Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not buying that she told her friend (who I believe was in Indiana) to call the police if she wasn't back from a bike ride. I think that would be strange on several different levels - I'm chalking that up to simply bad rumor. In fact, I'd be surprised to learn that SM feared for her life - I think she absolutely never saw THIS coming. The statement the fire chief made early one about how she was "too trusting" is likely true, unfortunately, and my opinion is she would have never thought BM was capable of such an act.

Also, I can't buy into something happening to SM on Friday night. I asked my DW how long she could message with someone pretending to be her best friend before she would know it wasn't really her and her response was "about 15 seconds". I don't see BM (or anyone, for that matter) capable of impersonating SM's best friend over text/social media - especially given they were talking about wedding stuff. While there may have been a fight on Friday, I believe SM was alive and well up until about 12:30 on Saturday.

JMO, MOO.

I'm not buying that she told her friend (who I believe was in Indiana) to call the police if she wasn't back from a bike ride. I think that would be strange on several different levels - I'm chalking that up to simply bad rumor. In fact, I'd be surprised to learn that SM feared for her life - I think she absolutely never saw THIS coming. The statement the fire chief made early one about how she was "too trusting" is likely true, unfortunately, and my opinion is she would have never thought BM was capable of such an act.

Also, I can't buy into something happening to SM on Friday night. I asked my DW how long she could message with someone pretending to be her best friend before she would know it wasn't really her and her response was "about 15 seconds". I don't see BM (or anyone, for that matter) capable of impersonating SM's best friend over text/social media - especially given they were talking about wedding stuff. While there may have been a fight on Friday, I believe SM was alive and well up until about 12:30 on Saturday.

JMO, MOO.
Well, I knew I had read it too but decided to research where I read it and discovered that it was here at Websleuths on thread #20 post # 224 which is someones' opinion so I do apologize that I posted it and confused people that it may have come from MSM. It didn't.

I don't think BM was going to use the mountain lion story at first. AM said on PE that LE reported seeing a mountain lion. At that point, I think BM just threw it out as yet another possible explanation.

Does that explain why he brought the lion lure to the house? (The elk antlers - which instead of being shed, still had meat attached to them - as witnessed by AM?)

I don't put tons of stock in BM's reporting of what LE saw. When LE reveals that they saw a lion, then I'll believe it. At this point, it's a no go on trusting BM for such details - especially when he's pre-splaining to Suzanne's family members.

In the real world, I'm a graphic designer. I cannot tell you how much it bothers me that screenshots can be/are considered evidence, when I could manufacture one in less than an hour, that looks 100% legit, but is 100% fake.
I think if the text/conversation in question could then be proven to have taken place via logs from the platform, then and only then should a screen shot be entered as evidence. But never without proof. They're way too easy to fake.

jmo
Thank you for this. I really hope SS’s would never be admitted as evidence. God help us if that happens. Jmo

JMO, MOO.
Agreed. I think the only way she was killed earlier than that 12:30 time on Saturday, is if the time of that conversation (and abrupt end) is wrong.

Funny how after all the things AM accused him of, he places so much importance on the fact that he never once declined an interview. Just because he answered their questions doesn't mean he's been truthful or cooperative. Imo

So true. I never declined an interview I just lied, but i did decline a polygraph, cooperation with LE, helping search for my wife, supporting my employees, and an in person media interview.

<modsnip>

totally normal guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that explain why he brought the lion lure to the house? (The elk antlers - which instead of being shed, still had meat attached to them - as witnessed by AM?)

I don't put tons of stock in BM's reporting of what LE saw. When LE reveals that they saw a lion, then I'll believe it. At this point, it's a no go on trusting BM for such details - especially when he's pre-splaining to Suzanne's family members.

correct, as I said.... on PE, AM reported that LE told AM about the mountain lion

Anybody else find it interesting that BM didn't include her phone on that hastily scribbled BOLO list of his?

Or his own phone number. If Suzanne was for any reason distraught and went on a very long bike ride (choosing bike over car for whatever reason, perhaps to clear her head), then she could have ended up in Poncha Springs, right?

It could be that a distraught woman resembling Suzanne came in - what then? She's thought to be missing according to her husband. Should the clerk call police? Why not give a phone number, so that the wife can be brought home quickly by her devoted husband?

Anyway, since BM seemed to be asking "Have you seen her? I'm desperate to know!" then...it would have been good for him to leave his number.

Maybe he used two pieces of paper - but given that the clerk has offered up that note to the public, I doubt it.

Ita.
The only source we have atm for the 'mountain lion sighting' came from BM himself.
LE never said that.
Unless that changes and they release a statement.

Very early on in the criminal investigation someone thought LE or more specifically a deputy had stated they'd observed a cougar close to a parking lot.
This was later revealed to be BM's saying this to TD; and that was all.
So, BM's hearsay only.
Imo.

correct, as I said.... on PE, AM reported that LE told AM about the mountain lion

Thanks - haven't listened to it yet. That's troubling. (I was one of those who had "mountain lion" on the "improbable but possible" list early on...two bikers here in SoCal attacked by mountain lions in the last decade or so - one fatally).

The fact that a mountain lion was seen by LE means that an unusual, non-human fearing mountain lion is in the area.

So now there's the question as to why no one in the family used any of the G__Me funds to hire good lion trackers. If there's a lion at all, I'd want to know its habits - and where its den is.

That's if it were me and my spouse was missing. The dead biker here in SoCal was a lightly built male (like 140 lbs IIRC).

Not really. In the rushed desperation of the moment I suspect BM felt it important to provide info on what SM was *wearing* as opposed to what she might be carrying with her.

Okay, let's go ahead and play that idea out.
BM was in a frenzied hurry to pass that note to the manager at the Poncha Marker.
Time was of the essence!

The fact that it was "too soon" to talk to MSM reporters who could have gotten the word out to literally tens of thousands of people about his missing wife, notwithstanding.
Nope! Not time for any of that yet.

Time to go bang on the glass of that roadside stand, the Poncha Marker, instead.

Interesting that in all his rushed desperation, BM completely neglected to provide info about not just what SM was wearing ("biking clothing,"such helpful detail), but you know, a description of what SM herself actually looked like.

Keep a sharp eye out for the helmet and the bike, but not the woman herself?

A somewhat startling omission, don't you think?

Oh, well…must have slipped his mind in the desperation of the moment.

Or something.

Turns out, when we play that scene of BM's out, it doesn't really stand up to scrutiny.

JMO.

Last edited:
Ita.
The only source we have atm for the 'mountain lion sighting' came from BM himself.
LE never said that.
Unless that changes and they release a statement.

Very early on in the criminal investigation someone thought LE or more specifically a deputy had stated they'd observed a cougar close to a parking lot.
This was later revealed to be BM's saying this to TD; and that was all.
So, BM's hearsay only.
Imo.
AM on PE .. 1:09.00 mark - talks about the lion

Funny how after all the things AM accused him of, he places so much importance on the fact that he never once declined an interview. Just because he answered their questions doesn't mean he's been truthful or cooperative. Imo
Yes, you're right. All it means is that he is talking, doesn't mean it helpful or true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member