Found Deceased TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I can not access the Travis County court site - I shall post this & wait for @PommyMommy to let me know IF this is still a go for today....

Monday, March 22nd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am CT) - TX - Heidi Elizabeth Broussard (33) & Margo(t) Elizabeth Carey (2 wks.) (missing on Dec. 12, 2019, Austin; found Dec. 19, 2019, Heidi deceased inside trunk of car (2015 Nissan Versa) owned by Magen at Jersey Village near Houston; baby Margo(t) alive & healthy). *Magen Rose Fieramusca (33/now 35) aka Maygen Humphrey, Magan (& Magen) Rose Humphrey, Maygen Fieramusca, May Humphrey & May Fieramusca arrested (12/19/19) & charged (12/20/19) with 2 counts of 3rd degree kidnapping & 1 count of 2nd degree tampering with a human corpse. $600K bond.
Indicted & recharged (1/28/20) with capital murder by terror threat & 2 counts of 3rd degree kidnapping (Margo(t)) & 1 count of tampering with evidence. $1M bond (on murder).
Court info on case & hearings from 12/20/19 thru 11/24/20 reference post #848 here:
Found Deceased - TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend, Magen Fieramusca charged* #12

12/16/20 Update: Pretrial hearing has been rescheduled to 1/20/21 with counsel only. The docket report say that the defendant will NOT appear in-person for court date 1/20/21. Will probably be another virtual hearing. Maybe Attorney Wood not avail on 1/20 & Bailey appearing with Brian Erskine.
1/20/21 Update: Next pretrial hearing on 2/26/21. Appearance of defendant waived. 2/26/21 Update: No update on hearing yet. Next pretrial hearing on 3/22/21 @ 9am. Defendant must appear.

Since I can not access the Travis County court site - I shall post this & wait for @PommyMommy to let me know IF this is still a go for today....

Monday, March 22nd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am CT) - TX - Heidi Elizabeth Broussard (33) & Margo(t) Elizabeth Carey (2 wks.) (missing on Dec. 12, 2019, Austin; found Dec. 19, 2019, Heidi deceased inside trunk of car (2015 Nissan Versa) owned by Magen at Jersey Village near Houston; baby Margo(t) alive & healthy). *Magen Rose Fieramusca (33/now 35) aka Maygen Humphrey, Magan (& Magen) Rose Humphrey, Maygen Fieramusca, May Humphrey & May Fieramusca arrested (12/19/19) & charged (12/20/19) with 2 counts of 3rd degree kidnapping & 1 count of 2nd degree tampering with a human corpse. $600K bond.
Indicted & recharged (1/28/20) with capital murder by terror threat & 2 counts of 3rd degree kidnapping (Margo(t)) & 1 count of tampering with evidence. $1M bond (on murder).
Court info on case & hearings from 12/20/19 thru 11/24/20 reference post #848 here:
Found Deceased - TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend, Magen Fieramusca charged* #12

12/16/20 Update: Pretrial hearing has been rescheduled to 1/20/21 with counsel only. The docket report say that the defendant will NOT appear in-person for court date 1/20/21. Will probably be another virtual hearing. Maybe Attorney Wood not avail on 1/20 & Bailey appearing with Brian Erskine.
1/20/21 Update: Next pretrial hearing on 2/26/21. Appearance of defendant waived. 2/26/21 Update: No update on hearing yet. Next pretrial hearing on 3/22/21 @ 9am. Defendant must appear.
It looks like a go, Niner, and that she may have to appear this time. MOO

Screenshot (721).png

Criminal Docket Search (traviscountytx.gov)

Last edited:
MAR 22, 2021
Austin woman accused of killing friend, stealing her baby to appear in court Monday | KLBK | KAMC | EverythingLubbock.com
The Austin woman charged with killing her best friend, kidnapping the woman’s baby and trying to pass it off as her own child will appear in court virtually Monday in Travis County.

[...]

This is Fieramusca’s first hearing since new Travis County District Attorney Jose Garza took office. His office will try this high-profile case that made headlines across the country.

Fieramusca has been in jail since her arrest. It’s been more than 15 months since Broussard’s death, and Fieramusca has still yet to appear in a courtroom.

The court coordinator tells KXAN during Monday’s hearing they will discuss the case and give a status update. They confirmed everyone will appear, including Fieramusca.

Former friend accused of kidnapping, murdering Heidi Broussard due in court Monday | KEYE (cbsaustin.com)
The woman accused of kidnapping and killing an Austin mother is expected to face a judge in Travis County on Monday.

KVUE News on Twitter
UPDATE: Magen Fieramusca's attorneys requested the bond reduction part of the hearing be canceled. Instead, a status hearing is still planned.
9:55 AM · Mar 22, 2021

Bryce Newberry on Twitter
Magen Fieramusca, accused of kidnapping & killing her longtime friend Heidi Broussard, just appeared in court for the first time in a year. It was originally a bond reduction hearing but her attorneys withdrew that request. She’ll continue to be held on $1.6 million bond.@KVUE

10:38
AM · Mar 22, 2021

3/22/21 460TH DOCKET

Last edited:
Woman accused of strangling Heidi Broussard to steal her baby makes first appearance in court | Daily Mail Online

40849056-9394243-image-a-1_1616529933832.jpg

Heidi Broussard case: Murder suspect appears in court Monday | kvue.com

3/22/21

AUSTIN, Texas — The woman accused of kidnapping and killing her longtime friend appeared in a virtual Travis County court Monday for the first time since last year.

Magen Fieramusca, 35, is charged with capital murder, two counts of kidnapping, and tampering with evidence. She’s being held in the Travis County Correctional Complex with a bond of $1.6 million for all of the charges.

[..]

While not much happened during the hearing Monday, we saw her for the first time in over a year. She hasn't appeared before a Travis County judge since March 2020. The next action is scheduled for April 28 – a meeting with attorneys and the judge for updates.

Austin woman accused of killing friend, stealing her baby makes first court appearance | Fox 59

This is Fieramusca’s first hearing since new Travis County District Attorney Jose Garza took office. His office will try this high-profile case that made headlines across the country.

Complete coverage of the case: see link above

Since it's Capital Murder, is she eligible for the DP? Has the DA said if they'll be going for it? I'm opposed, but this is one case that makes me waiver a bit.

Since it's Capital Murder, is she eligible for the DP? Has the DA said if they'll be going for it? I'm opposed, but this is one case that makes me waiver a bit.
In Texas Cap Murder can be punished by life of DP. As far as I know nothing has been said about what they are going to do.

Since I'm SO close to the case I keep going back and forth on whether or not I think she should get life or the DP.

At this point I just want a conviction, that'll come eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes