Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it looks like we will see on Jan 26 if the change of venue is granted? This is going to be interesting. These two are going to be in the same room for the first time since coming back to Idaho, and Chad's arrest. I'm very much wanting to observe them; their reactions, etc.
Below decent coverage piece on this:

12/11/20 Doomsday Cult Mom Case: State Wants Witness Info Ahead of New Venue Hearing - Court TV

I can't access this link - but the next motions hearing for both are on Jan. 6, 2021, not the Jan. 26th...

But they aren’t charged with murder. Will that ever happen? Or is part of their defense that it was All About Alex, and they are only guilty of hushing up the burials?
Lori was recorded telling MG over the phone that Alex didn't know JJ's whereabouts and that he (JJ) was safe, so she can't put blame for JJ's death on Alex in court. She can't say that she lied due to her fear of Alex, because that excuse wouldn't work after Alex's death. Chad will probably claim that he believed Lori had her children hidden away and will deny any knowledge of the burials.

In the absence of murder charges, I don't see Lori or Chad admitting to anything.

Last edited:
I previously overlooked that MM will also argue for dismissal of Lori's case on Jan 6. While MM will likely repeat most of JP's arguments for venue change, I wonder what his (and JP's) arguments for case dismissals could be. Will they be different for Lori and Chad?

12/04/2020 Notice of Hearing Re: Motion for Transfer of Trial & Motion to Dismiss

Wait....what???? Somehow I'm not surprised, because this kind of stuff seems to fit Mark Mean's style. But, if this is the case, then what's next?

MM just keeps throwing stuff on the wall, to see if anything sticks. Is he still being paid by CD? The only money CD ever had was TD's death insurance payout, which is probably getting to be pretty low.

Betting we will soon see a motion for attorney fees.

Snipped for focus

But they aren’t charged with murder. Will that ever happen? Or is part of their defense that it was All About Alex, and they are only guilty of hushing up the burials?

I am concerned that they found the children dead on HIS property and they aren’t being charged with murder one.

Youthink maybe the people of their State won’t convict for murder? Even if they claim Alex did it, I would find them guilty of murder if I were on the jury. Time is on their side though.

Arizona is one person consent recording State & the meetings happened at their police department so pretending you didn’t know you’d be recorded or knew of it is a bit disingenuous IMHO to say the least.
“Introductory” meetings, okay sure, but you head a reason to meet them. You had a reason to talk to them....it’s for your investigation, you weren’t going to hang out with two buddies.

Sorry for the possible tone of this but I think Rob Wood is a bit above this level of rhetoric he filed today.

Also IMHO it’s not a good look for the Prosecutor to have met with them BEFORE they ever spoke with investigators, but I guess we will see how this plays out. I’ve often thought, unfortunately, that Wood is not experienced enough to handle such a large & complex case.

@MTW2011 remember, this is Rexburg, Idaho. Like most small towns, and even rural states, things are pretty "incestuous". Lots of people have dual relationships, because of the fact that the area is so small. There probably are not a lot of attorneys in Rexburg, ID. I wouldn't make much of it.

And it seems to me, that CD and LVD told their first attorney, Sean Bartholick, some sort of story about Kay Woodcock being a villain. Which is why, INMO, he dropped CD and LVD as clients, in a NYC minute as soon as he realized what a mess it was.

I did find it interesting that the prosecutor has spoken with Zulema. She is a real wild card here. Her testimony may be a key to a lot of things.

I would imagine in year 2020, everyone would assume everything is being recorded (especially in such a high profile case) I would think RW would want everything documented to avoid this. I lived in a small town and to this day, I can still call and get info from random people (they don't even know who they're talking to) in jails, courts, schools, etc...that they shouldn't share. It's pretty bizarre. Again, the part that has me concerned is that JP has done a good job thus far and isn't a moron.

@MTW2011 remember, this is Rexburg, Idaho. Like most small towns, and even rural states, things are pretty "incestuous". Lots of people have dual relationships, because of the fact that the area is so small. There probably are not a lot of attorneys in Rexburg, ID. I wouldn't make much of it.

And it seems to me, that CD and LVD told their first attorney, Sean Bartholick, some sort of story about Kay Woodcock being a villain. Which is why, INMO, he dropped CD and LVD as clients, in a NYC minute as soon as he realized what a mess it was.

I did find it interesting that the prosecutor has spoken with Zulema. She is a real wild card here. Her testimony may be a key to a lot of things.
Just wanted to say there actually is quite a good amount of lawyers and law offices in Rexburg. And an even larger amount in Idaho Falls, which is about 25/30ish minutes away. There are plenty that would have been qualified without needing to seek out a lawyer that is about 4.5 hours away. All jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa