US Virgin Is - Sarm Joan Lillian Heslop, 41, British, aboard vessel Siren Song, St. John, 7 Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm posting here over a year after this comment. I've always wondered why Flora Pickard so quickly deflected attention from Sarm being 'missing' by speculating that Sarm was out partying. Perhaps Flora even influenced the local police from the beginning by asserting that Sarm was a party girl and most likely somewhere on another island. Flora tried to cast doubt on Sarm's character and Sarm's commitment to Ryan. This has always bothered me about this case. Plus, why did Ryan Bane not immediately call the boats in the area for help and the coast guard? If someone is missing off a boat it is STANDARD to search the waters immediately, call the coast guard, and not take any chances. (My husband and I are sailors - Yachtsman and Day Skipper.) What transpired doesn't make sense at all. <modsnip>
Thank you for your knowledgeable input! It pretty much agrees with comments from other sailors who posted here.

IMO Ryan knows exactly what happened to cause Sarm’s disappearance and he had no interest in notifying the Coast Guard immediately. I suspect he never would have bothered at all if it wouldn’t have aroused suspicion from LE.

This whole case stinks to high heaven and sadly I’m afraid *someone* has gotten away with murder. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
There are just so many odd things about his behavior that it seems to indicate consciousness of guilt.

Other scenarios you can imagine where she got off that boat on her own are also far-fetched.

But this one is bothering me: Why call LE in the middle of the night, which is what an innocent person does, only to then fail to call the Coast Guard for so long afterward (which makes you look totally guilty)?

He could easily have waited until the morning without having anyone question that.

This article has new photos of RB.

RSBM and BBM

Our exclusive pictures show Bane, 44, on a grocery run, jogging and at the wheel of a boat in Grenada.
A local said: “Ryan hasn’t been seen since November but now he’s back.”

All the inconsistencies around the CCTV are interesting but it's hard to know what it means. It could be that USVI PD stopped the playback and won't release a copy because something happens that they want to conceal. Or it may be that if they showed it all, it would reveal that the footage in fact came from a different date, hence the clothes being different than expected. Or it may be that RB is not telling the truth about the clothes, which it would be worth USVI PD trying to get to the bottom of.

I think what is clear is that one or more parties in this picture have something to hide, and that Sarm did not wander off voluntarily, catch a ride on another boat, or just go overboard alone either deliberately or accidentally.

JMO

This thread is now closed. Click below to continue in Thread #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43