Resolved Canada - Toronto, fem, 27-49, sleeping bag, cargo pants/grn striped shirt, (Dundas/Crawford), Jun'20

It's never been reported whether Ala has been recovered. I wonder if she's been compared to JD?
CANADA - Ala Asadchaya, 41, Toronto, 18 December 2019
NR.46216.1576878296.jpg
rDCS5BE.jpg

She resembles the UID but her height is way off... she's 5'10".

Trinity Bellwoods is the Toronto Park that was in the news over the Victoria Day weekend when thousands of people came into the park creating a COVID 19 disaster in the making. TB is still a hangout for transients in the area and probably more than usual considering many shelters were closing and there are several outdoor toilets here.

There is a transitional house about two blocks away called Strachan House. It's for people who for one reason or another, addiction, mental health issues, etc ended up on the street, are trying to get back on their feet. Even at the best of times there is probably a waiting list for people to get in and I suppose with the whole Covid 19 thing it's worse now.

I'm sure TPS has already been there to check to see whether the UID matches someone who attempted to go there. A lot of drop in centres for the homeless have closed due to Covid 19. Even homeless people fear catching in overcrowded conditions. Sometime in April an outreach program was passing out sleeping bags to the homeless. Perhaps this new-looking sleeping bag is one of them.

I know Tabi International has been out of business for a long time. They made great clothes for the business woman and I had many outfits from them. Not cheap but affordable. So she probably got it from either an outreach program or from a thrift shop.

FWIW I knew something about this seemed familiar and thought I'd leave this link here: Pics are included in the link below, Idk how to add them here. What stood out for me is that this woman was found under a sleeping bag.

O.P.P. believe body found near Guelph is a Montreal woman

"The woman's partially decomposed body was found on August 28, 2005, in a wooded location at a picnic/rest area on Highway 7 west of Rockwood, Ontario."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitc...s-rockwood-guelph-2005-unidentified-1.4800769

"The woman wasn't wearing any jewellery or identification when her body was located. The clothing she was wearing at the time — a pair of black shorts, a beige tank top, white underwear and a peach-coloured bra — was purchased in the Montreal area."

FWIW I knew something about this seemed familiar and thought I'd leave this link here: Pics are included in the link below, Idk how to add them here. What stood out for me is that this woman was found under a sleeping bag.

O.P.P. believe body found near Guelph is a Montreal woman

"The woman's partially decomposed body was found on August 28, 2005, in a wooded location at a picnic/rest area on Highway 7 west of Rockwood, Ontario."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitc...s-rockwood-guelph-2005-unidentified-1.4800769

"The woman wasn't wearing any jewellery or identification when her body was located. The clothing she was wearing at the time — a pair of black shorts, a beige tank top, white underwear and a peach-coloured bra — was purchased in the Montreal area."
Thanks for the links, they should go into one thread (in search function) down from this one..
CANADA - Canada - Eramosa Twp, Ont, WhtFem 550UFON, 25-45, off Hwy 7, Aug'05

Bumping. Of course there are many others like this but something doesn't sit right Imho.

I have a lot of questions and have been assuming the cause of death was some kind of blunt force, either accidental or with intent to harm.

Was she under the sleeping bag or inside? With the amount of blood shown on the shirt it seems logical that any accidental head injury would mean the victim wouldn't get very far. Would the person really have walked around bleeding that much, not seeking assistance? Would they have the energy/take the time to get into their sleeping bag? Wouldn't you want someone to find you? Weird.

I know someone who is the adult version of Dennis The Menace. Complete with slingshot. He also has a "pet rock" and I've seen him use the rock to kill ants. It was disturbing. Often wondered if this person isn't maybe a sociopath which got me thinking... could someone use a slingshot and a rock as a murder weapon? Is it possible to make that kind of crime appear like an accident?

Idk... it's being considered accidental but couldn't it also just be a matter of opportunity, preying on someone vulnerable? There's a lot of this in T.O but also a similar "pattern" out west in Vancouver City & Vancouver Island. Only difference is most of those victims are simply missing, no remains are being found. Here, remains are found but the person is UID.

Has it always been this way and I'm only spotting it now or is there a pattern here?

Bumping. Of course there are many others like this but something doesn't sit right Imho.

I have a lot of questions and have been assuming the cause of death was some kind of blunt force, either accidental or with intent to harm.

Was she under the sleeping bag or inside? With the amount of blood shown on the shirt it seems logical that any accidental head injury would mean the victim wouldn't get very far. Would the person really have walked around bleeding that much, not seeking assistance? Would they have the energy/take the time to get into their sleeping bag? Wouldn't you want someone to find you? Weird.

