US Virgin Is - Sarm Joan Lillian Heslop, 41, British, aboard vessel Siren Song, St. John, 7 Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could, but, probably not. He did local excursions and moored near a town with easy access to provisions., so no need for a large refrigerator to take away valuable space. Space and weight on a boat are very important. One rule of thumb in the boating world is; if you bring something on-board, you need to then take something OFF.

I highly doubt she is on the boat.
But I would like to ask you, since you are a boat person, whether a 47 ft cat, which takes and feeds groups of tourists, would have a sizable freezer.

From the link:

"We know where the Siren Song is located, and so we assume that where the Siren Song is, he’s also located in that area," U.S. Virgin Islands Police Department Commissioner Trevor Velinor said. He said the boat remained located within his department’s jurisdiction but declined to specify where exactly."

Long article. There's some background on Sarm - she sounds like an amazing, gentle woman. The article made me cry a little.

Before she vanished without a trace earlier this month from a serene bay off St. John in the US Virgin Islands, Sarm Heslop was happily working to improve her culinary skills.
And now, Bane has disappeared. A source told The Post that he sailed away from St. John on Thursday. FBI agents scrambled to find him and chartered a boat for the search.
After a brief trip to Malta to visit friends last year, Heslop returned to the Virgin Islands in January, moving onto Bane’s 47-foot catamaran where she cooked for the tourists who spend up to $2,000 a day for tours around the Caribbean.

“Becoming the chef on the boat was a way for her and Ryan to be together,” said Zan Lawther, a friend of Heslop’s, in an email to The Post. “All reports from Sarm and the few that met him were that they were very happy.”
Bane told authorities that he noticed Heslop was missing at 2 am when he was woken by the boat’s anchor alarm, which sounds if the boat drifts too far from where it’s anchored. The weather was calm although the current near the bay was rough, according to locals.
“If she left the boat at night, she didn’t take the dinghy, but had to swim to shore,” said Rick Smith, who runs Cimarron Yacht Charter in St. John. “It’s only 100 feet but the current is really strong and very dangerous in that area. The whole thing is pretty perplexing.”
But on Thursday, the Siren Song disappeared from Frank Bay where it had been anchored for weeks after Heslop’s disappearance. “He could have gone anywhere — to a Dutch, French, or even British island where there is no extradition,” said Smith. The British Virgin Islands is only five miles away from St. John, he said.

The FBI would not comment on the case, other than to say its division headquartered in San Juan, Puerto Rico, was assisting the U.S. Virgin Island Police Department.
FBI searching for man who sailed off after Sarm Heslop vanished

I'm not sure I agree that RB can go somewhere with no extradition treaty. At least not easily.
Treaty Document 105-19 - EXTRADITION TREATY WITH ORGANIZATION OF EASTERN CARIBBEAN STATES
Non Extradition Countries: Best Places To Run w/ No Extradition Treaty

I wonder what his attorney has to say about RB taking off?
I have a feeling the atty told RB to hightail it. JMO

We now have a source for them watching a film when they returned to the boat - RB told one of Sarm's best friends, Kate.

It contradicts the story they went to sleep at around 10pm. It's not a 1/2 hour discrepancy - more like over an hour.

Could even be to account for noises from the boat, if anyone heard any, IMO. That was the defense used by a young South African, Henri van Breda - neighbors reported hearing loud commotion from the house and he said he and his family were watching a very loud movie.

"Kate Owen quit Britain 15 months ago with former air hostess Sarm, 41, to start a new life in the Caribbean.

Kate, 41, has told pals she cannot understand why Mr Bane has cut contact with her.

Asked what Mr Bane, 44, had told Kate, she added: “He just said everything was fine and they had dinner out and then took the dinghy back to the boat.

Nothing seemed untoward. They went back to the boat at about 10pm and watched a film. "

Missing Brit Sarm Heslop's heartbroken best friend in desperate plea for answers

It could, but, probably not. He did local excursions and moored near a town with easy access to provisions., so no need for a large refrigerator to take away valuable space. Space and weight on a boat are very important. One rule of thumb in the boating world is; if you bring something on-board, you need to then take something OFF.

These yacht island hoppers rely on fresh ingredients from local markets. Fresh fish, seafood and fruity desserts feed the tourists. Chef Sarm. That's Sarm's Job.

So, I listened to Monkey Werx Mar 26 morning show; mentioned a US Official MIL VIPs flight to the Bahamas. The US is sending help for Sarm, even though it's been 21 days, and HB shipped out when it was the 18th day of her missing. We will find her.
See flight data below. Whatcha think?
WS SARM FLight to Bahamas.png

Attachments

• WS SARM Flight Aware Mar 27 US to BAHM.png
    WS SARM Flight Aware Mar 27 US to BAHM.png
    222.8 KB · Views: 93
These yacht island hoppers rely on fresh ingredients from local markets. Fresh fish, seafood and fruity desserts feed the tourists. Chef Sarm. That's Sarm's Job.

So, I listened to Monkey Werx Mar 26 morning show; mentioned a US Official MIL VIPs flight to the Bahamas. The US is sending help for Sarm, even though it's been 21 days, and HB shipped out when it was the 18th day of her missing. We will find her.
See flight data below. Whatcha think?
View attachment 290282

How do you rename a yacht? Can you just put a new sticker on and forge papers?
Is there a boating community similar to trucks that you radio each other to look out for this yacht? Sorry just speculating and hoping someone sees it soon..
JMO

I don't know this for sure but I thiiiiiink boats officially go by registration #'s and not names, therefore one would remove the old name and put the new name. I don't think that is a simple process though but maybe with enough goo-gone but I'd imagine there would still be discoloration .
I believe the registration can not be changed. IMO I could be wrong.

hahaha...apparently if there is a weed angle here, I'm on it!

margarita25 may want to chime in, too, on this subject.
How big a part does the area where they were sailing view the naturally growing product mj?

A useable amount is a reasonable amount.
The proper SS for the US's flight's arrival in the Bahamas
WS SARM US Flight to Bahamas Mar 27.png

margarita25 may want to chime in, too, on this subject.
How big a part does the area where they were sailing view the naturally growing product mj?

A useable amount is a reasonable amount.
The proper SS for the US's flight's arrival in the Bahamas
View attachment 290284

@margarita25 (just making sure she got the tag) ;)

He was charged by the US Coast Guard with obstructing law enforcement agents who boarded his boat hours after Sarm’s disappearance.

When they boarded anyway, he is understood to have stood in a doorway and told them they could not go inside.

Bane was handed a citation, which does not count as a criminal record, for refusing to allow officers inside the vessel.

Cant they get a search warrant??

Many many many years ago I went to St. Croix. It's amazing, go if you can! Of all things, I did go on a catamaran cocktail cruise and it was fabulous! No, it was not on this boat, mine was smaller. On that trip, I also went parasailing and I remember just how perfectly clear the water was from above! I could easily see right to the bottom.
I think that's relevant because there are many seaplane flights between the islands and people in and above the water at all times there. I clearly remember how amazing it was to see into the depths of the ocean when I was parasailing. Perhaps the area they were in is less clear? Or the currents would have taken her to sea?
So, in a way, to me.... it does seem that her being on land might actually be a better way of concealing her than putting her in the water? (my rambling opinion with not enough coffee yet this morning)!

How do you rename a yacht? Can you just put a new sticker on and forge papers?
Is there a boating community similar to trucks that you radio each other to look out for this yacht? Sorry just speculating and hoping someone sees it soon..
JMO
I'm no yacht owner, but we have a rinky dink boat. (Kidding, we love it but it's not a yacht!) If there's one thing we know and drill into our kids heads it is that FWC is STRICT and you do not, ever, mess with boating laws. It's the # on the boat that better be visible, accurate, etc. I'm not sure about naming it. I'm thinking he's likely being tracked whether he knows it or not.

Eta: FWC= Florida... Wow! What does that stand for?! Ha! My littles call them "water cops".

Last edit: no wonder I only know them as FWC: Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

Last edited:
Took 2 days to hit me... but reading this last post questioning if she made it back to boat....why would he disappear Sarm on land and how.....?
1. They broke up when she found him out---drug smuggler?---something illegal?

Overview - Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands Drug Threat Assessment

2. He conned her into coming back?
3. He wanted it all...or no witness and she is on land ( produce the clothes u wore to 420?
Would illegal activity be known to other gals who "cooked" as well as the x ?
Bet his dads house is under $400k
Bet his family funded this yacht adventure or drug money
Bet his family are either Dr's or Lawyers
Bet they inherited
This is not my Lake Orion people ...peoples......
Did the 3rd world do cadaver dogs search on land?
Why daddy not hire search team yet for little Johnny if innocent? Motown

Last edited:
I often thought over the last week that maybe Sarm went missing on land. The worry is that over 60% is forests which are vey dense.

Police now questioning if missing Brit Sarm Heslop boarded her boyfriend's boat as he claims | Daily Mail Online
We need video with a time stamp either from the restaurant itself or somewhere nearby. One article said a business owner expected to be asked for video but LE hasn't asked. (Perhaps that has changed since the article.) Just seems that collecting any available video would be a preliminary step to establish when and where (and if) they were on land.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member