Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
final thought for the moment:

When we teach students to read historical photos as primary sources, we urge them not to just describe what they see, but also ask them consider what the perspective says about the photographer.

For me, there is only photo in the available set that looks like the photographer paused to consider the framing and angle. That photo is of the grill and hot tub. I think there is priority and pride revealed in this image.

The rest seem rushed, inattentive to details that would be important to new owners. Yes, the kitchen is glaringly absent, but so is closet space and laundry.

On that last note, I will be very curious to see if the listing says the home comes with appliances, particularly laundry machines. We might get a better sense of what has been removed from the home for further study.

Maybe he's selling the Puma Path house "as is" because just wants it gone, and can't be arsed to make any effort. He's done with that house, so just get rid of it. Maybe it's just as simple as that.

That could very well be the case but that’s not typically how you’d go about selling a $1.7M home quickly.

If you wanted a quick sale, and had cash, you’d list the home at $1.7M and add something like “$100k buyers allowance for upgrades”.

In my experience ‘As is’ refers to a home that needs a significant amount of work done.

For the routine home inspection stuff, you wouldn’t put ‘As is’ in the listing and scare off potential buyers. You’d just negotiate what you are willing to pay to have fixed during the offer & closing process.

This was my thinking as well. I wonder if LE ripped apart the plumbing? This would go along with the rumored bleach smell and would indicate they think it possible he flushed or washed something.

I'd be interested in what a potential buyer would have to say after a visual inspection ?
B/c imo, no one is going to buy that place w/o a tour.

Agreed. I was already thinking of emailing the realtor and saying I was an out of town buyer and would like her to send me a virtual tour of the home and property.

Maybe he doesn't want to.
Maybe he has washed his hands of it and wants to walk away.

The opinions that it is "telling" where LE worked.
And that is "telling" something happened in those areas.

Totally agree on the ‘tells’ of where LE worked.

We’re missing pics of the garage, mud/wash/laundry room, Kitchen and master bedroom. And I’d imagine the realtor can’t use the old pics from the previous listing as it would misrepresent the property versus the ‘as is’ condition.

Missing woman’s house for sale in Chaffee County
Lauren Scharf
2 hours ago
morphew-home.jpg

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — The home of a missing Chaffee County woman is now up for sale, less than five months since she was last seen.

Suzanne Morphew, 49, was reported missing on Mother’s Day – May 10. She had reportedly left her house alone for a bike ride and never returned. Her bike was recovered less than a half a mile away later that the same day, her family has told FOX21 News.

Missing woman’s house for sale in Chaffee County

Good on LS! I am sure that Barry loved reading this!!

This was my thinking as well. I wonder if LE ripped apart the plumbing? This would go along with the rumored bleach smell and would indicate they think it possible he flushed or washed something.

In my experience ‘As Is’ is generally used when the seller is in a cash crunch and either in pre-foreclosure or foreclosure and they can’t afford the repairs. I doubt this is th

Selling his place and moving on!

Well, what about his 26 second plea??

If he feels (cough cough) someone has her, why not stay there? I mean that is where she would head to if she got away from kidnappers.....just saying.

Even Stan and Julie Patz "never changed their phone number or moved, in the hopes that their son Etan, would reach out or return home. They stayed there for 40 years...

https://nypost.com/2019/09/14/etan-...c-40-years-after-sons-infamous-disappearance/

Did i read somewhere the other the day that BM and SM had some rental homes or am i imagining things?
Crime Online article June 5 :

A member of Suzanne Morphew’s family who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that Barry and Suzanne owned multiple rental properties in Indiana, and said they recalled Suzanne saying that the couple was planning on selling at least one of them. The family member said they were unaware of Barry Morphew’s petition for guardianship when CrimeOnline asked them to comment on the matter.

Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member