Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #82

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.
There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.
New virus in China ‘will have infected hundreds'
Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.
Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.
But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.
Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Updates and chat - United States:
Current Statistics for Each Individual States

Updates and chat - Other Countries:
Stats and Information from Other Countries

Safety Tips and Things to do While Quarantined

Facial Mask Making - Coronavirus
Grocery shopping tips during Coronavirus quarantine
Recipes to share during Coronavirus quarantine
Health and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine
Quarantine Vegetable Gardens
Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children MIS-c and Covid[/URL}

[URL='https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ws-members-loved-ones-who-have-coronavirus-and-testing.514116/']WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus and testing

Individuals and Companies that have donated to the Coronavirus COVID-19 cause

Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

______

Case details for US and Canada:
COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Case details for the entire world:
Coronavirus Update (Live): 206,893 Cases and 8,272 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Covid-19 Vaccine Development

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68[/URL] Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GRT
Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
See you tonight.
Love,
Tricia
PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

Please remember ...

No blatantly political posts.
Do not be rude or argumentative.
Do not discuss other members or enquire as to their whereabouts. Members are entitled to their privacy.

Do not discuss moderators, moderation, or removed posts. Doing so can result in a temporary or permanent ban from Websleuths.

If you state information as fact, you must provide a link to support that fact. No link, no post !!

Members may copy their own posts from the general discussion thread over to relevant, more local threads in other appropriate Covid-19 sub-forums. If you think someone else's post relates specifically to another thread within the forum, please use the Report feature to let Mods/Admins know and we will move it on over for you.

If you wish to start a new thread, please run it by a Mod or Admin for approval.

Stay safe, healthy, strong and be kind to others.

ADMIN NOTE:

10ofRods is a Verified medical anthropologist and as such they are not required to provide links to information that is within the area of their expertise.

Hey everyone,

This thread is for sharing information, not debating or bickering or winning an argument.

State your opinion, post your link to info, then move on without feeling the need to comment on every single detail of every single post. It takes over the thread and none of us are here to hammer our own opinion into the heads of other members.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths is based in the US but has members from all over the world.

Any member who posts snark about another country will be permanently removed from this discussion.

Members should not take it upon themselves to decide that politics is allowed.

Until/unless Tricia, or a Mod or Admin gives approval to discuss any political aspect of this situation, the usual rules apply (no political snipes, debate talks, no election, ballots, Reps/Dems, Constitution, Pelosi, footballs, etc).

Discuss the President's health as it is presented via MSM or information from the WH or the President's medical personnel, and as it relates to his Covid diagnosis only. Let the rest unfold as it happens without dragging politics into this discussion.

Thread will reopen shortly.

Apparently some do not want contact tracing? Was the event legal? Seems as if some people are doing what they want to do despite it not being legal.

New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy said Monday that 184 of the 206 people who attended the fundraiser on October 1 at Trump National Golf Course in Bedminster have been contacted. Of the 206 attendees, Murphy said early numbers indicate about half were from New Jersey — and some attendees came as far away as Texas and Arizona.

At a press conference in Trenton, Murphy called the responses from attendees a "mixed bag," with some demanding to know how the state got their name. "The Republican National Committee, that's how we got your name," he said.

Murphy slammed the federal response, saying that New Jersey "is taking the lead on this, even for folks not from New Jersey." Murphy said state officials got the list of attendees from the Republican National Committee on Friday afternoon, and the state contacted the White House on Friday. He said he heard about Mr. Trump's positive diagnosis when he saw news reports when he woke up on Friday.

Murphy said the attorney general is investigating if the gathering violated the state's COVID-19 restrictions. He said early reports indicate that the event violated rules governing the amount of people allowed to be indoors and also food service rules, since buffets are not allowed.

Murphy wouldn't say specifically what action will be taken if the event was found in violation of the restrictions.

Live updates: Trump doctors clear discharge, but not "out of the woods yet"

I’m sorry, America. It’s embarrassing. We went through it when Boris bragged about handshaking then caught Covid, but at least he had the humility to not just brush it off afterwards.

Still, Trump’s followers will do what they wish. Play stupid games; win stupid prizes.

And risk millions of innocent people in the process.

Essential workers are at the mercy of these aggressively ignorant and defiant people who stand feet from them, maskless, and often screaming if told to wear one. They are at the mercy of businesses who refuse to let them wear masks, like a restaurant in Texas not too long ago, and a sheriff of a department in Florida recently.

