GUILTY WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, found deceased, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020 *Arrest* #2

My husband was court ordered to attend classes for batterers that would help him learn techniques to calm down and stop attacking women and children. (Us.)I was momentarily relieved and optimistic until the social worker or policewoman? (Can’t remember) cracked a joke that at least those classes were effective in preventing violence just while the guys were actually in the classroom.

Damn :(.

My husband was court ordered to attend classes for batterers that would help him learn techniques to calm down and stop attacking women and children. (Us.)I was momentarily relieved and optimistic until the social worker or policewoman? (Can’t remember) cracked a joke that at least those classes were effective in preventing violence just while the guys were actually in the classroom.

Wow. So not appropriate. But my ex husband was ordered those classes as well when he was being charged for his violence on me. It cured him I guess (ok ok I’m rolling my eyes pretty hard right now). It’s messed up how some of these abusers or violent people are able to put on such an amazing show to everyone else. Good actors to an extent, but it can only be kept up for so long. MOO

Does anyone else wonder if he kept her in the garage in his truck for the 16 or so hours before the 6am drive to the ravine? otherwise him carrying her from the basement to the truck would have been caught on the ADT cams?

I still think he should be charged with the aggravating circumstance of "lying in wait" as he prepped for the murder and (in my perspective) lured her to his home to commit the murder.
all moo!
Yes I also thought he likely moved body to truck in garage obscured with “spring cleaning trash bags” before turning cameras back on - and then disposing the next AM at 6 am. Seems less risky than leaving in basement to me.

I also previously speculated that he shoved her down the basement steps. To me this explained getting her where he wanted her while also hurting her ability to fight back. It doesn’t sound like a finished basement where they would hang out (I haven’t looked at realty listing photos to confirm) so to me shoving down the stairs makes sense. Now that we know she had skull fractures I think that could fit.
Just to confirm what @MsBetsy said, the detectives saw what they thought were stab wounds. The papers filed did not say if the ME was able to confirm or refute that. The Tacoma newspaper said the autopsy confirmed both skull fractures and stab wounds, but that may have just been the reporter being less than precise about the source of information.

Hearing that is really aggravating. :(

How is luring a pregnant woman to your home, so you can kill her and her baby in the basement, NOT worthy of LWOP and no bail? :mad:

JMO..Washington State is one of the worst states for victims due to their laws. Look at the case of Ingrid Lyne:
Death of Ingrid Lyne - Wikipedia

Appearing in a King County courtroom on Monday, October 2, 2017, Charlton pled guilty to all charges against him, including the murder and dismemberment of Lyne.[21]

On January 5, 2018, Charlton was sentenced to 27 years and 9 months in prison, the punishment recommended by prosecutors.[22]

This is a really good question. There's a darker and deeper story there IMO. I wonder how many women he's made terminate pregnancies?
The only man I knew who was like this faced some terrible abuse as a child. Plus an ultra conservative community. He wouldn’t talk about it in detail, but I think abused by father and hated mother for not protecting him. I think he considered the mother a floozy/druggie/*advertiser censored* who abandoned him. Which somehow fed into the male leads and woman is servant baptist doctrine he was raised in. Plus added that he didn’t want children because couldn’t trust he would be a good parent. Because of the abuse and the poor models I think, plus some fears about the genes he passed along. I guess it was an overwhelming fear of recreating the pain he experienced. So anyway, JMO that is one of the models that can lead to a man who says stuff like CD did about women and babies. I’m sure there are others.

Yep. Just saw this -- please forgive if it is a repeat:

Wash. Woman Who Vanished on Her Way to Sonogram Is Found Dead, and Ex-Boyfriend Is Charged

Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, of Parkland, was afraid to tell her ex-boyfriend about her pregnancy

By KC Baker
The body of a pregnant Washington woman who went missing in August was found over a steep hillside – and her ex-boyfriend, believed to be the father of her unborn baby, has been charged in her disappearance and murder, say police.

On Tuesday, a team of detectives from the Pierce County Sheriff’s Office located the body of Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, of Parkland, in a heavily wooded ravine along Chambers Creek Road in University Place, the Pierce County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.

