Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems fast to me IMO

It's very fast. For someone woefully out of shape, such as myself, 30 minutes is a decent workout. But he looks like someone who exercises regularly, so he probably does it for more than 30 minutes at a time. I wonder if he got a call or something that caused him to leave early.

I agree, the timeline is weird on this one.

If he left his house at 4:45am then arriving at 5:00am makes sense. There should be a time stamp on his account.

Leaving at 5:30ish doesn't make a whole lot of sense, it might not be accurate and closer to 6:00am.

His missing person report was filed at 11:00am that same day? Does that seem a little fast for an adult?
It does seem fast, but I think he missed an expected meeting at 7:30.

Also, I’m just noting that it would have still been completely dark at 6 am.

If someone knew that the dealer cars do not have gps that would add to the targeting IMHO. In my town the luxury car dealers have stickers for their dealership in vinyl letters on the back windows. Wonder if the dealership has had other instances?

That gym is in such a big complex. But to be targeted (carjacked) there would mean someone else left their vehicle, was on foot or part of duo. What are those odds at 6 am? Any abandoned vehicles in that area?

Was he working in his office? I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that he was doing his conference call from home. The gym was 15 minutes from his house, he could have worked out an hour or more and still had time to get home, showered, and dressed, if he was planning to go back home.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Missing Person / NamUs #MP74928
James Alan White, Male, White / Caucasian

74928_363774.jpg

Date of Last Contact: October 22, 2020
Missing From: Dallas, Texas
Missing Age: 55 Years
Current Age: 55 Years
First Name: James
Middle Name: Alan
Last Name: White
Nickname/Alias: Alan
Sex: Male
Height: 5' 11" (71 Inches)
Weight: 160 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
NamUs Case Created: October 23, 2020
County: Dallas County

Circumstances of Disappearance
First name is James, but usually goes by Alan. Was last talked to before leaving to the gym on his usual routine around 4:20 AM. Confirmed that he went to LA fitness located at Haskell ave and clocked in at 5AM but was not heard from after that. Phone was at first ringing with no one picking up to finally going straight to voice mail after a couple hours.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Gray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description: Short and clean cut
Facial Hair Description: No facial hair
Left Eye Color: Blue
Right Eye Color: Blue

Transportation
2020 Porsche
Style: Luxury
Color: Black
State: Texas
License Plate: 8F4972
Comments: Rented black Porsche Macan with license plate number 8F4972

Investigating Agencies
CASE OWNER
Dallas Police Department
(214) 671-4268

Agency Case Number: 188623-2020
Latoya Carrington, Detective

It’s hard to believe his car hasn’t been spotted ... but if it was hijacked it could have travelled a long way in six days ... a strange situation for sure...hoping for more information soon...moo

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Missing Person / NamUs #MP74928
James Alan White, Male, White / Caucasian

View attachment 269568

Missing From: Dallas, Texas
Missing Age: 55 Years
Current Age: 55 Years
First Name: James
Middle Name: Alan
Last Name: White
Nickname/Alias: Alan
Sex: Male
Height: 5' 11" (71 Inches)
Weight: 160 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
NamUs Case Created: October 23, 2020
County: Dallas County

Circumstances of Disappearance
First name is James, but usually goes by Alan. Was last talked to before leaving to the gym on his usual routine around 4:20 AM. Confirmed that he went to LA fitness located at Haskell ave and clocked in at 5AM but was not heard from after that. Phone was at first ringing with no one picking up to finally going straight to voice mail after a couple hours.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Gray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description: Short and clean cut
Facial Hair Description: No facial hair
Left Eye Color: Blue
Right Eye Color: Blue

Transportation
2020 Porsche
Style: Luxury
Color: Black
State: Texas
License Plate: 8F4972
Comments: Rented black Porsche Macan with license plate number 8F4972

Investigating Agencies
CASE OWNER
Dallas Police Department
(214) 671-4268

Agency Case Number: 188623-2020
Latoya Carrington, Detective

BBM The information about the phone initially ringing and then going to straight to voicemail makes me think:
  • Confirms he had his phone with him
  • This wasn't on purpose or he would have likely turned off immediately not after two hours.
  • Foul play is involved and it was something rather quick where the perp incapacitated Alan but didn't take any extra action to destroy phone. Although phone could have been quickly thrown out a window.
  • Likely Alan didn't use a phone tracking app.
  • Can LE trace last pings when people were calling and phone was still ringing?
MOO

According to his LinkedIn profile, White was a managing director in the CIO Advisory practice of KPMG in Dallas, with a focus on cloud transformation services. He has worked at KPMG since February 2020.

White, who is married, previously worked at Grant Thornton, IBM, and PwC.

According to WFAA, the family is working to obtain a court order to attempt to locate his cellphone.

A $10,000 reward has been offered for anyone who might have information about where White might be.

Anyone with info on White’s whereabouts should call (800) 403-8024

KPMG Managing Director Reported Missing By Family; Reward Offered - Going Concern

This story caught my eye because I've worked with both of these companies for audits. Curious if there were any difficulties or issues for Alan at work? He hasn't been with KPMG very long, so I would think not, but what about GT? Whistle Blower actions?

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
references | DESIGN + DEVELOPMENT

As Alan's brother pointed out, it's pretty straight shot through a very populated area to his home. Cameras, cameras cameras, everywhere along that route. It shouldn't be too hard to track his progress that morning.

Family and friends of a Dallas man missing for one week say they are growing increasingly concerned that Alan White is in danger.

[...]

"Two weeks ago we were making New Year’s Eve plans and we were supposed to go to the Arboretum on Saturday... and things like that and just all of a sudden for it to be ripped away has been hard to comes to grips with,” said friend Matt Davies.

A $10,000 reward for information leading to his return is now being offered.

Anyone with information is urged to call Dallas Police.

$10,000 Reward Offered in Disappearance of KPMG Executive
(video at link)

Family and friends of a Dallas man missing for one week say they are growing increasingly concerned that Alan White is in danger.
[...]
"Two weeks ago we were making New Year’s Eve plans and we were supposed to go to the Arboretum on Saturday... and things like that and just all of a sudden for it to be ripped away has been hard to comes to grips with,” said friend Matt Davies.

A $10,000 reward for information leading to his return is now being offered.

Anyone with information is urged to call Dallas Police.

$10,000 Reward Offered in Disappearance of KPMG Executive
(video at link)
We've heard from Alan's friends and brother, curious why we haven't heard from his husband?

That gym is in such a big complex. But to be targeted (carjacked) there would mean someone else left their vehicle, was on foot or part of duo. What are those odds at 6 am? Any abandoned vehicles in that area?

A carjacker is a solo act. A lot of car THIEVES work in pairs or teams. Like I said in an earlier post - Dallas is a city where cars get boosted professionally.

On foot at that hour in that area would be facilitated by the major DART Rail/Bus Hub across the street from that gym.

ETA:
Unless he headed AWAY from 75 on Haskell leaving the gym or cut back North on Capitol - There will be multiple business with exterior security cameras in all other directions. If he cut through the aforementioned residential areas - There are a lot of older houses and duplexes. I would imagine only a small percentage of them would have a ring cam or similar.

Last edited:
Is Alan a native Texan? I saw a dark colored Porsche Macan in my recent travels and it is so out of place in my area. I live in a remote, upscale tourist destination in NC, and it's not typically patronized by people from Texas. Most people drive vehicles that can handle the sand and flooding that are common to this area.

Last edited:
Is Alan a native Texan? I saw a dark colored Porsche Macan in my recent travels and it is so out of place in my area. I live in a remote, upscale tourist destination in NC, and it's not typically patronized by people from Texas. Most people drive vehicles that can handle the sand and flooding that are common to this area.
While I can’t say for certain, it does not appear so. If you look at his Facebook <modsnip> His profile says he went to Dennison University.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members