Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
"She confided in me that night ... she's petrified," a friend said. "This girl is scared for her life."

Sharkey's friends and her mother, Stacey Robinault, told Eyewitness News they think Sharkey was killed.

READ MORE: Mother of Houston influencer believes her daughter was murdered

RSBM

Yes, the print article says something different from what the friend actually says in the video.

In the video at 2:06 she says "I looked at her, and I was like, she's petrified, this girl is scared for her life".

"The husband of an Instagram influencer told Eyewitness News Alexis Sharkey wasn't always the happy person she portrayed on social media. Tom Sharkey spoke to our Steve Campion about his wife in a phone conversation Tuesday. Sharkey sounded very upset and emotionally distraught. He said he's been struggling very hard."

Some interesting info in this piece.

Husband of Houston Instagram influencer says he's receiving death threats

He warned her not to drive under the influence. From what we know, she left on foot. No visible injuries. Where did she go, who did she meet, how did she land dead and naked on the side of the road?

Homicide investigators have been called in. Does that mean the manner of death is homicide, or can this still be accidental, or even suicide?

When will the autopsy be complete and cause of death released? I hope the results are made known, but we’ve seen in other cases where they are held back from the public.

A whole lot of unknowns.
I am joining the hand-sitting crowd.

He warned her not to drive under the influence. From what we know, she left on foot. No visible injuries. Where did she go, who did she meet, how did she land dead and naked on the side of the road?

Homicide investigators have been called in. Does that mean the manner of death is homicide, or can this still be accidental, or even suicide?

When will the autopsy be complete and cause of death released? I hope the results are made known, but we’ve seen in other cases where they are held back from the public.

A whole lot of unknowns.
I am joining the hand-sitting crowd.

All implications are, that she was dumped there by someone who couldn't be bothered to dress her first. Someone in a hurry to get rid of her who didn't care less about the final indignity done to her by leaving her there naked. To me that says homicide. It also says rage/anger/jealousy.

Someone known to her? A twisted follower? Someone unknown to her that she met the night before? I guess this could go either way. I do hope for the family's sake it's wrapped up quickly and justice is served swiftly.

All implications are, that she was dumped there by someone who couldn't be bothered to dress her first. Someone in a hurry to get rid of her who didn't care less about the final indignity done to her by leaving her there naked. To me that says homicide. It also says rage/anger/jealousy.

Someone known to her? A twisted follower? Someone unknown to her that she met the night before? I guess this could go either way. I do hope for the family's sake it's wrapped up quickly and justice is served swiftly.

i think she was dumped there so she would be found. Addicks reservoir is just up the way, miles and miles of empty land and water surround Houston and there are lots of undeveloped areas. Dumped next to a busy road with feet exposed doesn’t lend itself to someone who didn’t want the body found. I also doubt she died in those bushes naked and was moved there.

I think once they determine that it is a homicide and the manner of death there will be an arrest made shortly there after.

i think she was dumped there so she would be found. Addicks reservoir is just up the way, miles and miles of empty land and water surround Houston and there are lots of undeveloped areas. Dumped next to a busy road with feet exposed doesn’t lend itself to someone who didn’t want the body found. I also doubt she died in those bushes naked and was moved there.

I think once they determine that it is a homicide and the manner of death there will be an arrest made shortly there after.

I agree. The perp wanted her to be found -- and fast! Hence, the reason her bare feet were sticking out from under a bush.

But then, the authorities were taking too long to identify her! How nerve wracking!

I suspect surveillance cams, phone pings, text convos, etc., the general digital footprint of her movements on Friday and into the overnight hours early Saturday will go a long way toward that arrest as well.

I agree. The perp wanted her to be found -- and fast! Hence, the reason her bare feet were sticking out from under a bush.

But then, the authorities were taking too long to identify her! How nerve wracking!

Yes, someone very carelessly dumped her, with no attempt to hide her nude body. Almost like she was in a sketchy and compromising situation with whoever killed and discarded her.

Or...someone wanted it to look that way.

jmo

@HouDat posted this upthread, looking at surveillance cameras.
Local news update: https://twitter.com/KHOUmelissa/status/1333820489601572868
thank you -
from the link:
Homicide detectives with
@houstonpolice
are watching surveillance video from security cameras in the area where the body of #AlexisSharkey was found. There’s a hair salon, high rise office tower and Omni Hotel in the area... and a big open plot of land. #khou11

---
whoever did this hopefully was caught on camera but I know my night cameras don't give me a very clear picture - hoping this person was clearly seen on video - if that is the case
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member