FL FL - Daytona, WhtMale 2128UMFL, 11-21, near pond, denim jacket, May'72

I think this is the article you referring to. Suburbanite Economist Newspaper Archives, Nov 10, 1971 It's about Donald Dawson a 12 year old missing from Alsip, Illinois. He went missing in November 1971. I couldn't find a missing persons file for him anywhere. Last time he was seen he was dressed in a shirt, trousers and a brown hooded jacket. I don't think it's this UID, although I would like to know what became of this missing persons case.

Oh great find Bitofhope! I had never seen the photo of Donald . Its blurry along w the article but I can see it thank you. Yes Iam not sure the UID is Donald because the isotopes came out that he was from the surrounding Florida areas. I keep looking from time to time if I find anything else on this boy.

At least I know that the detective on the case is still actively looking and interested which is good they have not let it go.

Yes it would be nice to know what happened to Donald I have not seen anything on him either, other than the newspaper article.

I think one of major clues in the case is the bike which was reported stolen the day John Doe is believed to have been killed. I’m sure it’s lost to time, but I think it would be really important to know who the bike owner was and the circumstances of the theft. Was it taken from a public place, I.e; the owner parked his bike in front of a corner store to get a soda or something and came out to find it gone? Or was it stolen from a private residence while no one was using it? If it was the latter, that may suggest a link between the boy and that area of New Smyrna.

I think one of major clues in the case is the bike which was reported stolen the day John Doe is believed to have been killed. I’m sure it’s lost to time, but I think it would be really important to know who the bike owner was and the circumstances of the theft. Was it taken from a public place, I.e; the owner parked his bike in front of a corner store to get a soda or something and came out to find it gone? Or was it stolen from a private residence while no one was using it? If it was the latter, that may suggest a link between the boy and that area of New Smyrna.
YES I think your right on this one. I had looked up some info on the bike earlier on. But nothing stating where exactly it was taken from .. at least I don't remember but I will look back. I believe the bike has clues too.

I hope this helps with getting him identified.

thanks chatnoir84 for posting this video! I had never seen it. I finally had the time to watch it. So happy to see someone made this. One day he will get his name back!

I noticed in the posts someone did the conversion for the 1972 . He had $6.17 which the person mentions is around $36 for us today. For that time it would be a lot of money for such a young kid to be carrying..

Last edited:
John-Doe-1972.png

John Doe 1972 - Geographic Technologies Group

thanks chatnoir84 for posting this video! I had never seen it. I finally had the time to watch it. So happy to see someone made this. One day he will get his name back!

I noticed in the posts someone did the conversion for the 1972 . He had $6.17 which the person mentions is around $36 for us today. For that time it would be a lot of money for such a young kid to be carrying..
This was the first time I heard about this case and found it extremely sad. So many questions, so many theories.

This was the first time I heard about this case and found it extremely sad. So many questions, so many theories.

Yes your right soo many questions and so so many theories!!! Someone out there knows who this guy is. I wish detectives did not dismiss the bicycle connection because I really do believe it’s connected.

In my oppinion he's a runaway from the juvenile corection centre or the nearest foster home... And a clothing also was stolen, like a bicycle. Pubic region could be shared due to the hygiene terms in such institutions (flea, etc.) And like a runaway was picked by the wrong person, for example - a sexual maniac, who kilmės him with ant anger (due to a quantity of a stab wounds) btw, many sexual maniacs was a sexual victims themselves so thats why they became so angry and becomes a perpetrators...

I’d never heard of this case before yesterday. Very tragic. I can’t help but think of Michael Burnett. He went missing from California in March of 1971; he was 14 years old. Michael seems to have been a bit taller and had a surgical scar from a prior lung surgery, but his resemblance to the recon of the UID is hard to overlook IMO.

The scar would usually be an automatic rule out, however with him having been stabbed multiple times in the upper body, I think there could be a chance that the scars went unnoticed. I had thoracic surgery and my scars are tiny, maybe an inch long at most. They’d easily be unnoticeable if something else cut into them.

As far as Michael’s disappearance, there’s not too much to go on so I can’t speculate as to how or why he’d have ended up on Florida a year later, but it doesn’t seem impossible.

Michael Duane Burnett – The Charley Project
ECF91462-0B09-4AFD-B5B3-8FF8EB3B4B6C.jpeg 1E27E7E5-B0C3-463D-AF41-6643F8FA7B2B.jpeg

I'm having a hard time picturing this UID's outfit. I'm not sure if this was on here or not, but I've heard a few people imply that the clothing could have been perceived as having been somewhat provocative and may indicate possible involvement in prostitution.

However, personally, I don't get that vibe at all. I mean no offense to the UID in any way in saying this, but to me, his outfit just sounds very mismatched and strange. I ask out of legitimate curiosity, as I have no firsthand experience with the time period, but was this sort of outfit considered "in-style" among young men in the early 70s? I've always gotten the impression that the UID was just wearing a bunch of random odds and ends (possible hand-me-downs or thrift store / donated clothing). I also see that no brands are listed for any of the articles of clothing, which may or may not imply that they were cheap.

This isn't to say that the UID was not in sex work, given what we know about his pubic region being shaved. Speaking of which, despite the shaving, I personally think that it's more likely that if anything, someone (whether it was the UID himself or someone else) was trying to make the UID look older than his actual age. If this is the case, it looks like they might have actually succeeded in doing so, at least initially. If I recall correctly, the UID was originally thought to have been in his late teens or early twenties, and it wasn't until they exhumed his remains that they were able to determine that he might not have even been a teenager yet when he was murdered. I'm not sure how what basis they used to make the original estimate, though, considering that the UID was very decomposed after spending three or four days exposed to the Florida elements.

I'm having a hard time picturing this UID's outfit. I'm not sure if this was on here or not, but I've heard a few people imply that the clothing could have been perceived as having been somewhat provocative and may indicate possible involvement in prostitution.

However, personally, I don't get that vibe at all. I mean no offense to the UID in any way in saying this, but to me, his outfit just sounds very mismatched and strange. I ask out of legitimate curiosity, as I have no firsthand experience with the time period, but was this sort of outfit considered "in-style" among young men in the early 70s? I've always gotten the impression that the UID was just wearing a bunch of random odds and ends (possible hand-me-downs or thrift store / donated clothing). I also see that no brands are listed for any of the articles of clothing, which may or may not imply that they were cheap.

This isn't to say that the UID was not in sex work, given what we know about his pubic region being shaved. Speaking of which, despite the shaving, I personally think that it's more likely that if anything, someone (whether it was the UID himself or someone else) was trying to make the UID look older than his actual age. If this is the case, it looks like they might have actually succeeded in doing so, at least initially. If I recall correctly, the UID was originally thought to have been in his late teens or early twenties, and it wasn't until they exhumed his remains that they were able to determine that he might not have even been a teenager yet when he was murdered. I'm not sure how what basis they used to make the original estimate, though, considering that the UID was very decomposed after spending three or four days exposed to the Florida elements.

I know you are very serious, but looking at the 70's fashion it seems mismatched to me all the time. Especially if they name it "color-coordinated" LOL I guess in the future they have to laugh at our clothing too, seeing it back from the 2050's. Some 70's examples.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back