I know someone who is the adult version of Dennis The Menace. Complete with slingshot. He also has a "pet rock" and I've seen him use the rock to kill ants. It was disturbing. Often wondered if this person isn't maybe a sociopath which got me thinking... could someone use a slingshot and a rock as a murder weapon? Is it possible to make that kind of crime appear like an accident?

Idk... it's being considered accidental but couldn't it also just be a matter of opportunity, preying on someone vulnerable? There's a lot of this in T.O but also a similar "pattern" out west in Vancouver City & Vancouver Island. Only difference is most of those victims are simply missing, no remains are being found. Here, remains are found but the person is UID.

Has it always been this way and I'm only spotting it now or is there a pattern here?

She was found laying on top of the sleeping bag not in it. It was sunny, hot and humid on June 9, 2020. So there is a good possibility that when she lay down that night she lay on top of the sleeping bag because it was hot. Her being on top of the sleeping doesn't preclude that someone else may have been laying there with her, especially if it was unzipped and being used as a blanket.

I don't believe this woman is on any missing person's list. I think it's possible she is a transient who had no option but to stay outside rather than chance being in an overcrowded facility where Covid could have run rampant. The fact that she had no belongings with her doesn't mean she is local or just traveled to that area for the day and left her belongings at home. Anyone's belongings are fair game in the transient community. It is the nature of the beast.

There is a discoloration on the shirt but I don't think it is blood. For one thing it is not opaque, it appears to be a watery mixture of something that may or may not have blood in it. Because of its location on the shirt it looks to me like it could have been vomit. Of course, it is possible that LE may have cleaned the shirt after taking samples before releasing an image of it for identification.

Tabi International was a great store for working women in the corporate world. The clothes were quite lovely and a lot of their design was devoted to a muted monochromatic colour scheme so this shirt is a little bit outside what I wore from their collections.

I don't think they have mentioned any footware. Walking around without shoes in Trinity Bellwoods might be fraught with danger because of used needles. If they weren't catalogued is that an oversight or she didn't have shoes with her? If the latter, then I think it's another indication that she may be been robbed of her belongings.

There was no mention at all of an autopsy and what the findings were. Is it possible she is no longer a UID and that she has been identified? And the family chooses not to publish the name? When I look at both the drawing and the computerized graphic of this woman she looks like she could be of Eastern European background. If she is a transient then what is it about her that she became that way? She seems to have excellent dental hygiene. She doesn't appear unkempt or that she has been transient for a while. Is it possible that she had mental health issues and her family and cultural background made it difficult for her to access services? It is a strange case.

Last edited:
She was found laying on top of the sleeping bag not in it. It was sunny, hot and humid on June 9, 2020. So there is a good possibility that when she lay down that night she lay on top of the sleeping bag because it was hot. Her being on top of the sleeping doesn't preclude that someone else may have been laying there with her, especially if it was unzipped and being used as a blanket.

I don't believe this woman is on any missing person's list. I think it's possible she is a transient who had no option but to stay outside rather than chance being in an overcrowded facility where Covid could have run rampant. The fact that she had no belongings with her doesn't mean she is local or just traveled to that area for the day and left her belongings at home. Anyone's belongings are fair game in the transient community. It is the nature of the beast.

There is a discoloration on the shirt but I don't think it is blood. For one thing it is not opaque, it appears to be a watery mixture of something that may or may not have blood in it. Because of its location on the shirt it looks to me like it could have been vomit. Of course, it is possible that LE may have cleaned the shirt after taking samples before releasing an image of it for identification.

Tabi International was a great store for working women in the corporate world. The clothes were quite lovely and a lot of their design was devoted to a muted monochromatic colour scheme so this shirt is a little bit outside what I wore from their collections.

I don't think they have mentioned any footware. Walking around without shoes in Trinity Bellwoods might be fraught with danger because of used needles. If they weren't catalogued is that an oversight or she didn't have shoes with her? If the latter, then I think it's another indication that she may be been robbed of her belongings.

There was no mention at all of an autopsy and what the findings were. Is it possible she is no longer a UID and that she has been identified? And the family chooses not to publish the name? When I look at both the drawing and the computerized graphic of this woman she looks like she could be of Eastern European background. If she is a transient then what is it about her that she became that way? She seems to have excellent dental hygiene. She doesn't appear unkempt or that she has been transient for a while. Is it possible that she had mental health issues and her family and cultural background made it difficult for her to access services? It is a strange case.

RBBM

Thank you, my answer was on page one.

Good point about the temperature! Also, Imo the sleeping bag appears to be in good condition, as if it hadn't been used much or for very long.

Tabi International is a store I remember really well. It's where I went for Mothers Day gifts whenever I didn't know what to buy. Sorry to be so graphic about the shirt. Just to me, it looked like blood or blood mixed with water or something. Went too far in my imagination.

