Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 March 2021 #2

His Mother specifically said RO had not taken his "antibiotics" with him during one of her interviews, when his meds were mentioned.

'People with sickle cell disease are more vulnerable to infections.

Most people need to take a daily dose of antibiotics, usually penicillin, often for the rest of their life.'

His Mother specifically said RO had not taken his "antibiotics" with him during one of her interviews, when his meds were mentioned.

Most people need to take a daily dose of antibiotics, usually penicillin, often for the rest of their life.'

Thanks for posting this, @tedtink. I had missed Richard's mother's specific reference to antibiotics. Only heard and read of a generic reference to 'medication'.

Yes, he would also have been prescribed a range of pain medication of varying strength, some of which would likely have a strong contraindication with alcohol.

Yes, he would also have been prescribed a range of pain medication of varying strength, some of which would likely have a strong contraindication with alcohol.

Possibly we we don't know that for sure.
He may have just managed with paractemol or ibruprofen IF he'd had had painful episodes.

Thanks, I'd missed that too, so my earlier post about possibility of access to strong opiates is rather flimsy (but still not impossible, JMO)

This is quite a random comment, but I am wondering about his levels of vitamin D if he has barely been going out. Whether low levels have contributed to a possible low mood. In any case he may have supplemented or had a diet rich in it. I know it won’t help Richard now, sadly.

Thanks, I'd missed that too, so my earlier post about possibility of access to strong opiates is rather flimsy (but still not impossible, JMO)

Definitely not impossible. He was 19. Much as his mother will have taken an active role in managing his condition throughout his childhood, it would be completely normal and appropriate for him to have started managing it himself in recent years. She will have been in the consulting room with him less and less often and may not know what he's been prescribed recently. If there's one thing we know for sure, it's that she didn't know as much about his life as she thought she did (for which no judgement).

If he was suicidal, he might have been exaggerating his pain in order to stockpile opioids. Or perhaps he didn't need to exaggerate but was actually in a lot of pain all of the time. It has crossed my mind more than once that the lost couple of hours in Paddington may have been spent in St Mary's A&E. His recent medical records may turn out to be very revealing, not that we're likely to hear about it even if they do.

jmo

Yes, the bus he took goes past St Mary's and Paddington is right next to it and a good place to get a cab from (uber or walk in to a minicab office and pay cash - just because most transactions are electronic doesn't mean cash isn't ever used)

On a side note: Regarding the seemingly unhelpful phone response from the police, is it not policy to give out the number for a missing persons helpline? I find it unfathomable that it wouldn't be offered up.

Also: For those of you not familiar with just how scary Epping Forest actually is at night, watch this video (but mute the happy music). It's Blair Witch on steroids.

Its the very definition of being in a dark place mentally and also physically, and its heartbreaking to think of a teenager entering such a place with the intentions he had.

Last edited:
If you report a missing person online (or update a misper case online - same form) to the met, then the automated receipt gives the link for the missing persons website. I don’t know about ringing it through to the met, but I imagine they would.

Yes, the police have stated publicly that they are still investigating - Richard's tech in in the labs, further resuilts of tests from the PM plus reiteration of appeal for footage/sightings of that night.

We do not know how he came about his death, other than on the basis of what they know so far, police have no reason to think there was any third party involvement.

Thanks for linking the video of walking through the forest. The verges look wider and easier to walk along than I remembered (though I think fatal hit and run and concealed body isn't a worskabke theory any more as no signs of that sort of trauma to the body)

JMO

Point of detail on Vit D - everyone shielding was offered 3 months free supply by the government. He may or may not have taken up the offer of course.

Whilst I understand the current wall-to-wall media coverage of the Duke of Edinburgh’s death, it’s unfortunate to say the least that Richard’s death and its investigation has completely dropped off the news agenda.

Whilst I understand the current wall-to-wall media coverage of the Duke of Edinburgh’s death, it’s unfortunate to say the least that Richard’s death and its investigation has completely dropped off the news agenda.

It will be back on the news when there is something new to report.

Exactly. RO may have entered the forest with no plan, just determined to not come back out, with the pond being one of his successful attempts. It only seems weird to walk into a forest at night because we can’t interpret his state of mind. If he was depressed he may not have felt that fear.

Dark forests at night have that percieved scary factor because of that risk you walk in, are somehow ambushed by some psychopath and never seen again. If you're acutely suicidal you probably don't want someone intefering with your specific plans, but at that point you're planning on being dead anyway the fear around bad outcomes from going into a forest aren't really of relevance I imagine. The worst case is someone else manages to do it for you.

I hope you’re right and the eight days of official mourning won’t eclipse any new developments . . .

He's no longer missing and it's not been declared a murder investigation so I'm not sure how much more there is for the news to report on at the moment to be honest. I don't mean that in a cold way, but just thinking from their point of view. We'll hear when the results are all in for sure.

I hope you’re right and the eight days of official mourning won’t eclipse any new developments . . .
I cant see why the mourning period would affect the investigation, unless it requires the Queen to pass a new law. It wont prevent other news being released.

In terms of developments, it's an active investigation and updates will only be released if they will not be detrimental to it.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan