Identified! UK - Clapham North, WhtMale, 25-35, short drk beard, black framed glasses, track casualty, Apr'20 - Andrei Plesa

dotr

Reaction score
CCTV images of unidentified man who died at Clapham North circulated by British Transport Police - Southwark News
clapham-north.jpg

A CCTV image of the man at Clapham North

''British Transport Police have circulated an appeal for information and description of the man who was found shortly after 10am on April 7 after reports of a casualty on the tracks. But so far there have been no new leads. His death is not believed to be suspicious.

The man, pictured, is believed to be aged between 25 and 35 and had a short black beard and black framed glasses.

He was wearing a blue Everlast jacket – with a distinctive logo, pictured – over a grey jumper, grey tracksuit bottoms, and blue socks with white stars. His trainers were Nike and light blue and grey.

Detective Sergeant Gerry Griffin said: “This was a tragic incident and we are working very hard to identify this man so we can let his family know what’s happened and give them the support they need.

“We have made extensive enquiries but now we need the public’s help. If you know who this man may be, then I would urge you to contact us as soon as possible.

Anyone who may have information about the man’s identity is asked to contact BTP as soon as possible by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40.''

Clapham-North-1-420x280.jpg

The jacket logo

I'd like to know if they've been able to compare his DNA against the Interpol missing person database yet? There are unfortunately many young men who have gone missing over the years in the UK (and elsewhere in Europe).
Rest in peace, young man.

Regarding the Everlast jacket..
About Us
''OUR HISTORY
The name Everlast is synonymous with boxing, although the company started out as a swimwear manufacturer in the Bronx in 1910.''

''On September 20, 2007 Everlast Worldwide Inc. was acquired by UK based company Brands Holdings.

As of 2007, the Everlast brand is now present in over 101 countries and has 88 licenses worldwide.''

Concern growing for missing Nottinghamshire man

Possible match? Martyn Hopwood, same physical appearance- dark beard, black frame glasses, blue jacket, blue jeans. This man is 39, age range for the UID here is 25-35... just a little out?

Hmm, I do personally think someone local to the UK could use the texting option to submit this possibility, though he's probably been considered.

Concern growing for missing Nottinghamshire man

Possible match? Martyn Hopwood, same physical appearance- dark beard, black frame glasses, blue jacket, blue jeans. This man is 39, age range for the UID here is 25-35... just a little out?
If it was not a year apart, would have thought that was a great match- but- did get a thread started for your suggested missing person, thanks!
UK - UK- Martyn Hopwood, 39, Bulwell, possibly travelled to Edinburgh, 1 April 2021

Oh stupid me, I didn't see the year difference. -Got carried away, my mistake, apologies!
Not at all stupid or so am i!
Had almost posted the missing date as 2021, but just in the nick of time, spotted that it happened last year (and the men were very similar in description.)

I think the man in the photo looks Asian (Indian, Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Afghani etc.)
He could also be of African origin, but I can't tell if that black bit on the photo under his hood is his hair or a black hat?

I'm wondering if he may be an illegal immigrant that was housed in London and life still didn't quite work out for him.
That may explain the lack of ID, driving licence or anything else on him.

Since this happened on April 7, 2020, we can rule-out anyone known to have gone missing after that date.

I agree with the speculation he may be a migrant or immigrant. There is a similar case in Germany that I'm following. It must be so difficult in so many ways to go to a country without support just hoping to start a new life, but I can't even imagine how difficult if someone doesn't qualify for residency or any benefits.

Since this happened on April 7, 2020, we can rule-out anyone known to have gone missing after that date.

I agree with the speculation he may be a migrant or immigrant. There is a similar case in Germany that I'm following. It must be so difficult in so many ways to go to a country without support just hoping to start a new life, but I can't even imagine how difficult if someone doesn't qualify for residency or any benefits.

Thanks for the welcome :) awesome to be here.

I didn’t even notice that it was 2020! Maybe I need to pay more attention.

Last edited:
This was the news release at the time.
Person dies at Clapham North station as train services suspended
7 APR 2020
3_800px-Clapham_North_Tube_Station_8714304907.jpg

Someone has sadly died at Clapham North Tube station (Image: Reading Tom)
''A person has sadly died at Clapham North London Underground station today.

Officers were called to the scene in south London just after 10am on Tuesday, April 7.

The British Transport Police are not treating this as suspicious and everything is being done to identify the person and inform their family.

The causality caused services to be suspended on the Northern line between Kennington and Morden.''

''A spokesperson for the British Transport Police said: "Officers were called to Clapham North Underground station shortly after 10am today (7 April) following reports of a casualty on the tracks.''

Hi, long time lurker, first post here.

Here's his official UK Missing Persons Police site profile with some more info & images.
Case 20-002724

Age range
25 - 30
Ethnicity
unknown
Height
172cm - 177cm (5 ft 7 ins - 5 ft 9 ins)
Date found
07 April 2020
Body or remains
body
Circumstances
Male was lying on the tracks near the platform. The train was unable to stop in time and the male was fatally struck.
Hair
black - untidy - short
Facial hair
full beard
Eye colour
Unknown
Clothing
footwear - trainers - blue - unknown - Light blue and grey Nike trainers - found trackside

headwear - woolly hat - black - tartan - Black woollen hat

hose - socks - blue - unknown - Blue with stars

jacket - hooded - dark - unknown - Dark/blue zip up. Logos in the left and right chest area. White strip on hood and around the bottom of the jacket

jumper - unknown - grey - unknown - Grey jumper

trousers - tracksuit - grey - unknown - Grey tracksuit bottoms

Possessions
Black frames glasses, lighter and over the counter eye drops.

Hi, long time lurker, first post here.

Here's his official UK Missing Persons Police site profile with some more info & images.
Case 20-002724

Age range
25 - 30
Ethnicity
unknown
Height
172cm - 177cm (5 ft 7 ins - 5 ft 9 ins)
Date found
07 April 2020
Body or remains
body
Circumstances
Male was lying on the tracks near the platform. The train was unable to stop in time and the male was fatally struck.
Hair
black - untidy - short
Facial hair
full beard
Eye colour
Unknown
Clothing
footwear - trainers - blue - unknown - Light blue and grey Nike trainers - found trackside

headwear - woolly hat - black - tartan - Black woollen hat

hose - socks - blue - unknown - Blue with stars

jacket - hooded - dark - unknown - Dark/blue zip up. Logos in the left and right chest area. White strip on hood and around the bottom of the jacket

jumper - unknown - grey - unknown - Grey jumper

trousers - tracksuit - grey - unknown - Grey tracksuit bottoms

Possessions
Black frames glasses, lighter and over the counter eye drops.
Welcome to Ws FaerieDust, thanks for chiming in with that link!

753.png

762.jpg

763.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member