SC SC - Brandy Hanna, 32, North Charleston, 20 May 2005

The episode states that the " go-phone " was on the nightstand Charging . But the new phone was missing . Was it ever pinged ? The episode did not say .
And now the red truck the witness saw her leave in cannot be located ? Hmm

TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wondered the exact same thing. My guess is they waited too long (like with trying to get the phone records for who called Brandy at work that day) and the records were no longer available.

A lot of questions about this case. Both guys worked for the same plumbing company, and drove similar trucks, and they looked a lot alike--especially from a distance. The owner of the company, Zeke's father, died a couple of years ago. I'll have to see the doc again, but I don't recall their saying that they had checked Zeke's alibi for the job he was supposedly working at the time she disappeared. The trucks were never examined for evidence, not quite sure why. I think one of the two was responsible, but I doubt we'll know for sure.

A lot of questions about this case. Both guys worked for the same plumbing company, and drove similar trucks, and they looked a lot alike--especially from a distance. The owner of the company, Zeke's father, died a couple of years ago. I'll have to see the doc again, but I don't recall their saying that they had checked Zeke's alibi for the job he was supposedly working at the time she disappeared. The trucks were never examined for evidence, not quite sure why. I think one of the two was responsible, but I doubt we'll know for sure.

I honestly think the police in the initial "investigation" (if you can call it that) did not look too hard at all! Ray said he was at that club that night and then later in the future his sister in law said after she had gone by Brandy's apartment to go swimsuit shopping and found she wasn't home she went by Ray's house to drop some things off - and that he was there. So which is it?? Seeing as Ray has since passed away and isn't here to answer any questions, I wonder if they went back to the club and talked to anyone and everyone who could possibly help out with his timeline. Side note: In my opinion I don't personally believe Ray is responsible for Brandy's disappearance but just pointing these gaping holes out in how the police handled everything in the beginning. So in saying that, I am pretty sure Zeke's "alibi" would of also gotten the same "extremely thorough" double checking that Ray's did (not!) :maddening:

Also assuming that Brandy's neighbour is a completely reliable witness and saw the red truck there - with the Jason mask that was only on Ray's truck - is it a possibility that Zeke decided to put a Jason mask on his truck that night just for the chance that his truck was spotted with Brandy and he wanted to make sure that the focus was squarely on Ray.

There's a lot of clues that really point to one person being responsible for this (in my view of course) and it's so frustrating that the ball was dropped in this case from the beginning. Hoping this new detective will catch the perpetrator and find poor Brandy.

It was Ray, 100%. Despite the lack of a body, I've seldom seen a case with such an obvious solution.

Not that this will mean anything, but I have some family connections in that area, and from what I've heard, many of Zeke's family won't have anything to do with him because they think he did it. Also, the investigator in a recent article said that he thinks the killer is still alive. Having watched the doc again, Zeke does come across looking more suspicious. I think it was weeks before Brandy was declared a missing person, and according to the doc, no one seems to know what happened to the trucks. It wasn't obvious to me whether the Lankford Plumbing trucks had any logos. What about cell phone pings? This case was pretty much botched when the original investigators decided that no crime had been committed.

A hiker making his way through a thicket of woods in New York happened upon an apparent shrine to missing people from across the nation, including North Charleston’s Brandy Hanna.
As he stumbled about the scene, Rankin zoomed in on one poster featuring Hanna, who vanished from North Charleston apartment 11 years ago without a trace.
Hanna disappeared May 20, 2005, from her Florida Avenue apartment, which is between Rivers and Spruill avenues.
After working a shift at Alex’s Restaurant on Dorchester Road, she went home, sent some text messages and spoke with her mother by friend. Then she vanished, leaving behind her money, her clothes or any hint of where she had gone. In June, police revealed that a woman had recently provided “good information” about what happened and a suspect the department had already developed. But so far, that information hasn’t yielded a resolution to the case.

North Charleston police had no immediate comment on the site found in New York.
Read more: http://www.postandcourier.com/20161...reepy-missing-persons-shrine-site-in-new-york

http://counton2.com/2016/12/20/charges-filed-in-11-year-old-brandy-hanna-case/

Police investigating tip missing woman was sold to pay drug debt

Her former boyfriend Garland 'Zeke' Lankford was charged Tuesday with obstruction of justice for lying to investigators. The son of Michael McAdams Sr. says his son lived with Hanna before she left him to be with Lankford.

McAdams says he's been given information that Hanna was sold to drug dealers. "I was told that Brandy was collateral for Zeke Lankford's debt. Whether it's true or not I don't know, but I was told she was sent to Houston to pay off the debt," McAdams said Wednesday. Sgt. Ron Lacher, the lead detective in the Hanna case said there is no credible information that Hanna was sold to drug dealers, but he said investigators will look into that and any other tips or information that come their way.

North Charleston police have charged Brandy Hanna’s former boyfriend in connection with her disappearance more than 11 years ago.

Lacher has had access to Lankford, who moved to Greenville years ago, because he is currently in the Berkeley County jail facing charges of first-degree criminal sexual misconduct. He is accused of sexually assaulting a 7-year-old girl.

http://www.live5news.com/story/3410...g-tip-missing-woman-was-sold-to-pay-drug-debt

Garland “Zeke” Lankford, 40, faces one count of obstruction of justice after he recently made several statements in direct contradiction to earlier information he gave police in the weeks after Hanna vanished in 2005.

The most damning revelation is Lankford’s admission that he “may have gone” to Hanna’s apartment on the night she disappeared.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/...cle_e8e9681a-c719-11e6-9554-d3dece94066c.html

Another point that was mentioned in a recent article:

One of the tips that came in after she went missing said that the caller (a male) had seen her getting into McAdams' truck that night. They went thru call logs and found that the phone number where it was placed belonged to Lankford's sister. I think he's the guy, but I doubt they'll ever have enough on him to bring it to trial.

legally declared deceased in 2013. The family website is gone. I can't find anything beyond Lankford being charged last December. So sad... heartbreaking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back