Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Small bit of soreness the next day. I always try and keep using/moving that arm like when getting the flu shot and that seems to help keep the soreness/stiffness to a minimum

heard a couple of people mention very mild cold symptoms a few days afterwards. Could be related or just coincidental timing.

Awesome! I’m pretty sure mine is moderna. They just called to say they are pushing time to 30 min later. The vial is still not thawed. Lol.
Did you have any side effects besides sore arm? Seems to be most common and understandable

Small bit of soreness the next day. I always try and keep using/moving that arm like when getting the flu shot and that seems to help keep the soreness/stiffness to a minimum

heard a couple of people mention very mild cold symptoms a few days afterwards. Could be related or just coincidental timing.
Talking with the nurses and doctors I was working with yesterday. All of us have had the first dose. Each of us had only a slightly sore arm as our only reaction.

I cried when I learned I have the opportunity to get it because of the nature of my job. I wasn’t expecting it to be available to me yet. I will be the first in my family to get it when I receive the first injection on Tuesday. I am so grateful for this. Happy New Year to me!

Do you have to wear a mask after you get the vaccination? Or can you go about your life again?
You still wear a mask to protect others, as it is not known if you can still spread COVID to others even though you don’t have it yourself.

Remember, we wear masks to protect others around us. The masks others wear protect us. Unless you wear an N-95 mask, then it does protect you.

You can still “go about your life” while wearing a mask. I wear one 8 or 9 hours a day.

Do you have to wear a mask after you get the vaccination? Or can you go about your life again?

You absolutely need to continue to wear a mask as I think it will be a while before we have sufficient data to prove that the vaccine prevents the spread of the virus.

In other words, the vaccine is believed to stop COVID-19 symptoms but it's truly unknown if it will also stop transmission of the virus. If you're vaccinated, you are still leaps and bounds ahead of the population knowing you most likely won't succumb to COVID.

There should be no sugar-coating or misleading info. This is only a start but a very important one! Each of our lives depends on it!

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Vaccines stop COVID-19 symptoms, but do they stop transmission?.

I got Pfizer shot #1 on Monday, 12/28.

My arm was sore within a couple of hours. By that evening, it felt much like getting a tetanus shot. I took a single Tylenol to sleep that evening.

Soreness continued into the next day, but was far less severe by the 24 hour point.

At 36 hours, fatigue hit. Except I wouldn’t really call it normal fatigue. I felt very... heavy. And like I needed to lie down. Of the 20 leaders in my facility, over half of us were late for work on day two due to this fatigue feeling.

On day 3, I woke with a very weird headache. I never have headaches. It wasn’t exactly severe, but I’ve never had anything like it. I took another single Tylenol.

On day 4, TMI, but I had super foul-smelling gas and a bit of diarrhea.

Today is day 5. My whole arm feels strange. It’s a mixture of numbness and tingling, off and on, mostly down the ulnar side. I got the shot in my non-dominant arm just in case anything weird like this happened. I also continue to be more fatigued than usual.

Also of note is the fact that I had to check “yes” to several of the screening questions on the CVS form, the biggest being I’ve had a prior anaphylactic reaction to an antibiotic. I had zero issues that presented like anything related to allergies.

I got Pfizer shot #1 on Monday, 12/28.

My arm was sore within a couple of hours. By that evening, it felt much like getting a tetanus shot. I took a single Tylenol to sleep that evening.

Soreness continued into the next day, but was far less severe by the 24 hour point.

At 36 hours, fatigue hit. Except I wouldn’t really call it normal fatigue. I felt very... heavy. And like I needed to lie down. Of the 20 leaders in my facility, over half of us were late for work on day two due to this fatigue feeling.

On day 3, I woke with a very weird headache. I never have headaches. It wasn’t exactly severe, but I’ve never had anything like it. I took another single Tylenol.

On day 4, TMI, but I had super foul-smelling gas and a bit of diarrhea.

Today is day 5. My whole arm feels strange. It’s a mixture of numbness and tingling, off and on, mostly down the ulnar side. I got the shot in my non-dominant arm just in case anything weird like this happened. I also continue to be more fatigued than usual.

Also of note is the fact that I had to check “yes” to several of the screening questions on the CVS form, the biggest being I’ve had a prior anaphylactic reaction to an antibiotic. I had zero issues that presented like anything related to allergies.
I’m sure you answer the daily CDC questions we get. I’m wondering have they contacted you to ask about side effects? I know it’s a normal thing for flu like symptoms but yours seems extreme. Especially your arm.

I was helping out at another clinic, and it amazed me that none of the nurses have had the vaccine even though it was offered to them. This is the clinic that has a 60% positivity rate with patients in the rapid COVID testing, and three nurses tested positive for COVID and are off work now.

When I asked why they aren’t getting the vaccine, they all said, “Well on Facebook it said a nurse died right after getting the vaccine” or “On Facebook I read it makes you sterile “ and “I saw a news story on Facebook that said the government has a tracker that is injected with the vaccine “

These are NURSES who are choosing to believe Facebook rumors.

I was helping out at another clinic, and it amazed me that none of the nurses have had the vaccine even though it was offered to them. This is the clinic that has a 60% positivity rate with patients in the rapid COVID testing, and three nurses tested positive for COVID and are off work now.

When I asked why they aren’t getting the vaccine, they all said, “Well on Facebook it said a nurse died right after getting the vaccine” or “On Facebook I read it makes you sterile “ and “I saw a news story on Facebook that said the government has a tracker that is injected with the vaccine “

:eek::eek::eek:

I’m hearing the same thing from home health nurses and OT/PT that come to your home....I was shocked.

I haven’t seen anything discouraging about vaccines on Facebook. Is this negative information about vaccinations being shared by individuals? Or is this news about problems with the vaccines being reported by Facebook news?

How are people finding this news, if you know.

Mind blowing. I have family that believe this nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cdawn