TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 277876
from video

In regards to the cattle guard @renarde mentioned.

Agreed, if one is unfamiliar with cattle guards they would most likely fall. I agree with you that he wouldn't venture off the road though, so a cattle guard is likely not an option. It is interesting to consider, though, does the entrance to the property of the abandoned house have a cattle guard? In any event, he would have been there because it was near the road. People are also discussing cattle guards on trucks, which are different than these types of cattle guards, which are like grates in the ground, normally found at a gate or driveway.

@islanddad I quoted a post above that includes a photo of one of the cattle guards where officials searched.
If you look at a map of 2379 Salt Flat Rd, there are cattle guards visible in the area...one being at the entrance to the road that leads to a pond.

Agreed, if one is unfamiliar with cattle guards they would most likely fall. I agree with you that he wouldn't venture off the road though, so a cattle guard is likely not an option. It is interesting to consider, though, does the entrance to the property of the abandoned house have a cattle guard? In any event, he would have been there because it was near the road. People are also discussing cattle guards on trucks, which are different than these types of cattle guards, which are like grates in the ground, normally found at a gate or driveway.

YES! And I live rural and despise having to navigate across a cattle guard (in ground kind) on foot. City kid in pitch dark would never make it across it.

Google maps are from 2011 -- anyone know of a map that is "drivable" or "walkable" that is newer? A lot can change in 10 yrs ....

I haven't looked in this area yet, but in other locations I have found that Bing Maps has more recent street views (and in at least one instance covered more roads as well) than Google Maps.

@diggndeeperstill, Thanks so much for posting it here. There was a discussion of how much “muck” was in the drained pond, and this goes into some detail — and there’s a lot of oozy muck or mucky ooze!

@10ofRods mentioned that drowning victims in the Little Colorado often get naturally weighted down due to the silt-filled water. I wonder if there’s a similar process that happens in mucky water.

I’m impressed with the observations of numerous scenarios posted here while we all hope for Jason to be located. I still think he had something going on that was causing disordered thinking, which led to him missing the turn on his way home and ultimately having the accident. I fear he’s in water and not easy to find.

All that said, I’m glad there has been a focus on his actions and activities leading up to the drive that ended on Salt Flats Road.

I had put this post in the media thread. But I will link and post again. When I posted there it was just to document and I didn’t want to backtrack the thread here but it is totally relevant now. I agree, I think the pond you circled is the pond drained. I also am not sure why he would’ve headed that direction.

I am trying really hard to imagine being in an accident, dazed and confused as I may be, and head straight for the woods instead of staying on the road. Do people really do that?? I mean you'd have to have a serious head injury to think that going in the woods is a better idea than walking down the road for help. IMO

I am trying really hard to imagine being in an accident, dazed and confused as I may be, and head straight for the woods instead of staying on the road. Do people really do that?? I mean you'd have to have a serious head injury to think that going in the woods is a better idea than walking down the road for help. IMO
It was pitch black.
He clearly did not know which direction he was moving, he left a spinning car and somehow managed to walk a distance but without access to his phone.

Sadly it happens we’ve seen time and time again.

It was pitch black.
He clearly did not know which direction he was moving, he left a spinning car and somehow managed to walk a distance but without access to his phone.

He got out of the car..it wasnt launched deep in the woods. No matter how dark it was finding the road would be easier once he left the car. Unless he was fleeing from 'someone, something' imagined or not finding the road would not be a challenge. He may have got turned around but sticking to the road is the wise choice. His backpack was found on the road how far away? Unless he was drugged up and paranoide i see no reason to plow thru the woods in hopes of finding an abandoned house or a pond Personally I will stick to the road and try waving down a passer by or find my phone before leaving the wreck and try to call for help.

Yes I agree but its usually someone trying to escape capture. This is a student driving home to see his parents for Christmas according to reports.
No many cases where there is a single vehicle crash then driver found a short distance from site deceased. And it takes sometimes weeks/months to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle