FL FL - Daytona, WhtMale 2128UMFL, 11-21, near pond, denim jacket, May'72

*Update: Right after posting earlier today I called the lab to check on his samples. Two extracts of Johnny's DNA have been sent to QC! This is quality control, where we examine what we've extracted to see how viable the sample is.

In spite of all of the previous failures, this extraction attempt was made on a newly discovered sample that has not been examined forensically since 1972. Every time we try something new, there is reason to hope.

THINK POSITIVE! It's time to send him home.

*Update: Right after posting earlier today I called the lab to check on his samples. Two extracts of Johnny's DNA have been sent to QC! This is quality control, where we examine what we've extracted to see how viable the sample is.

In spite of all of the previous failures, this extraction attempt was made on a newly discovered sample that has not been examined forensically since 1972. Every time we try something new, there is reason to hope.

Thank you all. Hopes up over here.

I came across this article and made me think about the Daytona boy. I wonder if this could be done with his clothing or has it been done already?

In May of 2015, the cloth recovered by police was sent to forensics for an updated analysis, which resulted in a partial profile attributed to an unknown male. Additional funding was obtained for DNA testing in 2019 and the cloth was analyzed again in 2022.
They were able to find relatives of the suspect, officials said. Those relatives gave investigators additional DNA samples for comparison.

I have not been on this thread in a while.. wow what s surprise to read on the new developments!!
I have been obsessed with this kid since I came across him years ago! Thank you to FamilyHistoryDetectives for taking an interest in him!!! thank you!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back