Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wanted to run away, I doubt he would have gone to the gym, first. He would have left and gone on his merry way at 4:45 a.m. when he and his husband left the house. This sounds like a carjacking from what I've been able to gather from the comments. If it's true that carjackers can quickly disable GPS, as one of you said, then it's not odd at all that they can't track the vehicle. This poor guy is probably in a ditch somewhere or in someone's car thief workshop/garage (not sure what the correct term is).

A carjacker is a solo act. A lot of car THIEVES work in pairs or teams. Like I said in an earlier post - Dallas is a city where cars get boosted professionally.

On foot at that hour in that area would be facilitated by the major DART Rail/Bus Hub across the street from that gym.

ETA:
Unless he headed AWAY from 75 on Haskell leaving the gym or cut back North on Capitol - There will be multiple business with exterior security cameras in all other directions. If he cut through the aforementioned residential areas - There are a lot of older houses and duplexes. I would imagine only a small percentage of them would have a ring cam or similar.
Maybe I’m not understanding what you are saying. I *think* we said the same thing? My point was if he was carjacked the carjacker would have to have either left his own car behind, been on foot or had someone else as an additional driver.

But really how often do -random- carjackers take their victims?

I wonder if he has heart problems? Could he have had a heart attack on the way home and ended up in an obscure ditch?

Is Alan a native Texan? I saw a dark colored Porsche Macan in my recent travels and it is so out of place in my area. I live in a remote, upscale tourist destination in NC, and it's not typically patronized by people from Texas. Most people drive vehicles that can handle the sand and flooding that are common to this area.
Might be worth following up on. I’m guessing you must have noticed Texas tags? It appears he may have owned a home in Provincetown, Massachusetts according to this post on his Instagram. Login • Instagram

While I can’t say for certain, it does not appear so. If you look at his Facebook and those public postings of his siblings many tag the West Virginia area as their hometown. His profile says he went to Dennison University.
Interesting...we do get many visitors from WV, so it's more likely that he might know of this area.

Might be worth following up on. I’m guessing you must have noticed Texas tags? It appears he may have owned a home in Provincetown, Massachusetts according to this post on his Instagram. Login • Instagram
I did not notice the plates but TX has a white background like our license plates do. The car was so low to the ground that I probably wouldn't have seen it once the car behind it passed me (Porsche was headed north, I was going south).

I did not notice the plates but TX has a white background like our license plates do. The car was so low to the ground that I probably wouldn't have seen it once the car behind it passed me (Porsche was headed north, I was going south).

And didn't I read somewehere that this car is a rental? Oftentimes rental cars have license plates that differ from the state they're actually located in.

And didn't I read somewehere that this car is a rental? Oftentimes rental cars have license plates that differ from the state they're actually located in.
Yes it’s a dealer loaner while his car was being serviced
A video camera captured Alan White leaving an LA Fitness on Haskell in Dallas at 5:38 a.m. He had gone there to work out.
Snipped
Davies was one of many people who spent the weekend searching Dallas for White's vehicle. He was driving a black Porsche Macan loaner while his car was being serviced.

View attachment 269313

Family, friends desperate to find missing Dallas man - WFAA-TV
(video at link)

I wonder if the Porsche had dealer plates on it. We have them here in Ohio, and it looks like TX does, too.
https://www.txdmv.gov/assets/img/plp_dealer.jpg

But, if we follow the theory that the vehicle was stolen by an experienced car theif, would it have the same plates on it? I feel like if it were me, I'd switch the plates ASAP.

BBM The information about the phone initially ringing and then going to straight to voicemail makes me think:
  • Confirms he had his phone with him
  • This wasn't on purpose or he would have likely turned off immediately not after two hours.
  • Foul play is involved and it was something rather quick where the perp incapacitated Alan but didn't take any extra action to destroy phone. Although phone could have been quickly thrown out a window.
  • Likely Alan didn't use a phone tracking app.
  • Can LE trace last pings when people were calling and phone was still ringing?
MOO
If the phone was ringing they can and will find where it was when it was active- at least they will have a last known location for the phone which might indicate if it was way outside where he should have been or if he was on his way home.

Something about this doesn't feel like a carjacking. High end cars are actually not targeted as often as pickup trucks and more ordinary cars like Nissans and Toyotas (according to an LE friend of mine anyway). A Porsche doesn't automatically make you a bigger target

No smoking gun, just a bunch of stuff that is just a little bit off-

The fact he spent so little time in the gym.

That they left at the same time for separate gyms.

The fact that a missing person report was filed after only 3-4 hours.

The fact that no credit cards or bank cards were used.

The fact that his phone was still on until it went dead.

That they filmed him leaving the gym but on a short drive to his house (which is where he should have been heading) they haven't found the car.

I believe the model is a Macan and it's a smaller sized SUV that would sit higher than an average Porsche, IMO

Something about this doesn't feel like a carjacking. High end cars are actually not targeted as often as pickup trucks and more ordinary cars like Nissans and Toyotas (according to an LE friend of mine anyway). A Porsche doesn't automatically make you a bigger target

That they filmed him leaving the gym but on a short drive to his house (which is where he should have been heading) they haven't found the car.

It does seem rather odd that someone would be reported missing only a few hours after they were last seen. The only thing I can think of where that makes sense is, if the person had a vitally important meeting or event they didn't show up for. Like a scheduled surgery, or a critically time sensitive meeting with a lawyer - something BIG, that you know they'd never miss on purpose.

That he remains missing a week later without any banking or phone activity, would indicate the missing person report after just a few hours, was the right call of course, but it still seems odd.

jmo

You and I are on the same page.

Can someone link his social media pages please?

I just don't get a carjacking that early in the morning.. Of course it's possible, but I just don't see it. MOO

There's been a nationwide uptick in property crime during Covid, and while I agree that carjacking is odd at that time of day, my daughter was recently assaulted at a gas station at 5:45 am (and she said there were at least 6 people working together to beg money and block entries/exits to the convenience store at the gas station - all of them appeared to be tweakers). She goes to the same gas station all the time, and didn't give it a second thought that she was there way earlier than usual.

I should add that where I live, we know there's no point in calling police unless serious injury occurred (she was not seriously injured - it's a type of assault that is happening frequently to women here in California - and elsewhere, it's meant to intimidate, and then someone else comes up and asks for money). The group blocked her ability to get back into her car, so she had to go into the store, where the clerk then walked her out a locked exit and to her car. Even so, she was approached one more time by someone standing at her car window pleading for money, close enough that she feared she would hit them as she left...

Early morning crime is not uncommon for tweakers, apparently. I do think that the sheer lack of other people being around (all day long) gives criminals more opportunity. It's possible that Alan was the only person at a stoplight, for example - or that he did stop for gas and encounter trouble.

I am also thinking of Kathleen Ryan
Her case is a mystery to me. I followed and researched intently. I may see what you are thinking if you are thinking what I was but that info never made it anywhere.

This one has a few odd layers. I am also thinking of Jake Cefolia. Missing still, Range Rover abandoned. Just turned 50 and executive. IL - IL - Jake Cefolia, 49, jogging, car found, SVP of United Airlines, Chicago, 6 Aug 2020

Questions-
  • What did Alan do before this position?
  • Has he been working from home?
  • How long are his normal workouts?
  • How busy is gym at that time.
  • Where does he normally park?
  • Any recent staff changes at the gym?
  • It’s been said this was routine for him, was anything else routine after the gym? A coffee, a smoothie stop, etc?
  • How long had his car been in the shop?
  • What did he normally drive?
  • Does he normally use the Porsche connect /and or is familiar with it?
  • Does he workout in earbuds? Have Apple Watch? Fitbit?
  • Does he have a Snapchat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member