Norway Norway - Oslo, WhtFem 20-30, Fake Name, shot in hotel room, Jun'95

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a difficult handwriting, every e is written differently than the others.

Correct, but not just the e... Below the 8 the point appears to be from an i and the letter behind the t in (let's say) Station seems to be an a if you compare it with the a in the word "la". So most likely the a is followed by a t which brings us down to St a t ion. You might take the last letter into question and read it as an u but the word combinations wouldn't make sense

7968 is a postal code for Hungary. Assuming people have gone down that rabbit hole already? I do not read German very well, so have not made much progress in the other threads aside for looking through images.

7968 is a postal code for Hungary. Assuming people have gone down that rabbit hole already? I do not read German very well, so have not made much progress in the other threads aside for looking through images.

Not as far as I know... for which City in Hungary?

Google translator is doing pretty good in english <-> german, give him a chance ;)

It's a difficult handwriting, every e is written differently than the others.

Agree, one letter even looks like O; and the inconsistency in the letters is all over the place... that's why I thought it did read Slonde (as mentioned above). I guess she was under pressure to go undetected, making stuff up with pieces of real data, all mixed in together.

Thanks @OliverCromwell for helping us out, you are way ahead of the game in all this. Agree with you: a bit of speculation generates leads and ideas, but it is better to stick to facts. And from the sketches you shared, this one (attached) seems more accurate compared to the post-mortem pictures.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 3.37.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 3.37.30 PM.png
    403 KB · Views: 37

Nice, @Beekarina. I did look up 7568 (as the handwriting is all over the place, the 9 could be a 5), and it is in Bradvari, Bulgaria.

The name is Felsőszentmárton. I am trying to see if there is anything interesting about it. Probably nothing, and just a coincidence.

Ok, we have a new trace to look at. I would start with checking

- the Interpol website for Yellow notes if a person has been reported missing in Hungary who looks similiar to Jennifer View Yellow Notices
- search google for any local hungarian website about missing persons
- search Facebook for any community group, trying to get access to it to start an appeal to see if anyone can remember her

For such appeals on Facebook I would suggest to create an additional account to keep your privacy. When you are looking up in countries with a high crime rate it is useful if nobody can trace you back as you don't know why the person you are looking for had to die...

Oliver, Jost and all who have posted recently, it is great to have you all breathe some new life into this , it is always good when we all get our heads churning. I tend to read more than post but maybe this info will help in some way.

In regards to the Hungarian zip code. As a historian I became my family’s historian by default lol. Anyway, along the way I learned quite a bit about German Hungarians. They are also referred to as Danube Swabians and are one of the largest minority groups in Hungary.

In doing a quick Wikipedia search of the county the zip is located I found the following demographics: (forgive me, not my first choice for primary research sources but in terms of demographics it does the trick).

Baranya Country demos.:
Baranya County - Wikipedia
“Baranya has the largest number of minorities in Hungary (more than twice the country average), providing home to 34% of the German minority and 32% of the Southern Slav minorities in Hungary.”

Also just as a general reference, a brief intro to German Hungarians:
Germans of Hungary - Wikipedia

Suffice to say, it certainly stands within reason that she could be from Hungary and be fluent in German.

The only pause I have with this is in regards to the tooth analysis. Then again she could have lived in both Hungary and German at various points in her life.

I am on and off again super busy these days but I enjoy navigating this type of research. I will try to dig a bit deeper to see more info about that specific town but hopefully this is of interest someone in the interim.
Hopefully, I can find some time soon to poke around and see if I come across anything. You guys are pros but I enjoy at least reading and trying :)
(Edited by me for typos)

Last edited:
So I have another epiphany! I had I weird thought that perhaps we were reading the address all wrong and it didn't read "Rue de la Station, 6568 Verlaine" but instead "Rue de la Verlaine" 6568 Station.

I went ahead and searched on Google Maps and found several possibilities in Belgium but one in particular in Paliseul with the name "Rue Paul Verlaine" in is a small segment of a road that later changes its name to "Rue de la Station". The postcode in that area is 6850 and it does not have nr 148, as it is only a small segment of the larger road. "Rue de la station" has a nr 148 but it is further down. Apparently in this road lies the ancestral house of the poet Paul Verlaine. There are some old townhouses over there but some construction work going on as well.

* What does 2DY NON mean on the registration card? And what is 3C as nationality? Is that a P on top of the 3 in the nationality box? Was she going to write “Poland”, which is right next and east of Germany

The "3C" is nagging at me. I know I have seen this before, but am not sure when or where, or if it is in anyway meaningful. I used to work in the travel industry, in the the same time period....
BBM
I think 3C is actually BE for Belgium

Hmm....the thin thread of a possible reference to a poet reminds me again of Camilla, and her deceased poet boyfriend Michael Strunge Jensen. You would think Camilla would have been easily ruled out by police though? There are not very many European women missing and listed on Interpol who are even close to the correct age, time missing and so on. I cannot find any in Hungary who match, but will try a new social media account.

Looking at the card again, and considering the possibility of the address jotted down in another order Rue Stendhal almost seems possible as well. I found one in Roeun, France.

Edited to add when I read her writing, I see it as " Sten'de" or "Stan'de"or "Ston'de" , substituting the n with an h, 50/50.

It may be possible Jennifer, if she was murdered, left some clues if she knew she was in danger? A fake address would be a good place to hide some small truths.

Last edited:
Perhaps that is not an R, but a P? And we are assuming it is Rue, since that makes more logical sense? There is also something before 148. Another D? Do any of you have thoughts?

Serial posting again, sorry! Stende is a town in Latvia, and also a river. Just noting this.

So, what might Jennifer have been referencing if she had written Pli de la Stende? or Plie de la Stende? It could translate to "folds of the river"? Or something like this? She doesn't uniformly dot her i's, so I am not sure again, which letter she intends.

I probably need more coffee! I am 100% the one here who will make strange leaps when the others are hard logic. I will try to keep it minimal.

Hmm....the thin thread of a possible reference to a poet reminds me again of Camilla, and her deceased poet boyfriend Michael Strunge Jensen. You would think Camilla would have been easily ruled out by police though? There are not very many European women missing and listed on Interpol who are even close to the correct age, time missing and so on. I cannot find any in Hungary who match, but will try a new social media account.

Looking at the card again, and considering the possibility of the address jotted down in another order Rue Stendhal almost seems possible as well. I found one in Roeun, France.

Edited to add when I read her writing, I see it as " Sten'de" or "Stan'de"or "Ston'de" , substituting the n with an h, 50/50.

It may be possible Jennifer, if she was murdered, left some clues if she knew she was in danger? A fake address would be a good place to hide some small truths.

Speaking of Camilla, we had said before she was taller than Jennifer. However, based on the link I shared recently, the latter person's measurements have been revisited, as follows:

"* In addition, at VG’s request, the Oslo police have had new height measurements performed on the woman at Oslo University Hospital, based on the remains exhumed from the grave. At the autopsy, the woman’s height was measured at 159 cm. The new calculations, using two different systems, reached a similar conclusion, but suggested she might have been slightly taller. One put her height at 160.8 cm and the other at 161.8 cm, both with a margin of error of four centimetres."

Not speculating that Jennifer is Camilla, but, with these new measurements, do the possibilities seem to narrow?

I noticed that too Jost, when reading yesterday. A discrepancy finding Jennifer + 4cm is closer in height to Camilla, but still not quite tall enough. I wonder how accurate Camilla's height is?

A lot about Camilla's case also seems a bit odd to me. I wanted to see if I could find anything about her time in Hornbaek, and I found this article about her unclaimed inheritance...which has her disappearing at age 20, instead of 25. A simple error, or something else?

Ingen spor: Kvinde forsvundet på 20. år

A photo of Camilla compared to the sketch Jost shared.I cannot quite let go of this as possible, even though I think Camilla does appear taller than the height range given for Jennifer. download.jpg Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 3.37.30 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSlider