Found Deceased IL- Lane Campbell, 50, Chicago, 19 Feb 2021

A couple of random thoughts:
The article below makes me wonder if his apartment is in a safe area. Maybe he was in the wrong place at the wrong time?
Also - it looks like he's a couple of blocks from one of the Great Lakes. As someone else mentioned, was he in the habit of walking on the ice?
I did read that his last phone ping was south of the city, but that didn't seem definite.

Man Shot Dead In Broad Daylight In Uptown

His apt in Chicago is in a safe area, safe as you can be in Chicago. Markham has a courthouse, and he was an attny so maybe he went there for gas, as he could've been familiar with the area. (It's about a mile SW though, so probably not relevant).

The closest Metra station is about 4.5 miles from the house, so it's unlikely he'd walk there.

His apt in Chicago is in a safe area, safe as you can be in Chicago. Markham has a courthouse, and he was an attny so maybe he went there for gas, as he could've been familiar with the area. (It's about a mile SW though, so probably not relevant).

The closest Metra station is about 4.5 miles from the house, so it's unlikely he'd walk there.

Body of Missing Chicago Attorney Found Near South Suburban Golf Course

The body of a Northwestern University attorney, who was reported missing late last month, was found Friday afternoon near a south suburban golf course, authorities said.

The Cook County Sheriff's Office confirmed Lane Campbell, 50, of Chicago, was located deceased near 163rd Street and Central Avenue. The body was discovered near a trail adjacent to the George Dunne Golf Course, Cook County Forest Preserve authorities said.

Search ends for Lane Campbell, missing son of a well-known Murrells Inlet restaurant owner

Friday evening, the Missing Persons Awareness Network confirmed that Lane's body has been found.

The Oak Forest Police Department is now investigating the death. Oak Forest is a suburb of Chicago south of the city.

Rest in peace, Lane.

Body found near Oak Forest golf course identified as missing Buena Park man
Updated Mar 5, 2021, 7:25pm CST

Lane Campbell was found just before noon near the George Dunne Golf Course...
The sheriff’s office said there were no indications of foul play, and an autopsy has been scheduled to determine the cause of death.
What the heck happened? Suicide? Heart attack? This is disturbing. He seemed like an all around good guy. Condolences to his family and friends. This will be a tough loss. How does this happen?

Not the ending we hoped for. My thoughts are with Lane's loved ones :(

He was found pretty close to his girlfriend's house on Walnut.
Google Maps
Thank you for that. I was just going back and writing down addresses to see what home he was close to. This now confuses me on the gym bag at his place. Very well could be false info. None the less, very sad outcome.

No foul play to me means he took his own life. This is wild speculation, but if he loves live music and travel, this year may have been particularly hard on him. In a long Chicago winter with no end to the pandemic in clear sight, I see how one could feel hopeless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnySomber
Back