GUILTY IN - Grace Ross, 6, found dead; Boy, 14, taken into custody, New Carlisle, 12 Mar 2021

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Very disturbing, this tragedy. At least people have come together to support her family, friends and each other. This pretty little 6 year old girl. Such a great age. No more silly giggling or hugging or big snaggle-toothed smiles...

Very disturbing, too, is this 14 y/o who is being detained in conjunction with little Grace's death. What in the world happened? How did LE know whom to detain? Eye witness? Confession? Caught with her body? What? Why? A 14 year old young boy, in so much trouble. OMGosh.
SMH. Prayers for all.

“She lit up a room. She’s so intelligent, so beautiful and spunky,” Grace’s nana Kelli Howard said.

Those are the words that the nana of 6-year-old Grace Ross uses to describe her beloved granddaughter. “And she would sit on my lap and tell me that she would snuggle me until I’m 100.”
Candlelight vigil held for 6-year-old found dead in New Carlisle

*I have no words...

“She lit up a room. She’s so intelligent, so beautiful and spunky,” Grace’s nana Kelli Howard said.

Those are the words that the nana of 6-year-old Grace Ross uses to describe her beloved granddaughter. “And she would sit on my lap and tell me that she would snuggle me until I’m 100.”

*I have no words...
Yes. This is particularly brutal. I’m so glad they caught the perpetrator and hope he can never hurt anyone else again.

Well, you know how that goes, he'll be in juvie, record expunged when he's 21, let out to do it again. :mad::rolleyes::(

There's a possibility that the case can be transferred out of juvenile court into regular criminal court even though he is 14, depending on various factors. One of them is if the perpetrator has a previous record of bad acts, which we don't know yet of course:

For certain offenses and youth of certain ages that have committed certain offenses, upon prosecutorial motion and after a hearing, the juvenile court may transfer certain cases to criminal court. This includes youth who are at least 14 and have a “repetitive pattern of delinquent acts” or youth who are at least 16 and are charged with a felony. Ind. Code Ann. §§ 31-30-3-2, 31-30-3-3.

Indiana – NJDC

Just a guess but some things are making me suspect this was a sexually motivated crime and so we may see more action taken to try the case out of juvenile court due to the seriousness of the charge.

Grace Ross case: 14-year-old suspect being detained in juvenile facility - CNN

(CNN)A 14-year-old suspect who was arrested in connection with the death of a 6-year-old girl in Indiana had a hearing Monday in juvenile court and was ordered detained, officials said.

The preliminary results of an autopsy said the girl died from homicide by asphyxiation. More tests are being done, according to a release from the St. Joseph County Prosecutor's Office.

Jessica McBrier, director of media relations for the prosecutors office, said the teen is being held at a juvenile detention facility.

Very disturbing, this tragedy. At least people have come together to support her family, friends and each other. This pretty little 6 year old girl. Such a great age. No more silly giggling or hugging or big snaggle-toothed smiles...

Very disturbing, too, is this 14 y/o who is being detained in conjunction with little Grace's death. What in the world happened? How did LE know whom to detain? Eye witness? Confession? Caught with her body? What? Why? A 14 year old young boy, in so much trouble. OMGosh.
SMH. Prayers for all.

yeah I have to say this 14 year old disturbs me more than the one that killed her sister. I can think of lots of things that might have happened to cause the sister murder. But it doesn’t sound like this boy is related to the 6 yo. I suspect this is going to be very disturbing on all fronts. Prayers for both families.

*I have no words...

the words of grace’s mother, aunt, and grandmother offer a stark contrast to the few words we have about the two little ones missing in CA. I’m glad precious Grace was well loved.

I hope nothing else negative will be found on the autopsy or the other tests being done. Her family has already had enuff bad news for the rest of their lives.
Oh, she was a beautiful little girl. Perfect.

Fly high above all this sadness and badness down here, little angel. May your earthly family find peace and joy from the memories you left them.
Justice for Grace and her family.

Little Maddie Clifton (8) was murdered by her 14 year old neighbor in 1998. IIRC, the boys mom found her decomposing body under his bed. Horrid what he did to her. IMO

This poor little girl.....

I was living in the region when this happened. That the perpetrator was a GIRL was especially horrifying.

Murder of Elizabeth Olten

I hope nothing else negative will be found on the autopsy or the other tests being done. Her family has already had enuff bad news for the rest of their lives.
Oh, she was a beautiful little girl. Perfect.

Fly high above all this sadness and badness down here, little angel. May your earthly family find peace and joy from the memories you left them.
Justice for Grace and her family.

There is a definite possibility that we many not hear many more details (especially if it remains in juvenile court), no matter what the autopsy shows or investigators learn, due to the age of the perpetrator. They may want to spare the families to a certain extent but a lot will depend on the culture of that particular part of the country/state, it's LE and press. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back