OH - James Hutchinson, 6, abused, thrown in river, Middletown, 28 Feb 2021 *GUILTY*

Investigators say six-year-old James Hutchinson was allegedly murdered by his mother in Preble County.

A volunteer search group will be meeting in Lawrenceburg Sunday morning to search along the banks of the Ohio for the boys' bodies.
Balloon release held for local boys who were murdered

Gosney, 29, is facing charges of murder, gross abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence. Her boyfriend James Hamilton, 42, is also charged with gross abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence.

Both are expected to appear in court again March 8 for a preliminary hearing. They are currently being detained in the city of Middletown's jail.
Search for 6-year-old James Hutchinson resumes Sunday morning

Ohio mom indicted on 16 counts after allegedly abandoning, then killing, 6-year-old son

I could care less about a drug problem for these two. Just remember, she meant to drop off all her kids and only James was outside of the car.Let 's face it, he didn't go quietly. He had to have screamed in pain and his siblings heard it. I have nothing for these two and you can bet he was more involved that what is being reported. IMO
to be clear I don’t think drug charges or use excuses this. But the whole story stinks to me. And actually one way I could maybe see it happening is the dealer lives in the area. Cant take the kids. Have to get drugs. Kids don’t want to stay at park alone. Little James tries to get back in the car. BG hits the gas to get out of there and get her stuff. Run over James. Gets her drugs. Comes back. He’s dead. And if someone has already said this I apologize for missing the post. Of course this is pure speculation MOO, JMO. I am trying to make sense of something that will never make sense which is always a losing battle.
Investigators continue search for 6-year-old James Hutchinson in the Ohio river
Search for 6-year-old James Hutchinson continues, body still not recovered

The two attorneys representing these two share an office, I am sure they are "public defenders" for them- but if you Google them you will see they share an office. I don't know why but that bothers me. Jeremy Evans and David Washington - law office Hamilton, Ohio
If it makes you feel any better, it looks like there are only about 10 total criminal defense attys in Hamilton, and about 5 total offices (all within a block or 2 from the Butler county jail).

Bail has been set at $2 million for the mother of a 6-year-old boy who police say died when she tried to abandon him and his two older siblings at a park and drive away but he grabbed for a door and was dragged.

Bail for Hamilton was set at $750, 000.

Both he and Gosney were represented by court-appointed attorneys who did not comment on the charges their clients face.
Bail set at $2M bail for Ohio mom charged in missing son’s death | WANE 15

*I want them both to suffer. Especially the the so called mom. I wonder. Does she remember the times little James called her “mom?” I can think of despicable acts inflicted by the other inmates. I hope she’s rooming with a rough tough crew. I might need to pray for forgiveness tonight for my bad thoughts. I can’t help but want them to have jail justice. And him?! Oh yeah, he better watch his back. He will be dealt with accordingly...

Bail has been set at $2 million for the mother of a 6-year-old boy who police say died when she tried to abandon him and his two older siblings at a park and drive away but he grabbed for a door and was dragged.

Both he and Gosney were represented by court-appointed attorneys who did not comment on the charges their clients face.

*I want them both to suffer. Especially the the so called mom. I wonder. Does she remember the times little James called her “mom?” I can think of despicable acts inflicted by the other inmates. I hope she’s rooming with a rough tough crew. I might need to pray for forgiveness tonight for my bad thoughts. I can’t help but want them to have jail justice. And him?! Oh yeah, he better watch his back. He will be dealt with accordingly...
I don’t think you need to worry. I suspect it will be a rough trip through the prison system for these two. People will know who they are and why they’re there. It’s just a matter of time. MOO

Don't be to hard on yourself I think most of us are having same thoughts as you. They deserve everything that happens to them in jail and then more.
MOO

That was exactly my thought as well. Hoping for an insanity defense maybe? Or no body, no murder... I keep coming to this thread for James, but it makes my stomach hurt every single time. I’m not sure I can handle it when it comes to trial.
JMO, IMO, MOO
I think the vast majority of defendants plead not guilty at their arraignment even if there is a confession prior to them being charged...it definitely still is upsetting to hear this
JMO

The city of Middletown says it is working with the Middletown City Schools and a financial institution to create a trust to benefit the siblings of James Hutchinson.

"We anticipate the trust being available for the community soon and we will share that information as soon as possible," the city said in a news release.
Middletown and Middletown City Schools establishing trust for James Hutchinson

The city of Middletown says it is working with the Middletown City Schools and a financial institution to create a trust to benefit the siblings of James Hutchinson.

"We anticipate the trust being available for the community soon and we will share that information as soon as possible," the city said in a news release.
Middletown and Middletown City Schools establishing trust for James Hutchinson

The Middletown Police Department says Gosney has no previous criminal record. The department says it also was never called out to the home on Crawford Street in Middletown.

However, the property owner says the family moved in on February 1, 2021. The homeowner says Gosney's name was on the lease, but says he knew James Hamilton was also living in the home.

Neighbors tell us during the short time the kids lived at the home, they hardly saw them.

We asked the Middletown City School District for more information regarding James and his two siblings.

A spokesperson with Middletown City School District says "The children were happy students with great attendance. Like his one teacher said last night, James never missed a Zoom. Brittany Gosney was in communication with the schools and accepted any resources we gave her, including working with our Success Liaison."
https://www.scribd.com/document/496715387/Rush-Run-Public-Records#from_embed
'The children were happy students,' school district says of James Hutchinson and siblings

dear god, was it at 3 am she as trying to abandon them? no wonder he tried to get back in, how terrifying for small children to be left in a dark secluded spooky place!! something tells me "mom" was not alone when this occurred and is trying to take the fall.... she doesnt seem very bright and easily manipulated.

also, she communicated with the school and the kids attended and seemed happy. how long was she with this guy? the possible neglect and abuse were a new development? no excuse either way any man who tells you "get rid of your kids" should get the boot post haste!

I think the vast majority of defendants plead not guilty at their arraignment even if there is a confession prior to them being charged...it definitely still is upsetting to hear this
JMO
Yes, and I think the not guilty plea is just a step in the process of plea bargaining. A guilty plea would shut off that avenue. MOO.

That seems to be SOP these days, even when they have confessed o_O

At the hearing, I believe she claimed she was learning disabled and did not understand what the judge was asking/telling her. Though LE said she understood when she was being questioned and never made such a claim.

IMO, learning disabled people are capable of comprehending it is wrong to try and leave your children at a wildlife refuge because your boyfriend doesn't want them around. Further, running over your son, leaving the scene, going back and collecting his dead body, then dumping his body in a river - cannot be seen as actions you didn't know were wrong.

That seems to be SOP these days, even when they have confessed o_O

At the hearing, I believe she claimed she was learning disabled and did not understand what the judge was asking/telling her. Though LE said she understood when she was being questioned and never made such a claim.

IMO, learning disabled people are capable of comprehending it is wrong to try and leave your children at a wildlife refuge because your boyfriend doesn't want them around. Further, running over your son, leaving the scene, going back and collecting his dead body, then dumping his body in a river - cannot be seen as actions you didn't know were wrong.
Well said, Knox! How many egg donors have harmed their own children because a new “man” in their life doesn’t want the baggage? (Susan Smith comes to mind). If you’ve managed to raise children who seem intelligent and caring as James’ teacher (principal?) commented IIRC, my foggy memory only so .m.o.o, you are “smart” enough to know you don’t abandon children in the middle of the night, run over and kill one, and then report him as missing after you’ve thrown him like so much trash in the cold dark river.

This case has shattered my already weary heart. I guess that’s a good thing in that it means I’m not totally desensitized to these horrific stories, but this one has me by the throat. I don’t know if I’ve ever been this angry since poor Caylee Anthony. I’m beyond furious.

All speculation and throwing out thoughts and opinions, nothing more.

Please Lord, let James be found and his earthly body laid to rest, though he is already at peace in Your loving arms.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back