Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #82

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link on Amazon for the N95 filter @10ofRods? All I see are PM2.5 activated carbon filters to insert in mask. There was one set of N95 filters that received questionable reviews. Thanks. :)

I bought these. I put two of them in my cloth mask pocket and they fit perfectly. It's a little funky and probably not as effective as the N95/KN95 mask, but it works.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00065UIOM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ETA- Noticed @10ofRods linked them too. Cool.

Capitol Hill workers have tested, presumed positive for
123 cases of COVID-19 in the Legislative Branch causes increasing calls for more testing

"
The spokeswoman, Ashley Phelps, told Roll Call that the 123 workers include 46 Capitol Police employees, 42 Architect of the Capitol employees, and 35 contractors doing the renovation on the Cannon Building. And as of Monday, there are more than 20 Capitol Police employees on paid administrative leave.

But despite the virus reaching the highest levels of government, Capitol Hill still lacks a comprehensive testing program for all workers. Testing and tracing are offered, but not required, for anyone who thinks they may have been exposed to the virus."

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
"
The spokeswoman, Ashley Phelps, told Roll Call that the 123 workers include 46 Capitol Police employees, 42 Architect of the Capitol employees, and 35 contractors doing the renovation on the Cannon Building. And as of Monday, there are more than 20 Capitol Police employees on paid administrative leave.

But despite the virus reaching the highest levels of government, Capitol Hill still lacks a comprehensive testing program for all workers. Testing and tracing are offered, but not required, for anyone who thinks they may have been exposed to the virus."

<modsnip>

Big BIG Yikes!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article246251975.html

“Over a career that spanned more than 17 years, Julie Davis (who changed her name after remarrying in 2008) would touch the lives of hundreds of third- and fourth-graders, first at Page Street Elementary School in the Montgomery County town of Troy, N.C., and since 2019 at Norwood Elementary School in Stanly County. She died early Sunday morning, after a battle against COVID-19 that lasted less than 10 days, at the age of 49.”

“What there is not agreement on, meanwhile, is how she contracted the virus in the first place.

The school district and the county health department are adamant that Davis didn’t get it from work, and have left no room for speculation. So why is it that her brother doesn’t believe them?”

North Carolina teacher becomes 8th killed by COVID since school year began

On a lighter note, it appears that people have been buying coronavirus-related Christmas ornaments online, and they are selling out.

Every year we add one new ornament for our tree, usually carefully chosen to represent something important in our lives that year. I am not sure what it will be this year, probably something home-made since we won't be out shopping. But I doubt it will be one of the top-selling ornaments shown in this article, although each to their own!

Coronavirus-related Christmas ornaments sell out online

"

Complete and utter bloody failure. Our government continues to fail the American people at every turn. Now no new stimulus deal after months of petty bickering and those jackasses taking repeated breaks and vacations in the middle of it. And now the President thinks he can wave it over the populace's head like a carrot IF they vote him back in office!?!? We can't even manage testing and contract tracing at Capitol Hill or the WH? It's like a 3rd world country. We are spiraling downward. This is just exposing the absolute rot at the core. Complete and utter incompetence with the elite sucking at the government teat for all it's worth while the rest are left out in the cold. Despicable.

Unfortunately, an employer can't force a person to test unless symptomatic.

We had an outbreak at two call centers. They provided free testing, closed the CC for cleaning and paid the employess for time off. Only 70% showed up for testing. Even the HD couldn't force them to be tested.
Moo...

On a lighter note, it appears that people have been buying coronavirus-related Christmas ornaments online, and they are selling out.

Every year we add one new ornament for our tree, usually carefully chosen to represent something important in our lives that year. I am not sure what it will be this year, probably something home-made since we won't be out shopping. But I doubt it will be one of the top-selling ornaments shown in this article, although each to their own!

Coronavirus-related Christmas ornaments sell out online
I can't even look. I already know people who have died and I can't imagine having a keepsake ornament to commemorate mass death.

We had an outbreak at two call centers. They provided free testing, closed the CC for cleaning and paid the employess for time off. Only 70% showed up for testing. Even the HD couldn't force them to be tested.
Moo...

Who knows it might be a requirement down the road. Just like some employers require the flu shot unless they qualify for an exemption.

We had an outbreak at two call centers. They provided free testing, closed the CC for cleaning and paid the employees for time off. Only 70% showed up for testing. Even the HD couldn't force them to be tested.
Moo...

That may be the case where you live. That's not the case where I live (California). Employers require testing all the time. Teachers have to have TB prick tests. Or they don't get paid.

California is not even an "at will" state, but in many states, an employer can fire an employee for any reason, including not following business rules.

They can't physically force a test (no one has the right to do that without a judge's order), but they can take away your job, which means that your employer just caused you not to be their employee because you wouldn't take a test.

A lot of people would experience that as strong-arming.

What You Should Know About COVID-19 and the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and Other EEO Laws | U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

Here are current EEOC and ADA laws regarding employers rights to test for COVID, etc. I was surprised to see some of the regulations.

I couldn’t tell what was the advice if it’s the company’s landlord asking for the test, in multi-use office buildings. That is to say, what if it’s the building who wants testing stations in the lobby, before you even get near your office? Your company’s landlord does not = your employer, and I don’t know if you have the same protections if it’s the landlord asking...?

2 more Worcester firefighters test positive for COVID
More at link
Two more Worcester firefighters have tested positive for coronavirus, city officials announced Tuesday, saying that the spread of the virus is affecting 30 firefighters at two stations.

One firefighter tested positive on Sunday and went into quarantine. Another 21 members of the department who were in contact with that firefighter went into a precautionary quarantine.

Since then, two more have tested positive and another member is symptomatic and awaiting test results, City Manager Edward Augustus Jr. told reporters on the steps of City Hall Tuesday afternoon.
Other firefighters will be tested at the end of the week or sooner if they become symptomatic, the manager said.

rs&bbm

Mayor Joseph Petty noted that coronavirus can affect any age group, even young, healthy firefighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Resignal