I don't think shoes were noted at all. Overall, I agree. This woman appears to be fairly tidy if she was in fact a transient. Hopefully LE checked in with local womens shelters, supports etc. The fact that she was found in this condition makes me wonder if she was in fact, homeless. She must have accessed local services of some kind.

While I'm sure the homeless help themselves to each others things, I feel like there is probably some kind of code among the transient community that discourages this kind of thing. Idk anything about this subject though. Also, it seems kind of risky and coincidental to take the personal effects of an UID woman. What are the odds?

How often does this kind of thing happen in this community/ part of T.O? I'm 1000% positive there are cases of overdose and exposure to elements but this seems different. At the same time, if this were some kind of body dump (where my imagination is headed), who would actually do that?!

Toronto Police Service :: News Release #47376

Possible? Perhaps too young?
Ws thread..
CANADA - Canada- Dale Nancy Wyman, 22, Voyageur bus station, Ottawa, Ont.16 July 1980 *Fresh initiative*

rbbm.
Dale Nancy Wyman has been missing for over 40 years – sketches of what she may look like now are available

''Police investigators spoke to the only witness at the time, the taxi driver. He advised that Dale mentioned to him that she was not sure where she was going, perhaps Toronto or Montreal.''

''Over the years, Ottawa Police received information that Dale may have been in Alberta in 1991 and in the Toronto area in 1992. Her family believes that she may have been in Saskatchewan or Alberta at some time. Dale has yet to be located.
At the time of her disappearance, Dale was described as a Caucasian female, 5’5” (165 cm), 150 lbs (68 kg). She had long brown hair and blue eyes. Dale sometimes went by the first name of Nancy or Gail.''

Last edited:
Indeed, I think this is a death from natural causes or OD, and the stain is not blood.

Lots of groups pass out sleeping bags, clothing etc. I don't think there's any doubt that she was homeless given that she was laying on a sleeping bag in a public park wearing a shirt from a long-defunct clothing line.

Indeed, I think this is a death from natural causes or OD, and the stain is not blood.

Lots of groups pass out sleeping bags, clothing etc. I don't think there's any doubt that she was homeless given that she was laying on a sleeping bag in a public park wearing a shirt from a long-defunct clothing line.

That all makes sense to a degree. However, there are lots of people who are not homeless who shop in places like Value Village and other recycled clothing businesses. Some people like true vintage wear and others will buy favourite items of defunct companies. I still have a lot of items I bought from a woman's clothing store (Cassis) that closed in 2011; they are classic items and still in perfect condition.

Is it me. If I click on this
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #47376 The page is no longer existing.

Error: 410 - Gone

The page you are attempting to access no longer exist. Please navigate from the menu above to your next destination.

Is it me. If I click on this
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #47376 The page is no longer existing.

Error: 410 - Gone

The page you are attempting to access no longer exist. Please navigate from the menu above to your next destination.
The same for me, cannot find further information as to whether this UID female was identified or not.

Her profile on Canada's Missing index:
Canada's Missing | Case details
Case reference: 2020021304
On June 10, 2020, an unidentified woman was discovered in Trinity Bellwood Park in Toronto, Ontario. The woman was found with a “Mountain Warehouse” sleeping bag, a band-aide, a protein bar, and travel-size toothpaste.

Discovered on June 10, 2020
Est. age 27 to 49
Gender Female
Bio group White
Hair Brown, Grey, Wavy, Long
Teeth Good
Height 155cm / 5 ft 1 in to 163cm / 5 ft 4 in
Weight 49kg / 108lb
Build Slender/Thin
showImage
showImage
showImage
showImage

Trinity Bellwoods Park Jane Doe - DNA Doe Project Cases

TrinityBellwoodsParkJaneDoe_web.jpg

NamUs ID: UNA
Date Body Found: June 10, 2020
Race: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age: 27 to 49
Estimated PMI: Hours

Last Updated: October 11, 2021
Posted on October 11, 2021

Thank you for the update!

What does "status undergoing testing" mean? Does this include cause of death or is that already known and not released? I kept thinking someone hurt her and she died from a head injury and was left without any I.D, as if it were intentional.

A recent article in my local paper highlighted the fact that there have been close to 50 deaths related to the homeless population that is local to me. The impression it left was that the city officials do not want this information revealed (wtf?! JMO). The reporter made comparison to how death within the homeless population is documented in Toronto compared to other cities. I'd link to the article but don't want to reveal my city.

It's still hard to imagine all this woman owned was with her and that it amounted to a sleeping bag, band aid and a protein bar. Am I the only one who finds this odd? Maybe this is common :(

Thank you for the update!

What does "status undergoing testing" mean? Does this include cause of death or is that already known and not released? I kept thinking someone hurt her and she died from a head injury and was left without any I.D, as if it were intentional.
This usually means that the biological sample(s) are at the lab for extraction/sequencing of a DNA sample suitable for uploading to genetic genealogy databases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back