And what of the health care workers exposed to high viral load because they have to continually treat people who refused to follow safety and health protocols? They are at risk as well.

People are free to do what they want but when their freedom risks the safety of others, they need to think twice and be responsible. Like I said before, not wearing a mask in close proximity to others out in public, is like driving drunk.

Last edited:
No White House contract tracing. Just wonderful (not).

Michael Shear, NY Times reporter:
"I have not been contacted by the White House," Shear said on CNN's "New Day" Monday morning. "Nobody from the White House has said 'boo' and asked anything about where I was or who I talked to or who else I might have infected."

New York Times reporter infected with Covid-19 says the White House is not doing contact tracing - CNN

The DC Health Department is responsible for contact tracing and they've reported being behind.

Trump says he'll leave Walter Reed tonight

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!

This is so impossibly tone deaf to the millions of people who live in the United States, and do not have access to health care. Do not have insurance coverage, sick leave, or the medical team at Walter Reed, with access to all treatments that most Americans have not been offered.

Except, the wealthiest ones.

And risk millions of innocent people in the process.

Essential workers are at the mercy of these aggressively ignorant and defiant people who stand feet form them, maskless, and often screaming if told to wear one. They are at the mercy of businesses who refuse to let them wear masks, like a restaurant in Texas not too long ago, and a sheriff of a department in Florida recently.

And what of the health care workers exposed to high viral load because they have to continually treat people who refused to follow safety and health protocols? They are at risk as well.

People are free to do what they want but when their freedom risks the safety of others, they need to think twice and be responsible. Like I said before, not wearing a mask in close proximity to others out in public, is like driving drunk.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Unfortunately, those that never wanted to take notice, now have carte blanche to carry on being selfish and ignorant to the needs of society, because of the president’s words and actions.

The warmest of hugs being sent across the pond to all those who want one right now. We are all weathering this horrible storm together.

I don't fear the virus and it doesn't dominate my life no matter what the President say's or does.

I've come to that conclusion on my own. I just happen to agree with the statements that the President has made.

You agree that mask wearing is unnecessary? You think it's okay to hang out with a bunch of people, shaking hands, whispering in each other's ears hugging, all while mask-less?

Yes, that's probably the dexamethasone talking. I do wonder how long he'll be on it or whether he'll go off it once he leaves the hospital (probably not). But eventually, of course he will, due to side effects.

He may not feel so chipper at that point in time. Steroids really can aid in suppressing pain and inflammation - something that many of us would like to have, but as everyone should know, longterm steroid use is only for serious conditions and even then, people often have to take breaks from it. That can be accompanied by mood changes. "This medicine may cause changes in mood or behavior for some patients. Tell your doctor right away if you have depression, mood swings, a false or unusual sense of well-being, trouble sleeping, or personality changes while taking this medicine."

Dexamethasone (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic.

Not saying he has such a situation - but the longer a person takes it, the more likely it is to get this common side effect. It's more common in the elderly (all the side effects of steroids are more common in the elderly). I would assume that since he didn't have an over-reaction from his immune system that he's no longer on them, though,

Meh. I take and have taken a similar medications and much more powerful on numerous occasions. Some for long periods.

He likely only took it to prevent inflammation from taking hold and won't take it for long.

This is so impossibly tone deaf to the millions of people who live in the United States, and do not have access to health care. Do not have insurance coverage, sick leave, or the medical team at Walter Reed, with access to all treatments that most Americans have not been offered.

Except, the wealthiest ones.
Talk about a dystopian irony: the superspreader event (allegedly) at the Rose Garden was to celebrate a nominee who is expected (imo) to vote to overturn the Affordable Care Act.

You agree that mask wearing is unnecessary? You think it's okay to hang out with a bunch of people, shaking hands, whispering in each other's ears hugging, all while mask-less?

Meh. I take and have taken a similar medications and much more powerful on numerous occasions. Some for long periods.

He likely only took it to prevent inflammation from taking hold and won't take it for long.
Please don't say things like that. Totally unfair.

Just because I don't share the disdain that many here have for President Trump doesn't mean I should be ridiculed.

Yes but I mean it's not that hard for a leader to refrain from publishing any comment that they feel like making at a given moment. I refrain quite a bit on my social media. And I'm a nobody. And some of these detrimental statements we have seen were right in public, out of his mouth, like mocking Biden for wearing a mask.
Ikwym, and agree. I personally don’t do social media at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu