Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post @Trackergd.
I have thought about other theories such as you posited above as well. I have said before that IMO, the only other scenario that makes sense to me if BM didn’t fatally harm SM, is he’s covering for someone else because to me, no other scenario explains BM’s actions, non-actions, and besides the few bizarre public statements he’s made, his overall silence since SM vanished. I’ve thought of possibilities such as business deal gone wrong/BM didn’t pay up etc., and “organization” person(s) threatened BM into silence or else daughters would be next; fatal attraction type scenario and BM didn’t want anyone to find out he had been cheating on SM; and/or someone else close to BM (inner circle/network), and he covered up for them for reason(s) known only to him.

The other thing to consider is if the Saturday 4pm sandwich sighting of BM & SM is indeed fact, then any of the scenarios above are even less probable IMO, because the assumption is BM & SM would’ve been home together all evening making it harder to believe someone else tried to harm SM without BM intervening.

At any rate, I consider any of the above scenarios to be somewhat far-fetched, albeit not completely out of the question. To put into clearer terms, as of now, I’m 95% BM, 4% BM covering for someone else, 1% BM innocent of any wrongdoing/involvement, subject to change as/if more info gets revealed.

Hoping and praying Suzanne is found soon, someone held accountable, and justice served.

IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Quoting my own post to add-
One of the more imo bizarre statements BM made which has nagged at me, snipped from article below, bolding mine for emphasis:

“This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me,” Barry explained. “But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

MOO, that statement strikes me as a very odd thing to say, especially the “if one person got saved from this she would think it was worth it”. To me, it implies BM knows SM is deceased.
At the point in time he made this statement, there was no evidence she was deceased, and based on the theories he threw out, he wouldn’t have known whether Suzanne was going to return, i.e., she had recently gone missing so should be holding out hope she was somewhere out there alive and possibly return?? Aside from that, sure, by all accounts SM was a good Christian woman of strong faith, but I mean, after fighting hard to beat cancer twice, I think it’s a pretty safe bet that Suzanne valued her life and wanted to live. So I have to wonder exactly who BM thought Suzanne would think was worth losing her life for so that this person could be saved?? You BM? Someone you’re covering for? Please do tell because frankly, I find it hard to believe Suzanne would think it was worth losing her life to save bad guy abductor(s), stalker, nasty sex trafficker(s),
or.....pesky Mountain Lion. :rolleyes:

I have often wondered if this was some sort of spontaneous utterance by BM?, as given the circumstances and considering the context of what all BM said he believes may have happened to SM prior to making this statement, try as I might, I just can’t make much sense of it, at all.

‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
The planting of that tree w/the rocks placed around it almost remind me of a memorial type of grave. Like it was made to honor someone loved dearly.

jmo

Over
Under
Auger
Downer

BM said that if Cat got her, they like to drag their prey up.

I want to know how far DOWN a Bobcat will go.

6 feet downer?
10 feet downer?

Any chemists here?

Will lye or lime poison a planting? Red needles?

Can you get to that tree by wading across the creek?

Hidden in plain sight?

Some people do like to bury their secrets....

I'd like to unbury them.

It's time.

JMO

Over
Under
Auger
Downer

BM said that if Cat got her, they like to drag their prey up.

I want to know how far DOWN a Bobcat will go.

6 feet downer?
10 feet downer?

Any chemists here?

Will lye or lime poison a planting? Red needles?

Can you get to that tree by wading across the creek?

Hidden in plain sight?

Some people do like to bury their secrets....

I'd like to unbury them.

It's time.

JMO

When we moved in to our new home we had 'hard pan' bad. We rented an auger, or what ever it is to drill down in to the soil.......and I want to say we my (ex) husband went down may be 6-8 ft, at least 6.

In my parents back yard, they had to dynamite it first.
I imagine it would be pretty noisy either way. jmo

I distinctly remember Barry putting out there that there were 2 people that spotted Suzanne on Mother’s Day. I think he mentioned it to Lauren but I can’t find the interview. Does anyone remember that? That’s a pretty big deal for him to throw out such information. I’m wondering what ever became of that? It just seemed to fade into the background.
IMO

I distinctly remember Barry putting out there that there were 2 people that spotted Suzanne on Mother’s Day. I think he mentioned it to Lauren but I can’t find the interview. Does anyone remember that? That’s a pretty big deal for him to throw out such information. I’m wondering what ever became of that? It just seemed to fade into the background.
IMO

Yes - I seem to remember that, too. At the time, my thoughts were that it backed up the possibility that perhaps BM had someone of similar stature wear Suzanne’s blue helmet and ride to and fro past the neighbour’s house until they could be sure they’d been seen.

Quoting my own post to add-
One of the more imo bizarre statements BM made which has nagged at me, snipped from article below, bolding mine for emphasis:

“This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me,” Barry explained. “But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

Respectfully Snipped.

This was the quote that got me wondering as well. Taking out BM is way too direct and LE would be all over it asking who had something to gain. A long established family contracting business "could" see BM as a threat, or one could speculate that BM is into providing "something else" that a criminal element considers a direct threat to "business".

What stands out in the quote is "got saved from this" and "this thing". BM knows what this "thing" is, but so far has not elaborated. And if this "thing" happened, and BM is innocent, why was the bike and helmet left laying around for LE to find? Why would SM think it was "worth it"?

"Things" don't leave large pieces of evidence like the bike and helmet, people do. So what is this "thing"?

"Come Watson, come! The game is afoot!"

Last edited:
Yes - I seem to remember that, too. At the time, my thoughts were that it backed up the possibility that perhaps BM had someone of similar stature wear Suzanne’s blue helmet and ride to and fro past the neighbour’s house until they could be sure they’d been seen.

The difficulty I have with this is that it involves another individual. What individual wishes to be implicated in a homicide for riding a bike around in someone else's clothing? Even if the individual was not aware of why at the time, they do now. The more people involved in a crime, the odds get better that someone will have loose lips.

"Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead".

Last edited:
Respectfully Snipped.

This was the quote that got me wondering as well. Taking out BM is way too direct and LE would be all over it asking who had something to gain. A long established family contracting business "could" see BM as a threat, or one could speculate that BM is into providing "something else" that a criminal element considers a direct threat to "business".

What stands out in the quote is "got saved from this" and "this thing". BM knows what this "thing" is, but so far has not elaborated. And if this "thing" happened, and BM is innocent, why was the bike and helmet left laying around for LE to find? Why would SM think it was "worth it"?

"Things" don't leave large pieces of evidence like the bike and helmet, people do. So what is this "thing"?

"Come Watson, come! The game is afoot!"
"got saved from this"
Do you think he means that religiously?

IMO
I don't recall hearing this.
This would be a huge deal to LE.

IMO
Yes I remember reading somewhere early on, can’t remember where, about BM saying ‘someone’ saw SM on Sunday. Don’t recall he said 2 people claimed to have seen her but at any rate, to my knowledge this person(s) never came forward and/or quoted in MSM.
I actually don’t take BM’s word for anything as he’s lied and so many inconsistencies in what he says every time he speaks. But for argument’s sake, let’s say this person and/or 2 people exist and (thought) they saw SM on Sunday, I’m sure they would have contacted LE, and LE most definitely would’ve checked it out to verify if it was valid SM sighting. My guess is after LE checked it out, they determined it was a case of mistaken identity, i.e., the person they saw turned out not to be SM but someone else.

IMO, if LE had verified it to be a valid sighting of SM, they would not still be saying SM was last seen by her husband Barry Morphew at 5am on Sunday. Also, stating the obvious, if those sightings of SM were verified to be true, it would be huge and we’d still be hearing about it, as it would clear BM since he was out of town all day Sunday. But we know as of their most recent press release, LE hasn’t cleared anyone.

IMO, BM either made that up to quiet the suspicion he knows was swirling around him, and/or he got wind that 2 people ‘thought’ they saw SM (he would know it wasn’t her), took advantage and threw the info out there hoping people would buy it and run with it for awhile taking some of the pressure which was coming down on him early on, off.

IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Yes I remember reading somewhere early on, can’t remember where, about BM saying 2 people saw SM on Sunday. To my knowledge these 2 people never came forward and/or quoted in MSM. I don’t take BM’s word for anything as he’s lied and so many inconsistencies in what he says every time he speaks. But for arguments sake, let’s say these 2 people exist and (thought) they saw SM on Sunday, I’m sure they would have contacted LE, and LE most definitely would’ve checked it out to verify if it was valid SM sighting. My guess is after LE checked it out, they determined it was a case of mistaken identity, i.e., the person they saw turned out not to be SM but someone else.

IMO, if LE had verified it to be a valid sighting of SM, they would not still be saying SM was last seen by her husband Barry Morphew at 5am on Sunday. Also, stating the obvious, if those sightings of SM were verified to be true, it would be huge and we’d still be hearing about it, as it would clear BM since he was out of town all day Sunday. But we know as of their most recent press release, LE hasn’t cleared anyone. IMO, BM either made that up to quiet the suspicion he knows was swirling around him, and/or he got wind that 2 people ‘thought’ they saw SM (he would know it wasn’t her), and threw it out there hoping people would buy it and run with it for awhile taking some of the pressure that was coming down on him early on.

IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
That's interesting. I do recall someone (LE?) saying they realized SM had been seen last later than they originally thought.

"got saved from this"
Do you think he means that religiously?
Very strange comment.
I think anyone's fear for their missing wife or husband would be that a killer got them, so who would say "if even one person got saved from this" ? Is he imagining her saving her captor?
I still am very suspicious that Suzanne didn't go on the trip with her daughter's and Barry's mother and I think his sister.
That is all the family women in Colorado. Though it might be her Monday appointment.

That's interesting. I do recall someone (LE?) saying they realized SM had been seen last later than they originally thought.
Yeah I remember that too early on.
I don’t remember LE exact wording atm, but if LE weren’t taking BM’s word that he last saw her in bed at 5am Sunday, they’d likely be trying to pin down when last time someone other than BM saw SM to nail down the timeline, and they have someone who says they saw her on May 6th at dumpster area and someone who saw her at his bike repair shop on May 7th, they check those out and verify last seen by someone other than BM was on May 7th. Then someone comes forward a little later and says oh, I saw SM & BM in town getting a sandwich at 4pm Saturday etc. My guess is at the time they made the statement they we’re getting all this SM sighting info coming in and still working on verifying all of it. It’s hard to say because LE has released so little info, and sometimes what they release publically often times is to not want to tip perp/suspect off to what they know.

I really do believe if LE were able to confirm any sightings of SM on Sunday after BM left for Broomfield, we’d know about it, as it’d be huge info, clear BM, and we’d have seen LE taking a different stance- releasing BOLO’s etc. IOW, handling SM missing as an abduction.

IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I believe she was abducted while riding her bike. I think whoever took her drove far from this area, maybe out of state. Pray

MOO Playing along with your theory, abduct her for what reason? Ransom? Awfully convenient for the “abductor” that daughters & hubby all out of town at the same time leaving a cancer survivor home alone, convenient the home security cameras were not working. SM was a “very low risk” victim if you’re familiar with Profiling Evil victim analysis. I don’t agree with your theory of an abductor unless he was hired by BM.
No evidence pointing to an abductor, Sheriff certainly didn’t feel the public was in danger, personal item found away from the area the bicycle was recovered. Sloppy abductor? Nah, planted evidence maybe. Praying she is eventually found and justice served. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennyboo