TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason could have driven around after his phone stopped tracking data but it's a tight timeline. Yet, there was one passerby, before the VFF happened upon the accident site, who did not see Jason's car so there's that to consider, if it's verified.

Occam's Razor would lend itself to no deviation from Jason's route through that Intersection until the crash occurs on SFR so I just don't know.
BBM--
this is what I am curious about, and I realize LE does not have to share details with us, but...
the one passerby who did NOT see Jason's car leads me to believe that
1. He wasnt there in the accident area at that time
2. He was there, but it was dark and Jason's cars lights were off.
Now, if car lights are off, then how did FF see the accident ??
If lights were on and that is how FF saw his car, then why didnt previous passerby see it??
My vehicle's lights were on after my accident and I had to turn them off after wrecker and police showed up.
So, this just kind of tugs at me, wondering about the passerby and FF and Jason's cars lights.
Just my thoughts tonight and wondering where Jason is and praying for his family.

BBM--
this is what I am curious about, and I realize LE does not have to share details with us, but...
the one passerby who did NOT see Jason's car leads me to believe that
1. He wasnt there in the accident area at that time
2. He was there, but it was dark and Jason's cars lights were off.
Now, if car lights are off, then how did FF see the accident ??
If lights were on and that is how FF saw his car, then why didnt previous passerby see it??
My vehicle's lights were on after my accident and I had to turn them off after wrecker and police showed up.
So, this just kind of tugs at me, wondering about the passerby and FF and Jason's cars lights.
Just my thoughts tonight and wondering where Jason is and praying for his family.
Let me help you here. His car was found supposedly with the lights on. His father shared a picture of the car found in the Lordan Arts video at about 1:10:00 minutes in here

My understanding is we are allowed to discuss this youtuber. So, I would assume the car was NOT there when this reported passerby passed by.

Let me help you here. His car was found supposedly with the lights on. His father shared a picture of the car found in the Lordan Arts video at about 1:10:00 minutes in here

My understanding is we are allowed to discuss this youtuber. So, I would assume the car was NOT there when this reported passerby passed by.

Yes, we are allowed to discuss that vid. I waited until we have permission to discuss before I brought up my thoughts and questions about it. This was a day or so after the video was made.

Let me be clear. I do not personally know the missing person, Jason Landry.

Yes. It was his first year at TSU.

Yes, Jason had an apartment although I do not know details about location, who paid for it or if he had roommates or not.

Our local parks have been marked off with crime scene tape including the tennis courts and children's play area but it could be different in San Marcos. The bubble is not something I'm familiar with. Do you wish to elaborate?

I suppose he could have driven to the coast recently. Did he? Did his employee know Jason was going to be gone for a while in December?

I personally do not know his favorite activities other than playing games as indicated by the items located inside the backpack. Where did he go for vacations?

I am certain that I don't know the answer to those personal questions about Jason but that does not mean I don't want to help find him. Was he reluctant to visit home where his other family members may be?

Although I could be so wrong, I don't suspect Jason left his apartment and wandered off in Luling in December then spent Spring Break in Galveston, TX this past week. However, if you know something differently, just tell us. We can handle the truth. We'd really appreciated anything you are willing to share.
I do not personally know Jason. I am simply asking questions to verify information as well as keep all options open for discussion.

The Galveston article was to show how “open” various areas are in Texas. Just that a lot of college students are gathering with friends and dealing with Covid in different ways. I do not think Jason is partying in Galveston. I do think that he had some type of mental episode or perceived something that caused him to flee. I think it is possible he could still be suffering from it, alive but staying hidden.

A bubble is where you have certain people in your small “covid safe” group that you gather with - they follow the same guidelines/rules regarding exposure to others/masks/etc. Such as housemates, best friend, shared tutor, etc.

Texas has many open areas for the public. Parks are open to walk, hike, fish, etc.
Some children’s parks were closed during summer but there are plenty of outdoor options where Jason could go outside and the school did not make him stay in his apartment. Only those who test positive for Covid are supposed to isolate from others.

I feel like we don’t know anything about him and hard to picture what he would do in these circumstances.

Sorry if my post was confusing!

I do not personally know Jason. I am simply asking questions to verify information as well as keep all options open for discussion.

The Galveston article was to show how “open” various areas are in Texas. Just that a lot of college students are gathering with friends and dealing with Covid in different ways. I do not think Jason is partying in Galveston. I do think that he had some type of mental episode or perceived something that caused him to flee. I think it is possible he could still be suffering from it, alive but staying hidden.

A bubble is where you have certain people in your small “covid safe” group that you gather with - they follow the same guidelines/rules regarding exposure to others/masks/etc. Such as housemates, best friend, shared tutor, etc.

Texas has many open areas for the public. Parks are open to walk, hike, fish, etc.
Some children’s parks were closed during summer but there are plenty of outdoor options where Jason could go outside and the school did not make him stay in his apartment. Only those who test positive for Covid are supposed to isolate from others.

I feel like we don’t know anything about him and hard to picture what he would do in these circumstances.

Sorry if my post was confusing!

Thank you for replying and for your interest in Jason's case. I certainly was holding my breath in case you held foreboding information.

It really is just too bad this occurred in this v rural location. There is no way for Investigators to throw it in reverse and start fresh once they've already allowed the most crucial time period to lapse.

* My version of an example:
During a search, there were police dogs who were running back and forth from the abandoned house to the pond and back and forth again.
Well, they finally drained the pond, then declared it must have confused the dogs somehow because LEO had already visited the abandoned house.
* Sheriff Miller's version:
Miller said canines brought in to search the area were “going back and forth” between the abandoned house and a pond that was later drained and searched, without finding Landry. But investigators are not certain the canine was picking up on Landry’s scent, because a deputy and a trooper had checked the same house just after the wreck was discovered.
Missing Texas State student Jason Landry’s abandoned car did not cause immediate concern; police work to overcome early investigative delays

Thank you for replying and for your interest in Jason's case. I certainly was holding my breath in case you held foreboding information.

It really is just too bad this occurred in this v rural location. There is no way for Investigators to throw it in reverse and start fresh once they've already allowed the most crucial time period to lapse.

* My version of an example:
During a search, there were police dogs who were running back and forth from the abandoned house to the pond and back and forth again.
Well, they finally drained the pond, then declared it must have confused the dogs somehow because LEO had already visited the abandoned house.
* Sheriff Miller's version:
Miller said canines brought in to search the area were “going back and forth” between the abandoned house and a pond that was later drained and searched, without finding Landry. But investigators are not certain the canine was picking up on Landry’s scent, because a deputy and a trooper had checked the same house just after the wreck was discovered.
Missing Texas State student Jason Landry’s abandoned car did not cause immediate concern; police work to overcome early investigative delays
Just a small correction.
It said Caldwell County Sheriff’s Sgt Miller.
So, he’s not actually the Sheriff.

Being a witness to a crime, an accident, calling in a tip, stopping at a scene, or the last person to see someone before they go missing, is not always a good place for that witness in the court of public opinion. Lives can be wrecked with baseless accusations. IMO

I can't recall... who found the backpack, and when?

When the car was towed, did the backpack go with it? Or did someone hold on to it separately?

"A volunteer firefighter who found the vehicle did not enter it, nor did a trooper who also responded to the scene. It was towed to an impound yard, where Landry's father came to view it the following morning. He found Landry's cellphone between the driver's seat and the center console. At this time, it is unknown if it fell there during the crash or prior.

When his father visited the crash site, officials say he discovered articles of Landry's clothing about 900 feet away on the roadway, including a shirt, shorts, socks, underwear, slide sandals and a watch. The clothing was turned over to investigators, who discovered a small blood spot that was not indicative of serious bodily injury [...]

Investigators say additional items, such as a backpack, a ball cap, a plastic bag containing personal toiletries, and a tumbler with his deceased beta fish inside, were also discovered about 900 feet from the site. These items were found north of where the clothing was found. Landry's backpack contained his wallet, a useable amount of marijuana, a laptop, gaming equipment and a few other personal items."

Phone data reveals final known moments before disappearance of Texas State student Jason Landry | wtsp.com

Last edited:
All too familiar story huh? What’s really going on, this isn’t Jason’s story, although it sounds just like it. Another Texas man missing after his car was found wrecked with blood and phone left in it.

Liberty man’s crashed car found, but no sign of him

He was driving an older model Black Nissan Altima with black tinted windows. Family members were told by police that blood was found in the vehicle, along with Bartell’s phone.

Last edited:
I just created a thread, If I did it right, it sounds identical to Jason’s story, I think maybe even same make and model car ....
Thank you @dimples37398 for starting one for Christopher.
This is just so weird how identical these two cases are.
Yikes

Makes me wonder if there are more men missing after an accident ?
Especially in Texas??

WOW.. that is a huge difference.
So probably unrelated, but still a bit eerie that circumstances are same.

Well, yes... and no. It all depends on the serial killer. I'm not saying Jason's case is due to a serial killer but you did bring up that due to the distance it is probably unrelated (so therefore not the same perp/serial killer). Not every serial killer 'plays' in his own backyard. Some have a rather large playing field. Take the I-5 Killer for instance:

Randall Brent "Randy" Woodfield is an American serial killer, rapist, kidnapper, and robber who was dubbed the I-5 Killer or the I-5 Bandit by the media due to the crimes he committed along the Interstate 5 corridor running through Washington, Oregon, and California.

Another serial killer, Ted Bundy, traveled and killed interstate. Bundy committed at least 30 homicides in the states of Washington, Utah, Florida, Colorado, Oregon, Idaho and California.

And the list goes on... It could be a truck driver, a state trooper, or anyone, really.

Luling and Liberty are nearly 200 miles apart.
True, but Jason's home town, Missouri City, is on the other side of Houston from Liberty, maybe 25 miles apart? Still, there's a few other differences. Although both are described by MSM as college students, Bartell is 40 with two daughters. Probably he commutes to class at Lamar University in Beaumont, although I don't know if classes there are held in person at this time. I think Bartell would best be described as a "non-traditional" student given his age. But the phone also being left in the car is not a good sign. Hoping for a positive outcome.

True, but Jason's home town, Missouri City, is on the other side of Houston from Liberty, maybe 25 miles apart? Still, there's a few other differences. Although both are described by MSM as college students, Bartell is 40 with two daughters. Probably he commutes to class at Lamar University in Beaumont, although I don't know if classes there are held in person at this time. I think Bartell would best be described as a "non-traditional" student given his age. But the phone also being left in the car is not a good sign. Hoping for a positive outcome.
That's interesting. I wonder if they both had university stickers or parking passes visible on their vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs