Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting my own post to add-
One of the more imo bizarre statements BM made which has nagged at me, snipped from article below, bolding mine for emphasis:

“This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me,” Barry explained. “But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

MOO, that statement strikes me as a very odd thing to say, especially the “if one person got saved from this she would think it was worth it”. To me, it implies BM knows SM is deceased.
At the point in time he made this statement, there was no evidence she was deceased, and based on the theories he threw out, he wouldn’t have known whether Suzanne was going to return, i.e., she had recently gone missing so should be holding out hope she was somewhere out there alive and possibly return?? Aside from that, sure, by all accounts SM was a good Christian woman of strong faith, but I mean, after fighting hard to beat cancer twice, I think it’s a pretty safe bet that Suzanne valued her life and wanted to live. So I have to wonder exactly who BM thought Suzanne would think was worth losing her life for so that this person could be saved?? You BM? Someone you’re covering for? Please do tell because frankly, I find it hard to believe Suzanne would think it was worth losing her life to save bad guy abductor(s), stalker, nasty sex trafficker(s),
or.....pesky Mountain Lion. :rolleyes:

I have often wondered if this was some sort of spontaneous utterance by BM?, as given the circumstances and considering the context of what all BM said he believes may have happened to SM prior to making this statement, try as I might, I just can’t make much sense of it, at all.

‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
bbm
Well stated.

It appears that BM knows and has known since day one that Suzanne will not be returning home.
Regardless of what he says.
None of his actions shows that he fears his wife might turn up and be displeased at his seizing of her assets, selling her home, and most of all his silence and inaction.
Not to mention LE have never indicated that the public be on high alert for a random, bushy-haired abductor, human sex trafficker, or a mountain lion.
The one person who said a cougar was spotted , turned out to have been given the information by BM himself.

I will give BM credit for a truthful statement : "People don't know the truth...".
That is accurate.

• They don't know the 'why' : re. the motive.
  • They don't know the 'how' : re. how she died if she's deceased -- which LE seem to have hinted by digging up a concrete foundation and two search warrants inside her home.
  • They don't know the 'who' : re. who harmed Suzanne if she's no longer with us, the only clue is following LE's actions and they've not cleared BM.
  • They don't know the 'where' : re. where is Suzanne now ?

So BM did let slip a truthful statement for once.

Hoping there's a break in the case soon !
It's coming up on a year anniversary of Suzanne being 'disappeared'; and the only ones showing concern are Suzanne's siblings, her now-deceased father, the reporter LS, and others in the media -- most of whom never met Suzanne.
Crickets and a deafening silence from everyone else.
Saddened and disgusted.

Imo.

Last edited:
Saying a cat was involved shows a a naive midwest belief in tales of the wild wild west.
Yes, there are cat attacks but they cannot make a hundred pound prey dissapear.
So on Monday morning in day light I am sure it was established with absolute certainty there was no cat attack.

Well, as a mom, if my children were under threat, my LIFE would be worth giving to save them. If we are having a discussion about someone else being a threat to the family and the father got passed over and the mother was taken, this “thing” that “saved just one” would be “worth it” to save a child. Otherwise, I think he’s full of phooey. And probably is.
Respectfully Snipped.

This was the quote that got me wondering as well. Taking out BM is way too direct and LE would be all over it asking who had something to gain. A long established family contracting business "could" see BM as a threat, or one could speculate that BM is into providing "something else" that a criminal element considers a direct threat to "business".

What stands out in the quote is "got saved from this" and "this thing". BM knows what this "thing" is, but so far has not elaborated. And if this "thing" happened, and BM is innocent, why was the bike and helmet left laying around for LE to find? Why would SM think it was "worth it"?

"Things" don't leave large pieces of evidence like the bike and helmet, people do. So what is this "thing"?

"Come Watson, come! The game is afoot!"

Saying a cat was involved shows a a naive midwest belief in tales of the wild wild west.
Yes, there are cat attacks but they cannot make a hundred pound prey dissapear.
So on Monday morning in day light I am sure it was established with absolute certainty there was no cat attack.

And someone who is an experienced hunter in CO, would never honestly think a mountain Lion could do that and leave no trace.

Exactly, and why LE knew that his narrative was BS from the git-go. Question is, was it to cover up something he did or that someone else did?

I go back and forth with that question too.

But if someone else did it, I see no reason to stage a bike ride. Why not just have SM vanish in thin air. Then BM could get home from his fake alibi, pretend to not know where SM is for a day and make a missing persons call to 911.

But if someone else did it, I see no reason to stage a bike ride. Why not just have SM vanish in thin air. Then BM could get home from his fake alibi, pretend to not know where SM is for a day and make a missing persons call to 911.

Staging a bike ride moves the initial Place Last Seen from the house to near a highway and waterway. Vanishing into thin air still leaves SM at the house, the last place BM want's LE poking around until he has time to clean up any lingering evidence.

Rather than hiring a professional "cleaner" (think the cleaning crew from John Wick) from the dark web and risk accidently hiring an undercover LE agent, BM did the job himself.

Still on the fence if he committed the act, or someone else did and he was forced into cleanup mode with some poorly planted evidence tacked on.

The idea might be that a assailant to threw it off the side of the road to avoid any one seeing the abandoned bike.
And then hurled the helmet up the other side of 50 because?

Respectfully Snipped.

This was the quote that got me wondering as well. Taking out BM is way too direct and LE would be all over it asking who had something to gain. A long established family contracting business "could" see BM as a threat, or one could speculate that BM is into providing "something else" that a criminal element considers a direct threat to "business".

What stands out in the quote is "got saved from this" and "this thing". BM knows what this "thing" is, but so far has not elaborated. And if this "thing" happened, and BM is innocent, why was the bike and helmet left laying around for LE to find? Why would SM think it was "worth it"?

"Things" don't leave large pieces of evidence like the bike and helmet, people do. So what is this "thing"?

"Come Watson, come! The game is afoot!"

MOO
Mixed up stories.
Cat = abandoned bike where attack happened + evidence of attack (blood) and drag, item evidence found higher up the hill.

Opportunist = bike thrown over side and possibly evidence at attack right at assault site but no more evidence such as a helmet being thrown with force up the opposite highway hillside .

The idea might be that a assailant to threw it off the side of the road to avoid any one seeing the abandoned bike.
And then hurled the helmet up the other side of 50 because?

The reason I struggle with this is that BM was so vocal about LE "messing up the evidence". How did BM know what "evidence" was being messed up? Then you add the whole "cat" scenario he tried to float with no success. I often wonder if LE officers had a good laugh over coffee and doughnuts discussing that false flag.

MOO
Mixed up stories.
Cat = abandoned bike where attack happened + evidence of attack (blood) and drag, item evidence found higher up the hill.

Opportunist = bike thrown over side and possibly evidence at attack right at assault site but no more evidence such as a helmet being thrown with force up the opposite highway hillside .

Two scenarios come to mind:
  1. SM was abducted and the actor tossed the bike down the hillside and the helmet up the hillside on the other side of the highway.
  2. Someone planted the bike and helmet to move the reported (initial) place last seen from the home, to the highway and river.
Which of the two scenario's make the most sense?

The Cat story is a complete non-starter. Had there been any evidence of that, SAR and LE would have been all over it. What most likely happened is that either a Tracker or Scent Dog indicated there were no cat prints or cat scent in the area SM went missing. I do believe that prints were found near the bike and that LE took some good pictures with size references and possibly casts, or there were no prints which would indicate that the actor wiped out any prints he made, but that in itself is evidence as who would take the time to do that, unless the shoes that made those prints were right in front of LE and the media at every interview?

The reason I struggle with this is that BM was so vocal about LE "messing up the evidence". How did BM know what "evidence" was being messed up? Then you add the whole "cat" scenario he tried to float with no success. I often wonder if LE officers had a good laugh over coffee and doughnuts discussing that false flag.

The house was a kind of trap.
No cameras.
No landline
No people.

Last edited:
Unless maybe someone else who had access to the scanner discussed heard the call and ran over (innocently and without knowing who was missing yet) to the scene. Maybe that person saw the scene being “messed up” if responders weren’t wearing gloves while handling whatever was found, the scene was trampled over and possible footprints were ruined, whatever was found wasn’t photographed before being moved, etc. Once that person realized it was Suzanne who was missing, they could have told BM about it being handled improperly (for what turned out to perhaps be a crime scene). I still don’t think it was random but I do enjoy these discussions of alternate theories lately. It keeps my mind fresh.

IMO -
* I feel that there are some things that show BM was NOT involved.
* I feel that there are some things that show BM was involved.

There's a weird thought that I feel that he was involved, but he didn't know when, what or where.

IMO -
* I feel that there are some things that show BM was NOT involved.
* I feel that there are some things that show BM was involved.

There's a weird thought that I feel that he was involved, but he didn't know when, what or where.
I feel he is solely responsible for her missing. One man - and it is him. Now, he may of involved others and they did not know when what or where.

MOO

I distinctly remember Barry putting out there that there were 2 people that spotted Suzanne on Mother’s Day. I think he mentioned it to Lauren but I can’t find the interview. Does anyone remember that? That’s a pretty big deal for him to throw out such information. I’m wondering what ever became of that? It just seemed to fade into the background.
IMO
I remember BM saying this. I do not believe it is true. If it were true, LE would have put out a flyer/done a press conference saying that SM was last seen riding her bike on Sunday, May 10, around such and such a time, at such and such a place, wearing such and such clothing.
LE has only ever said that SM was was “reportedly” riding her bike that day. Who reported it? The next door neighbor that BM sent to check the house, twice. Once to check for SM’s car and back again to check for her bike. He then asked her to call the police. The whole bike ride narrative emanated from BM. MOO

I remember BM saying this. I do not believe it is true. If it were true, LE would have put out a flyer/done a press conference saying that SM was last seen riding her bike on Sunday, May 10, around such and such a time, at such and such a place, wearing such and such clothing.
LE has only ever said that SM was was “reportedly” riding her bike that day. Who reported it? The next door neighbor that BM sent to check the house, twice. Once to check for SM’s car and back again to check for her bike. He then asked her to call the police. The whole bike ride narrative emanated from BM. MOO
YES and I think it was a calculated move for him to ask the neighbor to call 911. That way he wouldn't be recorded .

YES and I think it was a calculated move for him to ask the neighbor to call 911. That way he wouldn't be recorded .

The fact the neighbor made the 911 call has troubled me, he knew LE and probably had personal cell phone numbers. Why push off that call? One reason I thought would be so the neighbor was able to meet LE at the house, but it seems very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member