CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
... Although he seemed to be happy working for Dia, maybe a part of him is relieved now to move on. Without Dia there, I don’t think he would ever feel safe or comfortable there now, working for a man he doesn’t trust, as he stated. Understandable!
MOO
Understandable for sure.
Isidro worked for Dia fourteen years.
KH says he's probably a "disgruntled employee" because he says KH is a mean man. MOO here, Isidro isn't the only one implying that though. Anyone that read that review knows why Isidro would be and should be scared to continue his employment with KH as his boss.

Also MOO, I don't think Isidro likes being unemployed now because KH decided to can him. The ranch is 116 acres and there must be plenty of work for Isidro still, but it seems KH had to get him completely off the property. Hmm... Isidro might feel safer not working there anymore, like you said, but Dia, the woman he worked for and rode horses with for 14 years, is gone. Gone! She disappeared and Isidro must wonder what the heck happened to her. It must bother him. It bothers me and I didn't even know her.
Where are Dia's friends when it counts the most?
Friends, and I hope Family will do what's right and fight for the justice we all deserve if someone, and I don't know who for sure, decides to disappear us and take what was ours. This needs to be investigated further. Dia needs more people voicing their concerns. Something does not seem right obviously. MOO, it is not a done deal that KH and DF are going to be running the ranch from now on.

This is all just my own opinion.

Moving on now...
I found this article from 2013 that is about Dia and her Bonita Vista Ranch, and how they had terrible flooding due to heavy rains and a prior fire in the surrounding area. Isidro is mentioned, too. In fact, it sounds like only the two of them were there on the ranch, at this period of time. No mention of her husband or kids. Did he and the kids stay mostly in La Jolla and she on the Ranch?
A quote: (my bold)
Severe flash flood warning • Idyllwild Town Crier
In this article, Isidro sounds like a hard-working man who Dia depended on. And Dia sounds very capable. It’s sad to read he seems to have been pushed out of the Ranch now with Dia missing.
This was a great find, slowpoke. I wanted to read a recent article there, but it won't let me unless I subscribe, but in any case it sounds like there's no news from the Sheriff. It's an article about the four people still missing from the area, Dia being one of them.

Riverside County Sheriff remains silent
"Four people are still officially listed as missing through the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department (RCSD).The Town Crier contacted RCSD media information bureau over the weekend for any updates on the cases of missing people Roy Prifogle, Melissa Lane, Dia Abrams and Rosario Garcia. As of press time, RCSD had not responded to our request for new information." (Says Read More, but not sure there is more.)

Idyllwild, California — news, events, visitor information, classifieds

I was hoping that the CBS reporter could have asked a few more questions to Isidro:
1. Was Diana there Sunday and stayed overnight?
2. Did Diana or anybody else have the opportunity to look inside the RV, prior to it's departure?
3. Was Dia or KH aware of the grow on the other property?
4. Did Isidro have any suspicion of the grow on the property?
5. Basically , was it common knowledge, if yes to whom?
Great questions. Hope CBS News8 does more Investigative Reporting on this case.
I really want to know who the last trustworthy person to see Dia was, other than KH.
* When was the last time Isidro saw Dia?
* Where's that water heater guy that was suppose to verify KH's story of the morning Dia went missing?
*Did the neighbor from the news article Diana S. see Dia that week?
I'm reconsidering what a few people have implied... that maybe Dia was missing longer and someone got a head start disappearing her.
I want to add my above questions. Hope CBS News8 knows how much we appreciate them and hope they keep doing interviews of Dia's caring friends and neighbors. I would expect DF would be willing to supply any helpful info to help find her friend and employer by doing a news interview. I don't understand why she declined.

Paying it Forward?
Maybe not in this lifetime...
MOO MOO MOooooo...
Receiving it backwards is a closer consideration.
For some there really seems to be No Honor,
Is it all about the dollar and self keeping?

Honor says one thing...
Lack of PUBLIC statements say something else...
The truth of Dia's situation is here and now, not some day down the road or never.

The perceived behavior of some continue on and on wether it is continued twisted statements from some, a lack of natural caring from others, and silence from the balance...
CHARACTER IS BEING DEFINED..

I wonder if some of Dia's other close friends are also are afraid of the "mean" KH? My hope is that they *are* talking to LE, but are perhaps not making public statements out of fear for their own safety.

