Found Deceased IL- Lane Campbell, 50, Chicago, 19 Feb 2021

‘It's So Bizarre:' Friends, Family in Shock After Chicago Man Reported Missing

A community is in shock after a beloved attorney at Northwestern University was reported missing this week.

Lane Campbell, 50, was last seen on Feb. 19 in the 900 block of Belle Plaine Avenue in Chicago, according to police. The attorney, who works on research contracts at Northwestern, is described as a happy and laid back guy, and friends and family are shocked at his disappearance.

“He’s a very social guy,” Mark Sheppard, a longtime friend, said. “He loves music shows (and) bringing people together.”

Sheppard said that the last time he spoke to Campbell was simply about the parking issues caused by heavy snow in Chicago, a perfectly normal conversation at odds with his sudden disappearance.

Chicago police say that Campbell frequented south-suburban Oak Forest. Sheppard says that Campbell spent some time there last week, going to his girlfriend’s house on Walnut Road.

‘It's So Bizarre:' Friends, Family in Shock After Chicago Man Reported Missing

Chicago police say that Campbell frequented south-suburban Oak Forest. Sheppard says that Campbell spent some time there last week, going to his girlfriend’s house on Walnut Road.

“She left him at her place. She had an appointment, and she expected to see him when she returned,” he said.

“They were supposed to have lunch together later in the day, and Lane didn’t show up,” Annie Campbell-Yunginger, Lane’s younger sister, said.

His family believes that he left his girlfriend’s place with a duffle bag on Friday morning, either leaving via ride-share or public transportation. That bag was found at his home in Chicago, along with his car, according to friends and family.

Police believe he had his cellphone, wallet and house keys when he left his home.

The family says the cellphone hasn’t yielded any clues, and the family has hired an attorney and a private investigator in an effort to find him.

https://abcnews4.com/news/local/mur...ners-son-missing-chicago-area-dead-dog-saloon

The son of Charlie Campbell, who owns Dead Dog Saloon in Murrells Inlet is missing in the Chicago area, according to Campbell and Chicago police.

Lane Campbell, 50, was last seen on Feb. 19, in the area of the 900 block of Belle Plaine Avenue in Chicago, according to police.

Lane Campbell is an attorney at Northwestern University.

Charlie Campbell told ABC15 that the day he went missing he was with his girlfriend. She left to go to an appointment and when she came back he was gone.
upload_2021-2-24_22-11-25.jpeg

I don't know Lane, but I live in the Myrtle Beach area and have frequented the Dead Dog Saloon (pre-COVID), which his father owns in Murrells Inlet down the road from me.

I am acquaintances with his Dad, Charlie from going to the restaurant/bar many times and I am friends with him on Facebook. So saddened to hear about this from Charlie directly when Lane went missing. Everyone is baffled as to his whereabouts.

Chicago attorney vanished a week ago; friends, family want answers

Lane G. Campbell was last seen the morning of Feb. 19 at his girlfriend’s home in Oak Forest, according to a bulletin. He is believed to have traveled back to his Chicago apartment in the Buena Park neighborhood, based on a search of the residence later.

There is surveillance video from a week ago showing Campbell near Oak Forest in his girlfriend’s car.

“There’s a possibility — and certainly his last cell phone ping indicates — that he may have come to Chicago and gone back to Oak Forest,” she said Thursday.

Question:
If he was driving his girlfriend’s car, then what was her mode of transportation to the appointment she left for that morning?

Just came across this article:

https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/02/25/uptown-man-dear-friend-of-local-music-scene-has-gone-missing-family-says/

To Note:
•Campbell last was seen Feb. 19 at his girlfriend’s home in suburban Oak Forest.
•While his girlfriend was out, Campbell left the home that morning and appears to have traveled back to his Uptown apartment
•His personal belongings he had with him in Oak Forest were found in his Uptown apartment when Campbell’s girlfriend and police inspected the place the evening of the 19th.
•But Campbell was not at his apartment
•Campbell did not take his car to visit his girlfriend so it’s not known how he traveled back to Uptown.
•His car was parked near his apartment when his girlfriend and police went looking for him

Just came across this article:
https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/0...cal-music-scene-has-gone-missing-family-says/
Uptown Man, 'Dear Friend' Of Local Music Scene, Has Gone Missing, Family Says

To Note:
•Campbell last was seen Feb. 19 at his girlfriend’s home in suburban Oak Forest.
•While his girlfriend was out, Campbell left the home that morning and appears to have traveled back to his Uptown apartment
•His personal belongings he had with him in Oak Forest were found in his Uptown apartment when Campbell’s girlfriend and police inspected the place the evening of the 19th.
•But Campbell was not at his apartment
•Campbell did not take his car to visit his girlfriend so it’s not known how he traveled back to Uptown.
•His car was parked near his apartment when his girlfriend and police went looking for him
Then when was he driving her car?

So he made it back home after leaving his gf??
A comment I read indicated he did make it home (overnight bag found in his apt).

Truly a mystery. If he left her house while she was gone, did he take public transportation or did someone give him a ride? Kind of strange he didn't text her and let her know what he was doing?

Then when was he driving her car?
I question this as well. Girlfriend had an appointment, I thought she would take her own car. When she returned he was gone. It also stated he was supposed to meet her for lunch and didn't show. How was he getting to the lunch date? I have a little hinky thing going on. IMO

I feel for the girlfriend but am trying to look at this objectively.

My opinion only of course, but Occam’s razor says to look at the last person he was seen with. Spouses/partners are always the first person questioned. Do we know for sure he made it back to his apartment and not just his overnight bag? When was the last proof of when he was seen?

We have heard from several people close to him, including his ex. But have we heard from the girlfriend?
The article above states there is surveillance of him from a week ago showing him in his girlfriend's car, near her home.

He's an adult. He's single. He's capable of taking care of himself. There are apparently no signs of the proverbial "foul play". Are LE and the PI able to review his bank and credit card transactions or is that an invasion of privacy?

This explains a bit more about him being in her car on Friday, Feb. 19th

https://www.missinginillinois.org/p...ruary-19-2021-oak-forest-cook-county-illinois

As of 2/27/2021

Lane was at his girlfriends residence near Walnut Road in Oak Forest the morning of February 19, 2021 when she left the residence. When she returned, he was gone and her vehicle was still there. His vehicle had been at his residence from prior.

It was later confirmed that during the time she left the residence, Lane took her vehicle, was spotted at the Shell gas station at 7:59 AM on camera at 15901 Crawford Avenue, Markham, Illinois.

The overnight bag he had at her residence was located at his own residence near Belle Plaine Ave in Chicago. His vehicle was still at his residence.

It is believed he may have his keys, wallet and cell phone are with Lane.

If you have any information, please contact the Chicago Police Department.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back