Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinCAL

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
FYI for newer members and reminder for veteran WSers ...

Reddit is not an approved source at Websleuths.

Also, social media comments from anyone other than MSM, LE, or a WS approved source are not allowed for discussion.

Some posts have been removed. Please post accordingly. Thanks

Excerpt from The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc

NOT ALLOWED

No names or images of minor children are allowed unless they are the victim under discussion (i.e. deceased or missing child)

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from their personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

ADMIN NOTE:

If you aren't sure if something is allowed, please check The Rules first. If it's still not clear then ask a Mod or Admin BEFORE posting it.

Mods and Admins can't possibly sit in each of our hundreds of threads 24/7 to read posts in real time, watching for someone to maybe say something to them. IOW, we don't see things like "Mods please delete if not allowed".

Mods don't even know a question exists for us unless someone Reports on it. If you've posted something against The Rules and we don't know it, that post may be up for days and generate numerous responses (and responses to responses). By the time we become aware of it, we may have to review 20+ pages of posts to find all the responses ... all because someone didn't ask or didn't let us know.

Please use the Report feature. It exists to get our attention !!

Thank you.

My thoughts...if Bernadette was killed ( & I’m assuming the police have good evidence) in the course of, or after a heated argument, her body may initially have been hurriedly hidden....but then when the perpetrator had more time...&/or perhaps help.....moved her body to a better hiding place.

( As we think may have happened in the case of Gannon Stauch)

I’ve always assumed that a killer would likely choose a place they’re somewhat familiar with, as they need a hiding place they know to be ‘off the beaten track’ to reduce risk of discovery ( or at least delay interval between the death & discovery for as long as possible, to reduce incriminating evidence.)

Eventually at trial we’ll learn what evidence the police have, that makes them so sure that Bernadette is deceased.

I feel so sad for this poor teenager & her siblings who loved her.

All MOO

Exactly. Plenty of time, particularly if the murderer had help with hiding the body, cleaning up evidence, creating a cover story & providing an alibi.

This is where I think Bernadette’s mother was involved, IF she was involved.....but if this is the case, I’m surprised her charges don’t reflect this.

Who knows what story he concocted about the circumstances to persuade the co-accused to help him.

He may have suggested she risked losing all her children if the truth came out.

Perusing the step-father’s FB, I get the impression of a fantasist & a liar ( particularly in light of the comment from a close family member citing he was abusive)

Seems to think he is SO clever & able to fool people by making FB comments, such as, pleading directly to Bernadette to come home...but is so transparent.

I know these sentiments have already been mooted. Just frustrating & sad waiting for developments, as police search for Bernadette.

All MOO.

Given the charges against the step father, one would not be surprised if abuse lies at the centre of this.

We'll have to see what comes out at trial.

Trying to think of another case where an adult murders a older teenager in a domestic context? Usually these things involve younger kids

I got a bit obsessed with this case last night. There’s a lot of gossip and hearsay floating around the internet if you look in the right places.

JMO but I believe the step father is a controlling narcissist who had been terrorizing that home for the last couple years. If he’s responsible, and his partner is covering for him, there may still be hope that she’ll give him up and do the right thing before the trial in March.

LE seems to be quite focused on searching for Bernadette in certain areas, which would lead me to believe they have quite a bit of info (cell tower data?) about the parent’s whereabouts. Fingers crossed they find her so that there can be closure for her siblings - it’s obvious they are in a lot of pain right now and have gone through a lot in that home. I really hope they will be well taken care of and get the support/counseling they need to help them with their trauma.

I've been following this case for a while now, heartbreaking.
If mum was just helping to cover it up, how can she still not tell where Bernadette is so she could have a proper funeral and closing for her siblings? MOO.
Was her birth father in the picture at all?
I hope all the family gets the help they need to process this and that finally Bernadette can rest in peace soon.

If mum was just helping to cover it up, how can she still not tell where Bernadette is so she could have a proper funeral and closing for her siblings? MOO.
I hope all the family gets the help they need to process this and that finally Bernadette can rest in peace soon.

Obviously all this is speculation. But narcissists/sociopaths are very good at manipulating people. Especially women in abusive relationships. She might be covering for him hoping they wont get enough evidence to prosecute him. But maybe after a few months of being in jail, separated from him, and facing down a trial, she’ll crack. JMO.

She may have helped cover up Bernadette's murder but she actually may not know where her body is located. If she didn't go with her husband, she may not be able to assist in directing LE.

Just a thought.

I got a bit obsessed with this case last night. There’s a lot of gossip and hearsay floating around the internet if you look in the right places.

JMO but I believe the step father is a controlling narcissist who had been terrorizing that home for the last couple years. If he’s responsible, and his partner is covering for him, there may still be hope that she’ll give him up and do the right thing before the trial in March.

LE seems to be quite focused on searching for Bernadette in certain areas, which would lead me to believe they have quite a bit of info (cell tower data?) about the parent’s whereabouts. Fingers crossed they find her so that there can be closure for her siblings - it’s obvious they are in a lot of pain right now and have gone through a lot in that home. I really hope they will be well taken care of and get the support/counseling they need to help them with their trauma.
What’s your take on the mom?

What’s your take on the mom?

Honestly, I’m not really sure what to make of her. Her social media presence makes me think she’s desperate for attention (as some have said in previous thread, her twitter documents her children’s rare illnesses in a way that feels a bit pathological). She seems to love her kids and she seemed to have a good relationship with Bernadette (although honestly who really knows). But she brought a dangerous man into her life and into her home with her children. This is completely MOO but my guess is that she was besotted by him and they had a codependant relationship where he manipulated her and she enabled his violence/anger.

I look forward to hearing the full story come out in court.

Oh I agree totally.

I'm just throwing it out there that perhaps she wasn't with her husband when he disposed of the body and therefore can't assist LE in the search.

I'm not from the UK so not entirely familiar with the charge of "murder by joint enterprise", but I assume it means that she either participated in the actual murder or the disposal of the body. So if it's true, I'm guessing she does indeed know where BW is, or could help LE in other ways.

If mom doesn’t was only involved with helping dispose of body, covering up the murder or providing a false alibi, then wouldn’t she have different charges? Perverting the course of justice, assisting an offender etc.

Shes charged with murder (joint enterprise) which implies she’s just as involved as he is.

I wouldn’t put too much into the rumours floating around or the comments from the sibling, he’s a grieving relative with a lot to process. Those close to an offender often don’t know and don’t want to believe their loved one is capable of such things. As happens in many cases.

all MOO

RSBM
I wouldn’t put too much into the rumours floating around or the comments from the sibling, he’s a grieving relative with a lot to process. Those close to an offender often don’t know and don’t want to believe their loved one is capable of such things. As happens in many cases.

all MOO
Plus, to be perfectly honest there’s no proof anyone is ever who they say they are on social media, which is why we have to be careful taking too much of it as gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu