Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Otherwise the car would not have been found.

It also must be something that immediately made his husband go look for him. (LE only upgraded the status of the case after they spoke to the family.)
Me too- at that point, if he had wanted to go straight home there is virtually nothing that could have stopped him.

I’m flummoxed.

Here’s what I find odd:

The husband knew that AW was getting gas that morning and that AW had an early morning work call.

I can see knowing about the work call but why would someone know when their partner needed to fill up the car tank?

And a gas station robbery at their normal gas station, requiring AW to go somewhere else.

Having family visiting from out of town.

The car being found in a not so great part of town but no AW.

How do all these pieces fit together??

On WS, I tell myself that when the pieces don’t make sense, it usually means:
1) LE (or family) is keeling something huge out of the public
2) someone is lying

I can see knowing about the work call but why would someone know when their partner needed to fill up the car tank?

And a gas station robbery at their normal gas station, requiring AW to go somewhere else.

the first point - it's entirely possible that it was mentioned as a just-in-case, so that Rusty wouldn't have to worry if AW was running a few minutes late.

The second point - has it been confirmed that the Lemmon RT was his normal stop? As I understood it, when someone here asked why AW went to the Inwood RT, his niece speculated it was due to the robbery at the Lemmon RT. But I didn't take that to mean that he always went to the Lemmon RT.

JMO, as always.

The husband knew that AW was getting gas that morning and that AW had an early morning work call.

On a normal day, this part of the plan might not be mentioned. But he may have mentioned something like "I expect my car will be ready today. I'm going to fill the loaner up this morning so I don't have to worry about it later."

I’m flummoxed.

Here’s what I find odd:

2) someone is lying

I don't know. I usually mention to my husband if I'm stopping for gas on the way home from work or an errand if it has the potential to make me later than normal. I give him a heads up so he doesn't worry, but I also tend to give him a play by play of my tasks/errands just because it's who I am. To me, the question should be if he normally tells his husband these kind of things.

I’m flummoxed.

Here’s what I find odd:

2) someone is lying
Speculation here:

Assuming Rusty is not involved: I imagine Alan getting a text or a phone while at the gym causing him to cut his workout short thereby leaving at 5:38 a.m. He gets gas as planned and meets up with the unknown individual.

He doesn't text or call Rusty to alert him of the diversion because he still plans to be home when he is expected. We don't know for sure that Alan didn't alert Rusty that he was making a detour because the police haven't released any information. I'm assuming that he didn't.

Rusty might know Alan's plans because Alan's niece and fiance are at their home. So, Alan told him exactly what he was doing and when he would be home. Alan was going to help them with some of their wedding plans.

Again, all speculation.

1) LE (or family) is keeping something huge out of the public
2) someone is lying

Or both.

Reading here and in the news, friends and family (and posters here who don't even know them) only have great things to say about Alan and Rusty. Pillars of the community, hard workers, stand up/solid guys, monogamous, etc. The perfect couple! And AW is so organized, well liked, regimented, kind, loving, generous, stable - an ideal guy. So I could be way off base, but for all the oddities in this case, the silence is what baffles me the most - and there has to be a reason. The whole "LE is working in the background building a case" feels a little limp after seven weeks of him being missing. No vigils, no pressers, no recent updates (save for the the upgraded "endangered missing", etc And even with that we have no idea why), no public searches or calls for searches, no statements from LE, and only a couple short interviews from family early on.

Did they forensically sweep the vehicle and find something? Did they get the phone records? Was there a reason his case changed to "endangered missing"? Were there clues to point them towards what happened and who did it? Is there a threat to the community? Did they find out where his phone last pinged? Do they have him on any other cameras heading to or away from his home? After 7 weeks, we have no idea. None. And before some of you come at me and say "They don't have to tell us anything!" - I know that. LE can release as much or as little as they want, it's just rare that in all this time there is so very little .. and everyone is so quiet. :(

Last edited:
I could totally be on board a car jacking theory IF AW had been found.

But if we consider the car jacking theory as valid, then let’s imagine what that scenario would look like:

The bad guys shoot AW and take the car.

Soooo...why don’t we know where AW is? Why would carjackers care one bit about making sure AW isn’t found?

I believe in Occam’s Razor but the pieces just aren’t fitting with what should be the likeliest scenarios.

• AW went to gym, put gas in vehicle, used phone
  • As far as we know, no one saw anything...anywhere
  • Car was recovered in “fine shape”
  • Credit cards not used, cell phone missing
  • BUT: spouse immediately knew something was wrong, went looking, filed missing person report
I’m not getting the “random” vibe here either.

moo.

• AW went to gym, put gas in vehicle, used phone
  • As far as we know, no one saw anything...anywhere
  • Car was recovered in “fine shape”
  • Credit cards not used, cell phone missing
  • BUT: spouse immediately knew something was wrong, went looking, filed missing person report
I’m not getting the “random” vibe here either.

moo.
Agreed o_O I think this is the fastest I've ever seen a family member report someone as missing. While I'm not suspicious of his husband(MOO), I do wonder if there's information that his family knows (i.e. something uncomfortable or risky going on in his personal life) and LE has told them not to share in order to not compromise the investigation.

Agreed o_O I think this is the fastest I've ever seen a family member report someone as missing. While I'm not suspicious of his husband(MOO), I do wonder if there's information that his family knows (i.e. something uncomfortable or risky going on in his personal life) and LE has told them not to share in order to not compromise the investigation.

I don't see anything odd about it at all.

If someone very close and important to you suddenly did something that is completely out of character, wouldn't you be concerned?

If Alan had a long-standing morning routine and had ALWAYS came back by a certain time and had ALWAYS been extremely diligent about letting people know about any unexpected change in plans, why would't his the family become concerned if, one day out of the blue, he didn't? And why wouldn't they be concerned about him not answering phone calls or texts if his not answering them was out of character? And why wouldn't they be doubly concerned by the fact that, not just one but BOTH of the above that were totally out of character for Alan?

If Alan had NEVER missed a work meeting without notifying other attendees in advance and suddenly just doesn't show up at the meeting - why wouldn't his co-workers be concerned and why wouldn't the family be downright frightened? At that point, how could they not conclude that SOMETHING had to be very, very wrong?

If I recall correctly, they reported him missing around 11:00 AM or about five hours after he disappeared. If being late by just one hour was unusual for Alan and not responding to repeated phone and text messages from family was totally unprecedented and the notion of him just blowing off a work meeting was unthinkable - why would it be unreasonable for the family to be concerned that something terrible might have happened to him and reach out to the police? If you had reason to fear that something terrible might have happened to one of your loved ones and that they could potentially be in danger, wouldn't you want to get the police involved as quickly as possible on the hope that they might be able to do something before it is potentially too late?

We always know when someone in our home is stopping for fuel, heading home, etc. We just communicate a lot lol Texts throughout the day, etc. It's just how we are so if someone texted me "heading home but have to swing into Shell for fuel" and they weren't home at the expected time using that info, I would text them. Especially if there was a conference call or breakfast or anything planned. I would be all over it. I would text, call, search where they said they were/were stopping. Then I would call police.

We always know when someone in our home is stopping for fuel, heading home, etc. We just communicate a lot lol Texts throughout the day, etc. It's just how we are so if someone texted me "heading home but have to swing into Shell for fuel" and they weren't home at the expected time using that info, I would text them. Especially if there was a conference call or breakfast or anything planned. I would be all over it. I would text, call, search where they said they were/were stopping. Then I would call police.
Agree- I get nervous if family isn't where they are supposed to be in a short time and if you combined that with: I can't reach them, they missed a meeting, they told me they were almost home then I would be alarmed right away. I would have been in my car retracing his steps at 7:30 at the latest and calling the police by 10 or 11, easy. I don't think in this case this is a red flag.

I don't believe that this is a random crime because after Alan got into his car he was close to home. He stopped for a reason.

Whoever committed this crime either knew Alan's schedule or Alan reached out to someone who did him harm. The crime happened in a very small window of time.

It seems that Alan didn't message Rusty to let him know that he was meeting anyone before coming home. Why didn't Alan tell Rusty?

Just speculation here.
Just curious why you think a random crime couldn’t have happened close to home? And in a small window of time? It happens all the time. A carjacking could have happened in a matter of seconds anywhere in the mile between the RT and home. I think it’s most logical that he WAS heading home when he left the RT, not going to meet someone. Because he had a meeting and he was so close to home. I mean he could have been meeting someone I guess, but we have zero evidence that says he was. On the contrary we know he had a virtual meeting from his home and was turning in the direction of his home 1 mile away.

And maybe the reason he didn’t tell his husband he was meeting someone is because he wasn’t meeting anyone.

I could change my mind if we get some evidence that he was meeting up with someone or went anywhere other than his path home, but for now a I feel like he was just going from RT to home and something happened. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member