Later that day, a heavily armed SWAT team arrested her ex-boyfriend, Colin Patrick Dudley, 37, of Tacoma, at his home.
Dudley is charged with first-degree murder and is being held at the Pierce County Jail, online jail records show.
-------------------------------
More here:
Wash. Woman Who Vanished on Her Way to Sonogram Is Found Dead, and Ex-Boyfriend Is Charged

I have thought about this. If someone will kill to avoid being a parent they may already have the tendency to kill.
The ideal situation will be don't kill, use protection etc. But it won't stop.

If the issue is child support, if a man does not want the child he sign over his rights etc. and not be ordered to pay. The state helps the mom financially.

Then there are husbands, I dunno.

Maybe there should be ads talking about therapy, violence is not the answer, you will get caught.

I really think it's about control more than anything and there will always be men like him.

There are people who have some strange curiosity, preoccupation with death or even how dead people look like. I have several well-known examples; neither of these people was good, all had other strange qualities, and neither was courageous when it came to own freedom or life. I wonder if CD either had more experience with killing than we know of, or, more likely, had he not been apprehended, he could kill more in the future.
JMO

Why did this dude hate having kids so much. I get some people prefer to be childless but that deep hate and anger is extreme.

One, maybe he was disliked or teased at school, didn’t like himself and projected feelings about himself onto a potential child? Two, he lived with his GF for many years, and maybe did not want to have a child with her, because he was younger and not ready to be a father? Hence all this talk about not wanting a kid. And later, perhaps, she already could not have a child. KC’s report that he was “supportive” could have been true. It is possible he initially did not mind - till his GF didn’t find out.

He may have acted supportive either in some weird manipulation maybe once he came up with the idea that he had to "get rid" of her. I honestly don't believe he was actually supportive for one second. Those comments he made in the past are definitely extreme and I don't think that would change, especially given the emotional drama of the situation and his need to preserve his life as he knew it.
Honestly, I picture him as having black, empty eyes. soulless.
moo!

Aren't there rooms in your house you just dont go into every day? I have a guest room and a room for my nieces who haven't really used it much since covid. I can see those doors shortly after entering the house but I rarely if ever go in those. Im also a gamer. My computer and consoles are in my room. No need to go elsewhere. Perhaps the GF has a similar setup of only going to her room, kitchen, and bathroom?

I might not notice the presence of a dead body, but the smell, I hope, I’d notice. I have allergy to bright light (runny nose), but I think I would still pick up the smell. Otherwise- dead bodies don’t move, don’t breathe, so, sadly, yes, they can be unnoticed.

Sadly this case seems very similar to another many of us followed closely on Websleuths. That of pregnant Charli Scott who went missing 6 years ago in Maui, Hawaii.

The perpetrator, who was the father of her unborn son was jailed for life, with the possibility of parole ( but a minimum sentence of 50 yrs) for luring her to her death, murdering & dismembering Charli.

Tragically only very partial remains of Charli have ever been recovered, along with some clothing which revealed she had been stabbed multiple times in her belly.

Charli & her loving supportive family had been excited about her pregnancy, but it emerged that Steven Capobianco had tried to insist she abort the pregnancy.

Her family have campaigned for a change in the law to include feticide, as Capobianco’s sentencing only related to the murder of Charli but not her unborn son Joshua.

HI - Carly 'Charli' Scott, 27, Makawao, Feb 2014 *Maps, Media Links & Timeline only*

He may have acted supportive either in some weird manipulation maybe once he came up with the idea that he had to "get rid" of her. I honestly don't believe he was actually supportive for one second. Those comments he made in the past are definitely extreme and I don't think that would change, especially given the emotional drama of the situation and his need to preserve his life as he knew it.
Honestly, I picture him as having black, empty eyes. soulless.
moo!
I have also considered that she might have been uncomfortable telling the clinic doctor, the entire truth about the situation.

She was a single pregnant woman, feeling 'overwhelmed', according to the doctor. So maybe having to say that the father of the child was married and was very unhappy about her pregnancy was not something she wanted to get into, at that time.

The easiest answer would be 'he was fine with it, but would not be taking part' in the parenting. JMO

I have also considered that she might have been uncomfortable telling the clinic doctor, the entire truth about the situation.

