GUILTY TX - James Faith, AA tech director, fatally shot walking his dog, Dallas, 9 Oct 2020 *ARRESTS/wife*

He will make his first court appearance once he’s extradited back to Dallas. If convicted of the firearm offense, Lopez faces up to 10 years in federal prison. He also faces up to life on the Dallas County murder charge, officials said.
^^sbm

I'd not read that he was extradited but his Vine link report indicates he's been transferred from Dickson County, TN jail but does not disclose where. Interesting. Wonder if he's suddenly a cooperating witness.

Offender Name:
LOPEZ, DARRIN RUBEN
Custody Status:
Transferred
Race:
Hispanic
Contact Facility:
Registration for notification is not currently available for this offender.

Offender ID:

Date of Birth:
06/07/1972

VINELink

Last edited:
Someone started a fundraiser for Jennifer the day following James’ murder which raised $60,623 but it’s no longer accepting donations. I wonder if anyone will be surprised by this revelation. I'd like to know if this fundraiser closed on or about 12 January when Lopez was arrested and news broke of the "emotional affair".

Someone started a fundraiser for Jennifer the day following James’ murder which raised $60,623 but it’s no longer accepting donations. I wonder if anyone will be surprised by this revelation. I'd like to know if this fundraiser closed on or about 12 January when Lopez was arrested and news broke of the "emotional affair".

This is a very interesting revelation.

Jennifer Faith Arrested For Obstruction Of Justice In Husband James Faith's Murder Month After Arrest Of Her Ex-Boyfriend Darrin Lopez

Feb 24, 2021

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas homicide detectives along with ATF, arrested Jennifer Faith, 48, on Wednesday, Feb. 24, on a federal charge for obstruction of justice, related to the murder investigation of her husband James Faith Jr.

She was booked into the Lew Sterrett Jail where she will be held until she is moved to a federal facility.

ETA:

I think this is a huge break in the case, and I think it tells us that the DA needs more time to complete the State's investigation and determine whether or not to criminally charge JF for murder, conspiracy, or obstruction, in the case of her murdered husband.

It's been clear from the beginning that JF deleted messages from the defendant after her husband was murdered.

Dallas | Northern District of Texas | United States District Court

Last edited:
Wife of fatally shot American Airlines IT director arrested on obstruction of justice charge | wfaa.com

Feb 24, 2021

DALLAS — Authorities arrested Jennifer Faith on Wednesday on a federal charge of obstruction of justice, Dallas police said.

Faith was booked into the Dallas County jail around 1 p.m. She will stay there until she is moved to a federal facility, Dallas police said.

Faith's ex-boyfriend Darrin Ruben Lopez is accused of killing her husband James Faith on Oct. 9.
________

Video newslink of JF arrest at link above.

Widow arrested after fatal shooting of her husband outside their north Oak Cliff home

Feb 24, 2021

Updated at 4:47 p.m.: Revised to include additional information from a Dallas Police Department blog post.

The widow of a north Oak Cliff man who was gunned down as the couple walked their dog last year has been arrested.

Jennifer Faith, 48, was booked into the Dallas County jail Wednesday afternoon, jail records show.

Police said in a blog post that she faced a federal charge of obstruction of justice and would remain in the jail until she was transferred to federal custody.

[..]

Toby Shook, a defense attorney for Jennifer Faith, said Wednesday that he couldn’t comment on the arrest, but he confirmed that the charging documents were sealed. He has told WFAA-TV (Channel 8) that his client is innocent and has fully cooperated with police.

ETA:

As I stated in an earlier post above, I think reading that her federal arrest charges have been sealed confirms (to me) that the Dallas DA is still investigating Jennifer Faith, and state charges should be expected.

No winners. Sad for all the families and friends here. MOO

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member