Kim Jong Un in grave condition after surgery, North Korea, Apr 2020

Was there ever any truth to reports that KJU had undergone some type of major surgery and was recuperating at an undisclosed location? Or, was this really about Kim self-quarantining to avoid getting COVID-19 or has he had it and doesn't want anyone to know?
Just like everything else that goes on in that country, we'll likely never know the true story. I think he was probably sick in some form or fashion -- it may be that he simply feared he was sick with coronavirus (as I, personally, do not believe they've managed to completely escape the virus as they claim) but was something else. China confirmed that a few doctors were sent to NK but wouldn't disclose the reason, IIRC. If I had to guess, I'd say something probably happened (like a simple test or procedure) and then local gossip and whispered rumors morphed into highly exaggerated claims (as they often do) of heart surgeries and death beds.

North Korea Declares State Of Emergency After Kim Jong Un Meets Advisers

"North Korea has declared a state of emergency after a person suspected of having coronavirus entered the country.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un convened an emergency politburo meeting after the person suspected of having COVID-19 entered from South Korea by illegally crossing the border this month, state media said on Sunday.

If confirmed, it would be the first case officially acknowledged by North Korean authorities, who have so far said the country has no confirmed cases of the disease.

Kim declared a state of emergency and imposed a lockdown on the border city of Kaesong, calling it a 'critical situation in which the vicious virus could be said to have entered the country,' state news agency KCNA reported."

North Koreans ordered to hand over pet dogs to be killed for meat as country hit by food shortages | Daily Mail Online

North Koreans Are Ordered To Hand Over 'Decadent And Bourgeois' Pet Dogs For 'Restaurant Meat' As The Country Is Rocked By Food Shortages

"Kim Jong-un has declared that pet dogs are a symbol of capitalist 'decadence' and ordered that dogs in Pyongyang be rounded up - and owners are fearful that their beloved pets are being used to solve the nation's food shortages.

Dictator Kim announced in July that owning a pet is now against the law, denouncing having a dog at home as 'a tainted trend of bourgeois ideology'.

'Authorities have identified households with pet dogs and are forcing them to give them up or forcefully confiscating them and putting them down', a source told South Korea's Chosun Ilbo newspaper.

'Some of the dogs are sent to state-run zoos or sold to dog meat restaurants'.

A recent UN report stated that as many as 60 percent of North Korea's 25.5 million people are facing 'widespread food shortages' that have been worsened by international sanctions imposed on the regime for its nuclear missile programmes."

Um, I'm not certain that he is still around. Between his sister, who seems to have a good hand on things, and the possibility of a double making appearances for him, I'm not one hundred percent for certain that Kim Jong Un is alive. Of course, I'm also not one hundred percent certain that reptilian aliens haven't take over all of the United States government and 2020. Just my vague, fanciful, whothehellknows thoughts and opinion.

Um, I'm not certain that he is still around. Between his sister, who seems to have a good hand on things, and the possibility of a double making appearances for him, I'm not one hundred percent for certain that Kim Jong Un is alive. Of course, I'm also not one hundred percent certain that reptilian aliens haven't take over all of the United States government and 2020. Just my vague, fanciful, whothehellknows thoughts and opinion.

I agree with you Catmommy!
He is probably dead. That would mean that this dog story is probably made up by the North Koreans to make it appear that he is still alive and as psychotic as ever. I do believe that the government is probably killing pet dogs to make the story look real. The line about some of the dogs going to doggie zoos is beyond ridiculous!
That’s how dictatorships work, terrorizing their people just because they can.
Classic serial killer behavior.
MOO

I believe them more than whatever comes out of North Korea's mouth!
Yes!

I’ve read a handful of memoirs written by defectors, as well as an award-winning non-fiction book that follows the lives of six North Koreans, and the stories told in these books are the stuff of my nightmares.

the books (if you’re interested) —

Dear Leader: Poet, Spy, Escapee by Jang Jin-sung
A memoir that offers its readers a rare insider’s view into contemporary North Korea as a high ranking counterintelligence agent, as the author describes his life as former poet laureate to Kim Jong-Il.

Nothing to Envy by Barbara Demick
Demick follows the lives of six North Koreans over a span of 15 years — a time which saw the death of Kim Il-Sung, the unchallenged rise to power of Kim Jong-Il, and a famine that killed one-fifth of the country’s population.

Without You There Is No Us: My Time with the Sons of North Korea’s Elite by Suki Kim
A memoir written by an American journalist who posed as a missionary, in order to pose as an English teacher, in order to gain insight into the lives of North Korea’s elite. The author taught English to the sons of the ruling class during the last six months of Jong-Il’s reign.