She was a single pregnant woman, feeling 'overwhelmed', according to the doctor. So maybe having to say that the father of the child was married and was very unhappy about her pregnancy was not something she wanted to get into, at that time.

The easiest answer would be 'he was fine with it, but would not be taking part' in the parenting. JMO

My thoughts exactly.

MOO

From what little information is out there and the condition of the body, i.e., stab wounds, skull fractures etc., this was a murder of great ANGER and hewanted to inflict pain on KC. I think he wanted to see her suffer. CD wanted KC out of his life and wanted to be unencumbered by KC and a child.

A child tied KC to CD for life whether she chose to bring the child up on her own or not. There was a link now that really couldn't be severed. The only way to do that was to kill her and get rid of EVERYTHING that represented a threat to him and his lifestyle

CD is brutal, monstrous killer.

I have the same feelings about why she told the doctor the guy was supportive.

I’m actually surprised that a doctor would remember that statement unless it was part of a bullet list of questions. And if it was, that’s a bit invasive. (Maybe questions like that are the norm when asking for public assistance.)

JMO

I have the same feelings about why she told the doctor the guy was supportive.

I’m actually surprised that a doctor would remember that statement unless it was part of a bullet list of questions. And if it was, that’s a bit invasive. (Maybe questions like that are the norm when asking for public assistance.)

JMO
Is it a fact that she applied for public assistance? That can be a trigger for some men as it was in the Karissa Fretwell case. Baby Daddy killed her and her son and dumped them in the woods. This after a court told him he had to pay $900 per month because Karrissa had applied for government assistance for I think a student loan. Moo.

Is it a fact that she applied for public assistance? That can be a trigger for some men as it was in the Karissa Fretwell case. Baby Daddy killed her and her son and dumped them in the woods. This after a court told him he had to pay $900 per month because Karrissa had applied for government assistance for I think a student loan. Moo.

I don’t think it’s fact that she asked for assistance for the baby but her mother mentioned many times that she had not taken her EBT card with her that last day. Those cards are part of assistance.

I believe her family and/or friends mentioned in an interview that she planned to leave his name off the birth certificate (to absolve him of any responsibility). JMO - Since she discussed it with friends/family, I would assume she had discussed it with CD as well and the idea may have even come from CD. I suppose CD could have still feared that the possibility of someday being held responsible would always hang over him though. And even more so the possibility of his live-in girlfriend finding out always hanging over him as well.

As for the doctor, I think it is a sign of a GREAT doctor that she elicited that info from KC and wrote it down in her notes so she would remember next time she saw her. Doctors treat the whole person and if they are good at their job they will take the time to make you feel comforable sharing your story, discussing your circumstances, mental health etc. Especially in the first OB appointments of a first pregnancy. I agree KC may have said "he's fine with it" or something which in dr speak is supportive, but in reality he obviously wasn't fine with it and I suspect KC's honest answer might have been he's struggling with it. JMO

I might not notice the presence of a dead body, but the smell, I hope, I’d notice. I have allergy to bright light (runny nose), but I think I would still pick up the smell. Otherwise- dead bodies don’t move, don’t breathe, so, sadly, yes, they can be unnoticed.

I did a google search. It says that it can take 1 day to 3 days for a corpse to start smelling. If he kept it downstairs, it might have started to smell. If he kept it in his garage or the back of his truck, then it might have gone unnoticed. The timeline looks like it happened between 10 and 11:30 on the 25th and that he dropped her off around 6 the next day. She would just start to smell in a few hours if thats correct :(

I have thought about this. If someone will kill to avoid being a parent they may already have the tendency to kill.

If the issue is child support, if a man does not want the child he sign over his rights etc. and not be ordered to pay. The state helps the mom financially.

Maybe there should be ads talking about therapy, violence is not the answer, you will get caught.

I really think it's about control more than anything and there will always be men like him.

Excellent post, @Inquisitive2018, IMO. If you are right, this man may well be a sociopath/psychopath; OTOH, he may simply be a mean, mean human being.

I have to agree that his actions were so cold and so calculated And he was so nonchalant about what he’s done that it would be shocking if this was his first violent act.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back