Dia's seemingly fractured relationship with her deceased husband and living children adds to the oddness, but so far, it doesn't seem like they are involved in any way, even though they seem like the ones with a financial motive.

This is definitely a case where I hope a whole lot is going on behind the scenes!

There are a lot people that have an interest in the situation with Dia...
1st off most do not want to see anyone deprived of things, secondly there a lot of people who care for the well being of a fellow human being period.
Dia has made a lot of contact acquaintances, insurance reps, nurses, doctors, auto mechanics, bakers, handyman types, cosmetic/apparel shops, you name it...

The disappearance of Dia is a burr under the saddle so to speak, people genuinely care, someone stepped into the wrong arena on this one, totally underestimated.
Not letting go, not giving up...

Curious if lie detector test would be useful, ask to administer to certain peeps?

There's so much controversy regarding lie detector tests and if they are accurate and if they should be admissible in court. Some people show signs of their guilt. Get them talking and they may crack, but others are unflappable.

A fascinating case involving a lie detector test comes to mind. Chris Watts took a lie detector test and when Tammy Lee of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation artfully questioned him later Watts finally broke and confessed. You can watch it all on youtube.

MOO, I don't see as much stress or "tells of lying or guilt" from the only person so far to give details of how Dia went missing. Hardened perhaps, and not as much shakes him. Perhaps he's telling the truth and is innocent of any wrong doing. Or, perhaps it's a matter of being more familiar with LE, and the legal system, too, and having been in trouble and accused of something before. I doubt if they would agree to take a test. DF won't even give a news interview. Hmm... wonder if any of them have an attorney just in case they get named a suspect. You don't have to agree to a lie detector test though.

Should I Agree to Take a Lie Detector Test?
"You are never under any legal obligation to take a lie detector test in a criminal investigation. Even if police tell you the test is mandatory or they threaten you with arrest if you refuse to take one, you don’t have to. And volunteering for a test to prove your innocence can be risky, because the results of the test are not guaranteed be accurate."

There's so much controversy regarding lie detector tests and if they are accurate and if they should be admissible in court. Some people show signs of their guilt. Get them talking and they may crack, but others are unflappable.

A fascinating case involving a lie detector test comes to mind. Chris Watts took a lie detector test and when Tammy Lee of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation artfully questioned him later Watts finally broke and confessed. You can watch it all on youtube.

MOO, I don't see as much stress or "tells of lying or guilt" from the only person so far to give details of how Dia went missing. Hardened perhaps, and not as much shakes him. Perhaps he's telling the truth and is innocent of any wrong doing. Or, perhaps it's a matter of being more familiar with LE, and the legal system, too, and having been in trouble and accused of something before. I doubt if they would agree to take a test. DF won't even give a news interview. Hmm... wonder if any of them have an attorney just in case they get named a suspect. You don't have to agree to a lie detector test though.

Should I Agree to Take a Lie Detector Test?
"You are never under any legal obligation to take a lie detector test in a criminal investigation. Even if police tell you the test is mandatory or they threaten you with arrest if you refuse to take one, you don’t have to. And volunteering for a test to prove your innocence can be risky, because the results of the test are not guaranteed be accurate."

Thank you!

Reread the latest article. Somehow, this part makes me uncomfortable—just doesn’t feel right (quoted from the latest cbs8 article):
“Dia spelled it out that it was to become a reserve. And that is what our intent – both me and Diana -- is to make that into a reserve,” Harper said in a recent telephone interview.

Harper said he plans to bring in burros from Arizona to be part of the reserve.

“A reserve in memory of her. It is to never be sold and always remain as a reserve for animals,” Harper said.
Fiancé of missing woman takes over as trustee of ranch near Idyllwild | cbs8.com

I think what bothers me about it, is how it sounds so much that he’s already making plans for the property. What about searching for her? She’s still out there somewhere. Maybe he has a private investigator working behind the scenes to find her? Why talk of bringing in burros and making the property a reserve—right now?

I guess he just thinks so differently. I feel like my days and mind would be consumed with: What happened to her? Did she run off, or was she taken? Where is she? How can we find her?
If this is the love of my life, I can’t at this stage think of something “in memory of” her. Maybe a community vigil “in honor of” her instead—to get her name out, feel support. I think I’d like to keep her Ranch just as she last saw it, for now. It’d be too soon for my mind to go there.

