GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

Thankyou Legally bland and Harchmare for the updates! Very interesting statements regarding what CJ did say and more interestingly didn't say! She wasn't volunteering up that Louise Left with shane and if she is agoraphobic and rarely leaves the house she would have definitely known this info! Even the police say BOTH of them were not acting concerned or displaying any anxiety at louise being missing. I do think she knows something...i just wonder why the police have not pursued her further? She may not have committed the murder but surely holding back info is perverting the course of justice? I wonder if later on she will be called as a witness and has made some kind of deal to save herself?

Would a case of perverting the course of justice be easier to execute once a murder conviction is achieved? I'm not sure on the ethics of delaying one case to benefit another. Just a thought.

2 minutes ago
Why were both CJ and Shane Mays arrested?
A statement from DC Samantha Brown says that when officers went to Ringwood House on May 14, they arrested CJ first on suspicion of kidnap. While she was being cautioned, Shane ‘asked if it was only her’ being arrested.

The pair were arrested on the grounds of being the last people to see Louise, and their accounts of what happened being inconsistent.

Bodycam footage played in court showed CJ crying as she was cautioned, saying ‘I’ve never been arrested before.'

Louise Smith trial: Recap updates as CCTV of killer Shane Mays shown to the jury

4 minutes ago
Mays ‘lost sight’ of Louise
Mays told police that on his way to Tesco, Mays ‘lost sight’ of Louise near Billy Lawn Avenue, and briefly returned the the flat before going to his mother’s house, according to DI Burton.

She said: ‘They weren’t particularly worried about Louise being missing.'

Isn't this a bit different to the original story of SM walked Louise to Emsworth ?

Just adding a map in here to show the locations/route
Ringwood House
Tescos
Billy Lawn Avenue

Google Maps

Am just adding an edit here, as I have seen the other court report which gives a bit more detail and does say that SM left the flat with Louise and they parted company at Tescos.

Last edited:
14:26JAMIE PHILLIPS
Police officer's statement on arrests
The statement of DC Samantha Brown, one of multiple officers present when the married couple were arrested, is read to the court.

I was on duty when I was requested t assist in the arrest of CJ and Shane into the kidnap of Louise. At 8.04pm we arrived and were met by colleagues.

We were granted access to the flats by a resident. CJ answered, but Shane was also present. We advised they were being arrested.

The body-worn footage played to the court shows CJ, Louise's aunt, breaking down in tears as officers explain the grounds for her arrest.

14:27JAMIE PHILLIPS
Next witness called on
DC Luke Donovan, who interviewed defendant Shane Mays when he was taken into police custody, has been called to the witness box.

He explains that a responsible adult had to be present as Shane said he could not read or write.

Live updates as Louise Smith murder trial enters fifth day

There seems to be a lot inconsistencies about Shane's relationship with Louise being described. We know that there have been flirting and giggling episodes described by her boyfriend, it was also said in court at one point that she was only allowed out with Shane, to CJ saying that her and Shane barely spoke. Definitely sounds like she was trying to divert attention away from in the initial stages

Police officer's statement on arrests
The statement of DC Samantha Brown, one of multiple officers present when the married couple were arrested, is read to the court.

I was on duty when I was requested t assist in the arrest of CJ and Shane into the kidnap of Louise. At 8.04pm we arrived and were met by colleagues.

We were granted access to the flats by a resident. CJ answered, but Shane was also present. We advised they were being arrested.

The body-worn footage played to the court shows CJ, Louise's aunt, breaking down in tears as officers explain the grounds for her arrest.

14:27JAMIE PHILLIPS
Next witness called on
DC Luke Donovan, who interviewed defendant Shane Mays when he was taken into police custody, has been called to the witness box.

He explains that a responsible adult had to be present as Shane said he could not read or write.

That explains the additional support in court then if he is illiterate?

Isn't this a bit different to the original story of SM walked Louise to Emsworth ?

Ringwood House
Tescos
Billy Lawn Avenue

Google Maps
I was thinking that, but this is CJs version of events when first questioned by police. The story of walking to Emsworth was him to his mum and sister (and police I think?)

Ringwood House
Tescos
Billy Lawn Avenue

Google Maps

Yes it is a different story. CJ would know if he had returned to the flat or not. So would be aware of the change in stories.

14:31JAMIE PHILLIPS
Court listening to transcript of Shane Mays interview
Witness DC Luke Donovan and the prosecution are running through the transcript of the police interview with Shane Mays shortly after he had been taken into custody on suspicion of abducting Louise Smith.

14:38JAMIE PHILLIPS
Shane Mays told police Louise 'could be anywhere'
In his police interview, defendant Shane Mays told officers that the teenager "could be anywhere".

I do not know. She could be at a friend's house, she could be anywhere. I took her to the skate park and left her there to meet a friend.

Snipped by me
DC Luke Donovan, who interviewed defendant Shane Mays when he was taken into police custody, has been called to the witness box.He explains that a responsible adult had to be present as Shane said he could not read or write.

I presume SM meant he could not read or write at the level he felt would be required in order for him to be able to deal with his police interviews ? Because his FB shows that he most certainly can read and write.

Is he from a traveller background? Asking without any prejudice, I have had to help travellers in the past working in public libraries as they were illiterate or close to it. Or what is his disability? Haven't seen his Facebook (is it still available?) but you can get past these issues with alexa etc I would think?

Is he from a traveller background? Asking without any prejudice, I have had to help travellers in the past working in public libraries as they were illiterate or close to it. Or what is his disability? Haven't seen his Facebook (is it still available?) but you can get past these issues with alexa etc I would think?

Yes he could use voice to text software. Or it might be when he says he can't read or write that his handwriting is poor and he has issue with comprehension when reading. Some illiterate people do very well via predictive text, spell check enough to post on FB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back