MN - Daunte Wright, 20, fatally shot by police during traffic stop, Brooklyn Center, 11 April 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court records show Wright was being sought for fleeing from law enforcement officers and for possessing a gun without a permit during an encounter with Minneapolis police in June. In that case, a statement of probable cause said police got a call about a man waving a gun who was later identified as Wright.

Daunte Wright death in Minnesota traffic stop sparks unrest

Interesting.....that case isn't listed on the court site I posted above. Maybe he didn't go to court on that case yet so it's not listed???

Chief Tim Gannon of Brooklyn Center Police Department in MN says he believes the officer meant to pull out his taser when he shot Daunte Wright. "This appears to me, from what I viewed & the officer's reaction in distress immediately after, that this was an accidental discharge."

@Gia_Vang

Reporter: Do you believe this officer should be terminated? Chief: That officer is afforded due process just like anyone else.
Chief is back and apologized saying he left because he's used to handing this off to the BCA. SMH. This is kind of a cluster.

Mayor Elliott is asking someone off camera if the chief is "engaged" and why he can't answer questions right now about training, officer records, etc.

Chief says the officer is a "very senior officer."

Chief said the tabs were expired on the vehicle Daunte Wright was in. Officers discovered there was a “hanging item” in the rear view mirror. Then ran his name and found he had a warrant.

Reporter: Are you aware there's a delay in getting tabs? We're in a pandemic, etc. Chief: I am aware of that. Reporter: Is your staff aware of that? Chief: Yes they are.

I feel so sorry for the victim, and his loved ones. I pray justice is served once all of the evidence is known. From what I'm hearing on the news the officer pulled her firearm instead of her taser. I'll believe that to be the case if it only can be proven to be true.

Oh the officer is a woman. A highly seasoned officer. So she must have been a police officer for many years. I didn't know that, but I'm just now trying to catch up.

But, I also feel very sorry for those living in this community as well.

Imo, more violent protests or riots will happen, and those in this area will suffer greatly from the damage through no fault of their own. It just seems so unfair. :(

To this day I do not understand how violence solves anything. All I've seen is it greatly hurts so many innocent people and destroys jobs/businesses for those who had nothing at all to do with any of it. How does that make sense?

Jmho

I will never understand the need to “flee” from the police. It always seems to cause more damage than just getting arrested and facing your crimes. He didn’t deserve or NEED to die. Daunte shouldn’t have fought the cops and the police shouldn’t have fire their gun (on accident). It’s an entire domino effect.

I will never understand the need to “flee” from the police. It always seems to cause more damage than just getting arrested and facing your crimes. He didn’t deserve or NEED to die. Daunte shouldn’t have fought the cops and the police shouldn’t have fire their gun (on accident). It’s an entire domino effect.

No matter how you look at this it's not a justified police killing. IMO

I agree, people need to comply with officers, but this is exactly the reason why people (especially minorities) don't comply. They are scared and by the looks of this they should be..........we all should be.

When the female officer said, "I just shot him" it sounds like another officer said, "oh well".

That can't be what I heard. Did I hear that right?

Or did the other officer say, "oh wow"????
I hear the officer say “taser, taser, taser” and then discharges her firearm. I don’t think the other officer said “oh well”. jmo

No matter how you look at this it's not a justified police killing. IMO

I agree, people need to comply with officers, but this is exactly the reason why people (especially minorities) don't comply. They are scared and by the looks of this they should be..........we all should be.
Oh of course not. That’s not what I meant at all! But when I get pulled over, I hand them my license and comply and I’m on my way. If I try to run from them I would expect, at the very least, to get my butt beat and thrown in jail. If he would have just complied and got arrested then he would still be alive. That officer was completely wrong and I don’t agree with drawing guns for any reason and I hope something is done about her.

When the female officer said, "I just shot him" it sounds like another officer said, "oh well".

That can't be what I heard. Did I hear that right?

Or did the other officer say, "oh wow"????
I listened to it a few times, I think he said Oh Wow in response.
I could not help noticing how steady her hand was though while she took aim..

I hear the officer say “taser, taser, taser” and then discharges her firearm. I don’t think the other officer said “oh well”. jmo
After she says, "taser, taser, taser", she says, "I just shot him" and I swear I hear another officer say, "oh well". I hope to GOD he said, "oh wow" and not "oh well".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26