I suppose we all think and grieve differently, so this is just MOO.

I met KH on the ranch without knowing any of this background. He told a very different story about his life. I started digging around after some confusing stories and red flags from our conversations. I have spent the past several nights catching up on all of this and doing my own research. I don’t even know what my thoughts are at this point, or where to begin. I’ve been given advice to “just stay out of it.”

...I think what bothers me about it, is how it sounds so much that he’s already making plans for the property. What about searching for her? She’s still out there somewhere...
Sure seems like he's so over it. Moving on. They were suppose to get married? Oh well, she's gone. Could be it's no mystery to him. Anyways, he's the boss now. He has all the say on the property. MOO, plenty of people are taking notice of a somewhat callous disregard to search further. I can only surmise he knows more than we do about where Dia is.

...and then there is the good ole "Safe Return" clause.... some look like their winding up like a pitcher working feverishly... for?

Sent flyers to BLM, I wonder if her friends went that far?

I am not sure if there was any benefit for Dia to disappear at this point ???

I met KH on the ranch without knowing any of this background. He told a very different story about his life. I started digging around after some confusing stories and red flags from our conversations. I have spent the past several nights catching up on all of this and doing my own research. I don’t even know what my thoughts are at this point, or where to begin. I’ve been given advice to “just stay out of it.”

1st off welcome to the forum, as strange as the forum is, there is indeed some very genuine nice caring peeps on the site...
Please, please please share with the authorities on the flyer what the red flags were that led you here, there could be one item that could be the tipping point, justice is seemingly hard to come by in some places, please do not hold back. Equip LE (Law Enforcement) with all that you can, again welcome to the sight!!!

Thank you so much! I actually left a voicemail for the reporter, David this morning. I figured I would see what was happening and if he thinks any of the info would be at all helpful to law enforcement? It's really nothing like concrete evidence, just strange comments that didn't add up. He told me his wife died in a car accident 6 months ago...and cried while telling the story. I felt so sorry for him. I had no idea about any of this until we returned and I started researching, because I was confused about a few different things. He also stated (out of no where) that the ranch was a perfect place to bring children because "there are no kidnappers or anything around here." That was what freaked me out the most after I learned what happened to his fiancee. How do you make that statement when your fiancee disappeared from this very location just four months ago? Again, I don't think any of this info would be really helpful... just anecdotal at this point. What do you guys think?

Welcome Gracey1820. Everything I say here is MOO and my own thoughts. You have confirmed what I've been hoping. By the way, I'm surprised it's that safe for children out there near all those rattle snakes, an illegal grow site and a RSO. Those are facts.

In general, it's only a matter of time before a liar or worse is revealed because they usually continue wagging their tongue. Some people tend to go on talking binges. They may ramble and even weave stories out of lies; however, sometimes there's a tiny bit of truth woven into the lies. I think we have a talker, I believe some guests may have run into a motormouth. A loose cannon can't control his or her own mouth. A slip of the tongue brings down the whole structure. More crimes get solved by someone knowing something that shouldn't have been shared. You see it all the time in jails when one inmate tells another inmate important facts about a crime they denied doing to LE. A partner in crime is also a dangerous liability because they may talk too, or sell you out later in a plea deal.

Welcome. It's as though we were all called to help Dia be found and get justice if someone has harmed her.

animated-cow-image-0054.gif

Welcome Gracey1820. Everything I say here is MOO and my own thoughts. You have confirmed what I've been hoping. By the way, I'm surprised it's that safe for children out there near all those rattle snakes, an illegal grow site and a RSO. Those are facts.

In general, it's only a matter of time before a liar or worse is revealed because they usually continue wagging their tongue. Some people tend to go on talking binges. They may ramble and even weave stories out of lies; however, sometimes there's a tiny bit of truth woven into the lies. I think we have a talker, I believe some guests may have run into a motormouth. A loose cannon can't control his or her own mouth. A slip of the tongue brings down the whole structure. More crimes get solved by someone knowing something that shouldn't have been shared. You see it all the time in jails when one inmate tells another inmate important facts about a crime they denied doing to LE. A partner in crime is also a dangerous liability because they may talk too, or sell you out later in a plea deal.

Welcome. It's as though we were all called to help Dia be found and get justice if someone has harmed her.

animated-cow-image-0054.gif
Nice cattle at the end of the blurb, now all it needs a gif file to say "Moooooo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member