Found Deceased CO - Pamela Mae Buckley, 23, Colorado Springs, Dec 1975

Wastedyouth posted pictures of Pamela Buckley that they found in yearbooks. This Pamela is from Minnesota. I found newspaper article with the photo of a very similar looking girl who went on west coast tour with her folk band. My understanding is that we're thinking that this is Pamela Mae Buckley who was 23 when she went missing from Colorado Springs.

Im lost.

So probably the "family" that last seen Pamela was her husband? Who divorced her in August 1976. How did he do it if she went missing in December 1975? Abadnonement?

I read that Colorado springs Pam is still very much alive, theres a lot of confusion. Minnesota Pam is missing i think.
Colorado Springs Pam is Pamela Rae Buckley, it was confirmed on the 1st page of this thread that she is alive and well.
We're talking about Pamela Mae Buckley BORN in Minnesota, MARRIED to Colorado Springs Man and MISSING from Colorado Spirngs.
Pamela Rae is originally from Colorado.

From what i gather, those are two different women. The colorado pam looks nothing like Jane, but Minnesota Pam does. Athough, im still confused?
Plus, i thought Jane was from Wisconsin? Maybe Pam is not Jane. Not sure.
Do you know the particular's about Pam from Minnesota...i saw where she was a singer in a folk trio called Sunlending? I see nothing about her being missing?

Yes, the missing woman is Pamela Mae Buckley who was born in Redwood Falls, Redwood County, Minnesota to Robert John"RJ" Buckley and Shirley Mae Hanley. She married Gary Clifford Kennell from Colorado in 1972. That is where she was last seen.

All this information was gathered from Ancestry and newspapers.com.
Does it mention anything about her being missing?

Does it mention anything about her being missing?
Pamela Mae Buckley missing from Colorado Sprigns is on NamUs. We figured out (based on ancestry and familysearch) that she was originally from Minnesota and married to a man from Colorado.
Both her mother's (died 2012) and her father's (died 2008) obituaries list her as deceased.

I was asked to repost the pictures I found of Pamela. Here are just some of them. They do look quite similar to Sumter Jane Doe. I am hearing rumors they say she was from Wisconsin. This girl was from Minnesota and lived in Nebraska and Colorado. Hopefully, they will release names soon. I see her Namsus is still up.

DDP did mention there were some errors in the report done on WLTX, although it appears Pamela does have some family in Wisconsin. She is definitely the closest resemblance I’ve seen to our Sumter County Jane.

DDP did mention there were some errors in the report done on WLTX, although it appears Pamela does have some family in Wisconsin. She is definitely the closest resemblance I’ve seen to our Sumter County Jane.
Pamela has a cousin who is a nun. Sister Joanna Buckley who moved to Wisconsin from Redwood Falls in 1990. source

Do you know the particular's about Pam from Minnesota...i saw where she was a singer in a folk trio called Sunlending? I see nothing about her being missing?
SOURCE
Pamela Buckley, chosen the Redwood Jaycees Sno-Queen in February and set to become Miss Redwood Falls 1971, abdicated the throne to tour the west coast with the folk-singing trio “Sunlending.”

Looks like our Pamela:
default.jpg
This is the article about the folk band. It includes the source of this quote. It doesn’t mention that she’s missing. This says it was in 1970, a couple of years before she even married her husband in Colorado.

@MadMcGoo, yes I know that the artickle is from 1970 and doesn't mention that she's missing. What I meant was that the woman in the photo looks a lot like photos posted earlier by Wastedyouth.
Edit: Sorry, now I see you weren't talking to me. Sorry.

Familysearch gives Pamela Mae Buckley's date of birth as December 16, 1951 which means that on December 1st, 1975 she would still be 23, the age listed on NamUs. If we are correct and the photos that were just posted are of Pamela Mae Buckley, then we can confirm that she went on a west coast tour with her band in 1971. It's four years until 1975, but Colorado is a west coast state. What bugs me is the fact that NamUs says that she was last seen by family in Colorado Springs, so did she have family members living there? Because the rest of her family is from Redwood (Redwood Falls), Minnesota.

I think we may be onto something here. It could be beneficial if someone contacted the Investigator assigned to this case, but only his phone number is given on NamUs. I can't call, because I'm from Europe. Bummer, I wish I had his email adress.
Also the southwestern style jewelry could have originated from Colorado

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back