Found Deceased CO - Pamela Mae Buckley, 23, Colorado Springs, Dec 1975

From what i gather, those are two different women. The colorado pam looks nothing like Jane, but Minnesota Pam does. Athough, im still confused?
Plus, i thought Jane was from Wisconsin? Maybe Pam is not Jane. Not sure.

Local news in SC mistakenly reported the newly identified Sumter Jane was from Wisconsin last night. I believe they corrected that information this afternoon and changed it to Minnesota.
There is a Pam Buckley from Colorado whose pictures were mistakenly posted on this thread early on. She is alive and well. She has nothing to do with any of this.
There is a Pam Buckley from Minnesota who went west to tour with a folk group. Eventually she married in Colorado and divorced there where she was last seen in 1976(?).
The Sumter couple were murdered in August 1976.
I think this is how it’s lined up right now. Tomorrow we’ll find out for sure.

Interesting tidbit for us "oldish" people... anyone remember the 70's singer Mary Macgregor and/or the song "Torn Between Two Lovers"? lol

Per the article linked below she was a member of Sunlending in MN, and then went on to Steamboat Springs, CO.

Full text of "The Alabamian (September 1976- August 1978)"

Later she sang, danced, and played elec-
tric piano, organ, and electric bass in
R&B and folk-rock bands, winding up
as the lead singer in a country-rock band
called Sunlending.

Mary is now working on her own, com-
muting from her home which is 35 miles
from civilization in the mountains near
Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

** Googling "Sunlending" AND "festivals" within the 70's brings some hits

I was asked to repost the pictures I found of Pamela. Here are just some of them. They do look quite similar to Sumter Jane Doe. I am hearing rumors they say she was from Wisconsin. This girl was from Minnesota and lived in Nebraska and Colorado. Hopefully, they will release names soon. I see her Namsus is still up.

They are now in fact saying the SJD is from Minnesota.

Can someone please post all the photos of the Pamela Mae Buckley in question again here as the timeline re. the other Pamela and the confusion from that makes it too confusing to manoevre back lol.

Can someone please post all the photos of the Pamela Mae Buckley in question again here as the timeline re. the other Pamela and the confusion from that makes it too confusing to manoevre back lol.

This is Pamela Mae Buckley. The one that might be Sumter Jane Doe.

Attachments

• F123BB8F-ED16-4883-8B02-63130076D413.jpeg
    F123BB8F-ED16-4883-8B02-63130076D413.jpeg
    539.8 KB · Views: 260
This also is (most probably) Pamela Mae
default.jpg

Mary Macgregor traveled with other singers/musicians in New Mexico and various cities and states. I just wonder if PMB and the other members of Sunlending could have joined-in and followed along. I could be on the wrong track but it wouldn't be the first time.

Oh dear, it might be him. But, not trying to offend anyone, I think a lot of guys looked like the guy on the left back then. The more hair you have, the harder it's to recognize you. Could be Gary, could be another coincidence. It would help to actually find an article with the names of the band stated, but I personally couldn't find anything.

Familysearch gives Pamela Mae Buckley's date of birth as December 16, 1951 which means that on December 1st, 1975 she would still be 23, the age listed on NamUs. If we are correct and the photos that were just posted are of Pamela Mae Buckley, then we can confirm that she went on a west coast tour with her band in 1971. It's four years until 1975, but Colorado is a west coast state. What bugs me is the fact that NamUs says that she was last seen by family in Colorado Springs, so did she have family members living there? Because the rest of her family is from Redwood (Redwood Falls), Minnesota.

I think we may be onto something here. It could be beneficial if someone contacted the Investigator assigned to this case, but only his phone number is given on NamUs. I can't call, because I'm from Europe. Bummer, I wish I had his email adress.
Maybe her family were visiting her in C.Springs at the time, then she went travelling again.

Maybe her family were visiting her in C.Springs at the time, then she went travelling again.
Just later I realized that she was married at the time. Maybe the "family" was actually her husband. Or some family members were visting and she went missing later, but they gave December 1st ast the last date they seen her alive and well. But then, why Pam and Gary were divorced in August 1976? Who granted him the divorce if she was missing? Was it because she abandoned him? Wasn't he a suspect? Are we right about the divorce? Lots of questions to be answered.

The guy on the left might be Pam’s ex-husband. I found him on Facebook and he looks similar to this guy.

I was just going to post the same thing. I Googled the name Gary Kennell (former husband), clicked on Images, and immediately a photo reminded me of one from the "Sunlending" link on Page 2 of this thread.

He is 76 years old and still living in Colorado Springs, if all info is correct. And if so then this case will become very interesting if Sumter County Jane Doe is indeed Pamela Mae Buckley, and he is her former husband. Not any criminal aspect. Let me emphasize that. I didn't mean to suggest anything like that. But he might be able to describe her mindset of the time frame, when he last saw her, how she became a hitchhiker, and how she might have met Jock Doe.

A Reddit poster yesterday said he has known Sumter County Jane Doe's identity for several weeks, and that there was so much info and so many pictures it might warrant a video as well as a text description. All of this info seemingly connects to that, if she was in a group that performed in the West.

I'm not up on the timeline, hadn't followed this Buckley case closely till now lol. But if this case is connected to the murdered Sumter County JD's, that makes me wonder why this all didn't connect before now lol! Mind boggling, all of it. Guess we will have to wait another day to know what's what!

I think for now we should leave Gary alone. We don't know if he has anything to do with Pamela Mae. We only just figured out that she wasn't Pamela Rae. This can be completly different person from the guy in the photo, as I mentioned before, I think that a lot of men had similar style back then. Long hair, mustache, beard.

Also, Andreee, I don't want you to think that I'm just disregarding and shutting down your theory. I just know that we're not supposed to sleuth people who are alive and not confirmed to have something to do with missing people, so I don't want anyone to go and message him or something.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back