In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl’s Journey to Freedom by Yeonmi Park
A memoir written by a human rights activist, who fled North Korea with her mother in 2007, at the age of 13. Her sister had escaped the country years earlier and vanished into China, prompting the author to share her harrowing journey with the world in hopes of finding her.

(If I had to choose, my top two would be Nothing to Envy and Without You There Is No Us. In Order to Live is very difficult to stomach at times.)

Last edited:
I agree with you Catmommy!
He is probably dead. That would mean that this dog story is probably made up by the North Koreans to make it appear that he is still alive and as psychotic as ever. I do believe that the government is probably killing pet dogs to make the story look real. The line about some of the dogs going to doggie zoos is beyond ridiculous!
That’s how dictatorships work, terrorizing their people just because they can.
Classic serial killer behavior.
MOO

You may well be right:

Kim Jong-Un 'Is In A Coma And His Sister Is Set To Take Control' Of North Korea, Claims South Korean Diplomat

"A South Korean diplomat has sensationally claimed that Kim Jong Un is in a coma and his sister is set to take control of North Korea.

Chang Song-min, an ex-aide to late-South Korean president Kim Dae-jung, claimed the DPRK is hiding the truth about its leader's deteriorating health and that he understands the dictator is in a comatose state.

It comes as speculation over Kim's true health condition has been mounting due to a lack of public appearances this year."

Kim Jong-Un 'is in a coma and his sister is set to take control', claims South Korean diplomat | Daily Mail Online

South Koreans are not reliable when they talk about North Korea...even if they're diplomats

My 2 cents:
Kim got covid in April, slipped into a coma and died.
His sister was poised to take the reigns HOWEVER the absolutely cultish devotion that they demanded from their people didn't allow for her to take over.
Enter the Kim Jong Un double- Kim Jong Dos.
Kim Jong Dos is primarily here as a scapegoat for lil sis. Now we gotta make the people resent Kim Jong Dos so we can have the peaceful transition of power that has been previously unlikely to be attainable.
Enter the dog situatio .
Now we have the *beloved leader* ordering folks to turn over their dogs. Folks KNOW these dogs will be used for the meat shortage. Animosity builds.
Now folks are lookin at lil sis with some openness in their hearts.
I predict that another outrageously cruel edict will be handed down by Kim Jong Dos and will be reported soon. Then ole Kimmy Kim will suddenly have a heart attack or something and BAM, Bob's your uncle, and we have THE FIRST female leader in North Korean Herstory.
♀️

My 2 cents:
Kim got covid in April, slipped into a coma and died.
His sister was poised to take the reigns HOWEVER the absolutely cultish devotion that they demanded from their people didn't allow for her to take over.
Enter the Kim Jong Un double- Kim Jong Dos.
Kim Jong Dos is primarily here as a scapegoat for lil sis. Now we gotta make the people resent Kim Jong Dos so we can have the peaceful transition of power that has been previously unlikely to be attainable.
Enter the dog situatio .
Now we have the *beloved leader* ordering folks to turn over their dogs. Folks KNOW these dogs will be used for the meat shortage. Animosity builds.
Now folks are lookin at lil sis with some openness in their hearts.
I predict that another outrageously cruel edict will be handed down by Kim Jong Dos and will be reported soon. Then ole Kimmy Kim will suddenly have a heart attack or something and BAM, Bob's your uncle, and we have THE FIRST female leader in North Korean Herstory.
♀️
If they do openly claim her as the new leader I'm going to be very surprised. If he is dead or grossly incapacitated, which I believe he is, then it does look like they're trying to gain some time to get everything ready for a new leader to ascend and take over. The long time might mean it's her, but who knows? I'm sure she is the one calling the shots in the background though.

North Korea: Officials executed for discussing 'stagnant economy' | Daily Mail Online

"North Korea has executed five Economic Ministry workers after they criticized Kim Jong-Un's policies, according to reports.

It is thought that the communist party officials were shot by firing squad on July 30 after speaking out about the regime's economic policies which have left the country one of the poorest nations in the world.

Details of their conversation are said to have been reported back to their bosses before they were summoned to a meeting and arrested by the secret police.

The five men, who had been attending a dinner party, had openly discussed the stagnant economy in the militarized nation state as well as the need for industrial reform as it continues to produce few consumer goods for its impoverished citizens.

It was reported that the employees had also spoken about the need for North Korea to seek foreign co-operation in order to overcome looming trade sanctions, according to DailyNK."

South Koreans are not reliable when they talk about North Korea...even if they're diplomats

I find your position on North Korea fascinating. Care to share more on the truth of it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back