Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was thinking. but also in the first interview he spoke in his native language, in the other in English? Is that true? If so, we are lost in translation maybe
In that sexta interview the question is in english, he answers in german, something like
"Nachdem was wir wissen, ja" (with emphasis on wir)
Maybe a german expert will confirm the words and translation
Sexta às 9 Episódio 28 - de 18 Set 2020 - RTP Play - RTP
@24mins

Last edited:
So the entire answer is IMO something like
(short pause to carefully think) ... "according to what we know, yes" (emphasis on we)
[Edited changed long to short]

Last edited:
Firstly, you are making the assumption that it can't be a death in the apartment, else HCW would know that. He may not know where and when it happened. If their evidence is just proof of CB killing MM and not much else, that doesn’t specifically mean that the death must have happened after the apartment.

Secondly, he is answering a question specifically about how confidently they can place CB in PDL on the 3rd. He only uses the proof of death at CB's hands argument as a way to re-inforce the probability of CB therefore being there on the 3rd. But, as a caveat he admits this particular evidence does not specifically identify the date the death occurred. So for example, if the evidence they have is a port mortem photo of MM, obtained from a source attributable to CB, then that would fit. It gives them confidence that CB is responsible and was there in PDL on the 3rd, but the evidence itself gives no accurate indication of when the death had occurred. Even if the photo EXIF data showed a date of the 4th, would it realistically be possible to determine when the death had occurred from that photo alone?

So no, he hasn't actually said MM died after leaving the apartment. That's just how you're interpreting it. And just to be clear, I'm not saying that your assumption can't be correct. It might well be, but the point is, HCW hasn't explicitly said that MM died after being abducted from the apartment. And the other comments that might suggest that, can be interpreted in very many ways.
I understand what you mean.
However, the way hcw has spoken at his initial press conference last June and how he has compared CB's sadism to that of other paedo child molesters/rapists/killers plus all the rest that he has said, leaves very little time for CB to have killed her in the apartment. That would not have satisfied his sadistic urges.

But: what you have brought up is not impossible.

Bingo. Amaral is a sleaze bag. Would not put it past him. Just like prosecutors in the Monster of Florence case almost certainly planted the bullet in Pacciani’s garden.

Amaral feels he needs to close the case ASAP to reassure the tourists. Takes some cloth off a corpse and rubs it in the car and apartment.
"Takes some cloth off a corpse and rubs it in the car and apartment"
Please what is your source for this?

Sexta às 9 Episódio 28 - de 18 Set 2020 - RTP Play - RTP
I try to transcribe exactly the German language from 13:03 to 13:08
So far I understand "Zu den Sagen kann ich nicht sagen ...?...?...?...?... bestätigt"
but what is the middle part please?

A native can catch it better than me - it's quite hard to hear - but I believe the gist is

Zu den Sachen die wir haben kann ich nicht sagen (shaking head) Das kann ich weder dementieren noch bestätigen

(i don't have the last part exactly but i think i have the meaning)

I can't talk about what we have, I can't confirm or deny that"

Last edited:
A native can catch it better than me - it's quite hard to hear - but I believe the gist is

Zu den Sachen die wir haben kann ich nicht sagen (shaking head) Das kann ich weder dementieren noch bestätigen

(i don't have the last part exactly but i think i have the meaning)

I can't talk about what we have, I can't confirm or deny that"
TY

Happy new year to you all! Here’s hoping that 2021 brings some answers to the questions we have and also some closure, especially for those who knew and loved MM.

Thanks all for the contributions and theories here which have helped distract from the pandemic. I’m sure I’m not alone in saying it’s been a massive help in a really odd sort of way.

Happy New Year to everyone. I'm sending out 'hopes' for a Happier, Healthier and Productive 2021.

Thank you to all you brilliant Sleuthers, you do the job so well. I thank you for putting up with me trailing along behind you, picking up the crumbs as I go, but I'm learning as I follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa