetery. I doubt he would have left burnt debris and limbs in sight on the cemetery surface since that would have looked unnatural for burying a raccoon. Any unburnt limbs left on the surface at the cemetery could have been picked up with a shovel and thrown in the burning pit and unnoticeable.

CD's attorney, Prior, said it would be extremely detrimental to CD's case if it were joined to LV's case, so does that mean CD intends to throw LV under the bus?

From where I sit, it sure sounds like it.
IMO his main defense will be trying to deny Chad's knowledge of the kids being buried in his backyard, suggesting that Tylee's body wasn't burned on his property and that she could have been buried days after the raccoon burial. Additionally, Prior is likely to claim that Chad believed Lori's story about her children being safe.

Defense will undoubtedly get more prosecution's evidence before the trial. There's a chance that the above claims will clash with the evidence.

Yes, to Chad, because he was supposed to come up with the bail money and find collateral.

Heck, didn't she wear the same baby blue sweater that she did the last time she was wearing street clothes? Guess no funds to purchase another top or Lori just really really likes the look on her with that baby blue sweater?

Yes, Crime Talk (Scott Reisch) is an approved source on WS. If things stay as they are (no murder charges), Chad's trial is coming first. Would that be an advantage for him? Can he throw Lori under the bus without testifying? Can he successfully defend himself without accusing her?

CD's attorney, Prior, said it would be extremely detrimental to CD's case if it were joined to LV's case, so does that mean CD intends to throw LV under the bus?

From where I sit, it sure sounds like it.

All MOO

1) I'm not so sure that I would agree that Chad's trial is going to come first. Yes, the trials have been scheduled, but I'm gonna bet an eating of my hat that the date is met. There will be many many many delays and IF IF IF separate trials (I'm not thinking the media excuse will fly at all to separate, I think needs more than that) his will even then skip over Lori's with the delay to after hers. I don't think there is any way this will actually go to trial in January. MOO

2) I'm scratching my head on which is advantageous, but since it appears that John "I have a" Prior is filing all these motions, I'm thinking that he will try to have Chad's after Lori's. But again, I do think that unless Prior can come up with something better than just the media exposure ( Google as of today has 1,550,000 hits on "Lori Vallow"; 1,170,000 hits on "Chad Daybell"; 306,000 on both) it won't fly.

3) A good defense lawyer can create scenarios and doubt and throw Lori easily under the bus without him testifying. Yet doesn't appear that he's doing that at this time, as the focus wasn't on separate defenses at the time and doing so, the focus was just on the media.

4) Don't know what their strategy is going to be without throwing Lori under the bus. All on Alex, neither knew (which after Alex dies, that goes out the window)... have no idea what the heck their strategy will be, other than throw MG/LE and others to discredit and/or impeach. As I have stated many times, MG is easily impeached from what we have seen and heard .. that's a fact. And almost ALL jury instructions I have ever read/heard... the instructions say the juror can throw out all testimony of an impeached witness (or partially... but they can throw out all to hang jury MOO)

Last edited:
That is a good question. My theory: Looking at the lay of the land and the fact that they found a partially melted bucket with unburnt remains buried fairly deep, it makes sense that that the burning took place in the cemetery. Yes, there would have to be fuel (accelerant, limbs, and/or debris) to burn with it but because there were unburnt remains, the fire wasn't hot enough or didn't burn long and deep enough to completely destroy everything.

Logistically thinking, I just cannot not see them burning in the fire pit and then going through the burden of digging out and moving burnt remains, including the partially burnt bucket, to the burial site. That would take more time and work and create two areas to cover up. Besides, if they/he found the bucket partially burnt and had to move it, I'm sure they/he would have made sure that part of the job was complete or done something else with it.

AxC could have been there to assist in the dismembering, initial digging, hauling in fuel/debris and perhaps even the burning. AxC's cell pings and the time he was there helps support this theory but it's also possible that CD could have done the initial digging and then the burning with or without assistance. CD could have used a rake to gather and finish burning any limbs or debris so that could be the reason charred bones were strewn around somewhat. Regardless, CD finished the job of moving the dirt back to conceal the fire, using the so-called raccoon as the excuse for disturbed dirt in the cemetery. I doubt he would have left burnt debris and limbs in sight on the cemetery surface since that would have looked unnatural for burying a raccoon. Any unburnt limbs left on the surface at the cemetery could have been picked up with a shovel and thrown in the burning pit and unnoticeable.
I think Alex was there for 2.5 hours, so he undoubtedly helped with the burning and digging/covering the grave. About 15 minutes after Alex's departure Chad texted Tammy about his eventful morning, meaning that they had finished by then.

There were earlier suggestions that the bucket could have been used to transfer the (still hot) remains from the fire pit to the grave. One of the LE witnesses testified that the skull was found under the bucket and another that it was next to the bucket.

According to Court TV, the judge assigned to Chad's case (the one that was filed first) would be the one deciding whether to join the two cases. Even if joined, the cases could still be severed later.

https://twitter.com/ChanleyCourtTV/status/1304248515925651457

Durn, I was just going back to find what I thought I posted before as to the differences between the two judges, and cannot find the post.

IIRC, one judge has climbed up the ladder with prosecutorial experience, the other judge is "green" and new.

I cannot find such post... but ?? was it Chad's judge that was new, or was it Lori's?

Heck, didn't she wear the same baby blue sweater that she did the last time she was wearing street clothes? Guess no funds to purchase another top or Lori just really really likes the look on her with that baby blue sweater?
I thought she was wearing a different top yesterday. The sweater had fitted sleeves and the top from yesterday looked more like a blouse. Do we know if she still has contact with her family (sister/parents/niece)?

Durn, I was just going back to find what I thought I posted before as to the differences between the two judges, and cannot find the post.

IIRC, one judge has climbed up the ladder with prosecutorial experience, the other judge is "green" and new.

I cannot find such post... but ?? was it Chad's judge that was new, or was it Lori's?
They said that procedure dictates which judge takes over. It depends on which case was filed first. Chad's judge is Steven Boyce. I think he has less experience in his current position than Lori's judge Dane Watkins, but he will be taking over if the cases are joined.

IMO his main defense will be trying to deny Chad's knowledge of the kids being buried in his backyard, suggesting that Tylee's body wasn't burned on his property and that she could have been buried days after the raccoon burial. Additionally, Prior is likely to claim that Chad believed Lori's story about her children being safe.

Defense will undoubtedly get more prosecution's evidence before the trial. There's a chance that the above claims will clash with the evidence.

iirc, they were taking core samples of the ground during retrievals. I would think that they would be able to isolate the pet cemetery samples to determine if petroleum/gas was in that area in high concentration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa