Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen anything discouraging about vaccines on Facebook. Is this negative information about vaccinations being shared by individuals? Or is this news about problems with the vaccines being reported by Facebook news?

How are people finding this news, if you know.
A lot of conspiracy theories come on fb. That’s where my sisters get their info. Then they go to you tube channels that non MD’s do and give false information. But people believe it. I do believe a lot of people want the vaccine. There are people lined up in Houston to get it. Kelsey Seybold sent out email basically telling people not to inundate them w calls. They will let you know when it’s time. HEB has on their voicemail saying the same thing. A lot of misinformation but I think majority want it.

60% of nursing home staff in Ohio are refusing to get vaccinated, according to the state governor

• According to the Covid Tracking Project, 38% of all COVID-19 deaths in the US have been nursing home residents.
  • In Ohio, staff and residents of nursing homes are getting top priority for vaccines.

On the local news, it was said that the top reasons nursing home staff are refusing the vaccine include “I heard a nurse passed out after getting the shot” and belief in a microchip being implanted.

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I work homehealth private duty. There are 4 full time nurses that alternate. I asked one male nurse and he said no cuz he’s SCARED of vaccine. Another nurse I just know she won’t, me and another nurse yes. so 2 out of 4 won’t get it. Take my siblings 5, 2 out of 5 getting vaccine. 1 thinks it’s implanted w tracking device, 1 thinks covid is blown out of proportion, 1 extremely angry all the time that covid is blown out of proportion for politics. So that leaves two of us that believe in Dr Fauci, we believe covid is real and death numbers are accurate. I think my family is a good example of the Country (or maybe Texas) :)in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is to discuss the Covid vaccines. Two entire pages of discussion about the shingles vaccine had to be removed and at some points it was difficult to know which vaccine was being referred to, the shingles one or the Covid one.

Please stay on topic.

My husband has an auto-immune disorder and takes a biologic medication that greatly weakens his immune system. He's very high risk. We've been shielding since March. He's been talking to his GP about which vaccine to take, doctor wants to do a bit of research. Me, as soon as I'm able, I'll be there sticking my arm out. Of course, we will continue to be extremely cautious until the herd immunity starts building, and I'm okay with that. I just want to see an end in sight.

It's comforting to see that I am not the only person who is dealing with all the craziness about the vaccine. As far as a chip? If you have a cell phone, they can track you, but the question is, why would anyone want to? Also, anyone can get on YouTube and say they are a doctor. And people will believe that, v the WHO, the NHS or AMA. I've fractured a few friendships over it, I'm guessing.

Part of that is my WS training, verification and/or MSM, not some yahoo on the internets who an claim anything.

One of the doctors in the clinic where I was working went on a rant yesterday directed towards the nurses who were spreading misinformation about the COVID vaccine. A couple of the nurses attempted to argue with their Facebook “facts” so he proceeded to lay out the research and facts about the vaccines. He also told them about the effects of COVID and number of deaths locally. Don’t know if the facts he presented will change their minds.

@IceIce9, my husband works for the NHS, at a world-renowned cancer facility. He's not not medical, he's a project manager, but there is no conspiracy, there is no lying, it's not a hoax, vaccines are safe. My only close friend in the Dickensian craphole I live in is all about the 5G towers, conspiracy, hoax, etc. Just today, there was a rumor running rampant on the local social media that two nurses at our local hospital had died within 15 mins of the vaccine. Total fantasy. How do you combat that? So frustrating. I can buy a set of scrubs and a stethoscope on Amazon and made a video and say anything I want.

This thread is to discuss the Covid vaccines. Two entire pages of discussion about the shingles vaccine had to be removed and at some points it was difficult to know which vaccine was being referred to, the shingles one or the Covid one.

Please stay on topic.

Thanks! So sorry, I just realized that discussing two doses of a vaccine vs. one and their efficaciousness should be on the main thread vs. this one.

I’m a young and healthy 26yo healthcare worker who had COVID and it ruined my life. I am still experiencing long term effects including what my doctor thinks will be permanent complete loss of taste and smell and myocarditis. I feel like I’ve aged two decades since my diagnosis. It was bad.

I would never want to experience anything like that again, so naturally I jumped at the chance to get vaccinated.

I really wanted the Pfizer vaccine because I’ve read that Moderna had more economic ties to Trump and I don’t trust him at all. However, you don’t have a choice which one you get and I ended up with Moderna! A really sore arm and some fatigue but all is well. Getting my 2nd dose soon.

I’m a young and healthy 26yo healthcare worker who had COVID and it ruined my life. I am still experiencing long term effects including what my doctor thinks will be permanent complete loss of taste and smell and myocarditis. I feel like I’ve aged two decades since my diagnosis. It was bad.

I would never want to experience anything like that again, so naturally I jumped at the chance to get vaccinated.

I really wanted the Pfizer vaccine because I’ve read that Moderna had more economic ties to Trump and I don’t trust him at all. However, you don’t have a choice which one you get and I ended up with Moderna! A really sore arm and some fatigue but all is well. Getting my 2nd dose soon.

I'm so sorry about your Covid experience and the long-term complications. I hope they will turn out NOT to be permanent.

I'm glad you got the vaccine! My husband and I will be vaccinated on Wednesday--woohoo! We are in group 1b due to our age group (75 and older).

Just received my second vaccination. I scheduled an appointment for my mom to get her first dose, as Indiana is opening it up to seniors.
My second dose is later this month. Did you have a reaction to the second dose? Glad your mom has an appt!

My second dose is later this month. Did you have a reaction to the second dose? Glad your mom has an appt!
A sore arm and some fatigue that started about 8 hours after I got my vaccination. The fatigue lasted about 24 hours.

I didn’t experience fatigue with my first shot, only the second. I purposely scheduled my shots on a Saturday in case I did have any reaction so I wouldn’t have to go in to work the next day.

Last edited:
My husband has an auto-immune disorder and takes a biologic medication that greatly weakens his immune system. He's very high risk. We've been shielding since March. He's been talking to his GP about which vaccine to take, doctor wants to do a bit of research. Me, as soon as I'm able, I'll be there sticking my arm out. Of course, we will continue to be extremely cautious until the herd immunity starts building, and I'm okay with that. I just want to see an end in sight.

I, too take a biologic for my arthritis....and I dont plan on taking the covid vaccine. Reason being, I've had trouble w/the regular flu shots in the past. They've made me very ill.

My Rheumy is also a MPH, same as Dr. Fauci...and I do plan to discuss this w/her at our next visit...via phone.

I, too take a biologic for my arthritis....and I dont plan on taking the covid vaccine. Reason being, I've had trouble w/the regular flu shots in the past. They've made me very ill.

My Rheumy is also a MPH, same as Dr. Fauci...and I do plan to discuss this w/her at our next visit...via phone.
My husband takes Humira. He has zero immune system. It was a nightmare when my daughter was in elementary school, she 'd get the sniffles and he'd end up with pneumonia. His GP seems to think one vaccine may be okay, and one may not, but both the GP and Mr W want to wait a while and have more research to hand. And I'm fine with that.

I don't want him to end up with, yay, you got the vaccine but you also got sepsis or something because you have zero ability to fight off anything.

Oh, I understand completely. I take Simponi, Humira made me flare up constantly.
I've read that we are not to take 'live' vaccines w/this type of medicine.
Don't know what constitutes live vaccines???

You never know what, if any, type of reaction you may get w/these new drugs/vaccines.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member